battles

Can no longer reset client passwords

I do wonder, if it was intentional or they thought it'd break the mess of client/user system. 

I don't see any value to removing it, when all other passwords for services are still plain text and the hash is stored locally. 

Bizarre, truly bizarre! I'd actually pay to watch whmcs at work! I reckon it'd be nearly as good as Chester Zoo! 

I also don't understand the lack of humility to say "Yeah, we messed up here. This whole idea was terrible and we'll revert back"  I think there's absolutely zero benefit added - users could be sub accounts with access. There's no need to further complicate an already delicate house of cards known as a whmcs database. I've seen more complaints about this than any other half-baked and poorly implemented feature and they seem to still think it's good! I do hope they spend all this extra money on a competent developer! If they hang around the colleges in Milton Keynes they'll probably find an upgrade willing to work Saturdays 🤣

Absolutely tragic state of affairs. 

I figured it out!  They want to have bank level security... you see the bank I use for business supports multiple users but I as the account owner can't change the password, security question, or do a password reset.  All I can do is enable or disable a user, yay for me.   I don't even think I can change the email address come to think of it.  Granted, this is probably a good thing for a bank but for WHMCS? 

7 hours ago, steven99 said:

I figured it out!  They want to have bank level security... you see the bank I use for business supports multiple users but I as the account owner can't change the password, security question, or do a password reset.  All I can do is enable or disable a user, yay for me.   I don't even think I can change the email address come to think of it.  Granted, this is probably a good thing for a bank but for WHMCS? 

It's the result of not understanding the market anymore, it's why they think selling us extras is adding value to the service! 

Market connect is just a collection of companies willing to pay them commission 

5 hours ago, isixhosting said:

I, as a paid WHMCS user, I'm asking a WHMCS representative to comment factually on this situation!

Choose one response:

1) It was a feature asked for by many users.
2) Open a feature request for us to ignore.
3) The new user/client system means it's hard to get right, so no.

13 minutes ago, bear said:

Choose one response:

1) It was a feature asked for by many users.
2) Open a feature request for us to ignore.
3) The new user/client system means it's hard to get right, so no.

How dare you forget the nonsensical platitudes! They work hard copy/pasting them and changing the words! 😛

We've intentionally broken the client/user system. Wildly inappropriate and not well thought out features just cause more work! I think they hope we're going to start selling their incoming webhosting/server packages on market connect to clients, which can be sold to users! 

I'd guess they're moving to the world's most convoluted multi level marketing scheme known to man 🤣

Why won't WHMCS put the ability to set a new client password back into the admin area?

Have it controlled  by an admin permission to limit who can actually do it. That leaves the choice up to the WHMCS administrator/owner. 

12 minutes ago, Damo said:

Why won't WHMCS put the ability to set a new client password back into the admin area?

Have it controlled  by an admin permission to limit who can actually do it. That leaves the choice up to the WHMCS administrator/owner. 

History has shown, they don't revert decisions regardless of how stupid, poorly implemented and buggy they are perceived by users.

They will forge ahead, continue making awful development decisions and the hired chimps will say how great it is and how they got asked so much.... except in public LOL ... for it! 

"It's a feature, not a bug" - whmcs staff authorised response list. 

6 hours ago, Damo said:

Now that's an idea. 

On 24/09/2021 at 03:22, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

brian! Left ages ago and is tagged in every other comment asking for help 🙃

as i'm finding whilst reading the backlog of hundreds of threads since my last visit.... thankfully I don't get emails about mentions, so i'm happily going through my whmcs-free life in ignorant bliss... i'll be back in November if I have the time (and inclination!).

they still haven't reversed on this ??? disappointing , but sadly not unexpected.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By javacodemonkey
      After updating with the most recent stable release (8.30.0), I went through my standard testing process to see if anything is no longer working.   I found that the Login As Owner function no longer works and, instead, updates the url to be (URL + #).  
      Is this something that has already been looked into for correction?  Are there any hot fixes that are suggested?

• By Manchester Web Hosting
      Hello everyone,
      Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Bascially  after reviewing our video heatmaps we have found loads of drop offs on our checkout page due to potential new customers getting frustrted with having to keep inputting the password and security question IF the checkout form has any errors OR hasnt been filled out with all the required details.
      IF thats the case then the form refreshes and points out the errors. Now what we noiced is that the customer would the fill out OR correct the errors being pointed too and then submit BUT they dont fill out the password OR security question again as (I ASSUME) they think its already present when in fact its been cleared.
      Have seen potential customers going through the checkout form up to 10 times (I know right!) filling out the form and adding in missing OR fields that contain errors. Would be ideal IF they looked at everything and ensured that they filled out everything the first time round. A perfect customer alas thats not the case.
      SO trying to figure out how to keep anything inserted in the password and security answer fields at the very least saved AS they are for the personal fields (name + address) in case there is an error and the page spits out which errors those are. At the very least they wont have to add in those details again (as thats whats making them go round and round in circles!!!)
      Further, it would be great if that can also be applied to the card number and expiry field NOT the cvv tho for abovious reasons...
      I have checked the following files and cannot see where that removal takes place:
      js/jquery.payment.js js/scripts.min.js Also checked the HTML to see if there is any indicators there but cannot find anything. Pretty sure I am misssing something here i.e where the validation uccors maybe thats where those fileds are getting stripped?
      Any pointers to what I am missing OR how to implement that? I was thinking that dding in a class OR additional bootstrap class direct into the HTML field output would help?
    • By lamjed001
      From WHMCS 8.0 i noticed that Custom Field of type password become encrypted, how ?
      when i get Custom Field ( type password ) value via my module to make account with this password i saw that password is encrypted
      i used decrypt($password) it works fine
      but when i change the custom field type to text so decrypt($password) will not work because password already decoded ( original value )
      So my question is : how to get password from custom field ( type text btw this is not encrypted ) and from custom field ( type password encrypted ) because i need my addon to be compatible with both types

Note : custom field of type text do not encrypt
      custom field of type password it become encrypted
    • By bblue115
      At the end of the year, I am working on a customer care campaign, to get a list of customers for this campaign, I need to know specifically how much each customer has spent on my services. From the papers there I can come up with the right strategy. But I couldn't find ways to test that figure. So would be grateful if someone showed me how to get a customer spending report. Thank you
    • By ModulesGarden
      1. Making Headway Towards Full WHMCS V8.0 Support

As you most probably know, WHMCS V8.0 currently enjoys the beta status, and the stable version is only a matter of time as well. This can only mean one thing - we have once again put all our modules on the examination table!

We are already releasing on a daily basis new WHMCS V8.0 and PHP 7.4 compatibility updates so catch up with all the latest releases, and stay on the lookout for more upcoming ones!
      cPanel Manage2 For WHMCS - v1.5.3 DirectAdmin Licenses For WHMCS - v1.4.1 Discount Center For WHMCS - v1.4.8 DNS Manager For WHMCS - v2.14.2 EURid Registrar For WHMCS - v1.3.3 Hosting Quota Notifications For WHMCS - v2.0.7 Name.com Registrar For WHMCS - v1.2.3 Password Manager For WHMCS - v2.2.10 Plesk Extended For WHMCS - v3.4.3 Quotes Automation For WHMCS - v2.1.3 Servertastic SSL For WHMCS - 1.4.4 Social Media Login For WHMCS - v1.3.6 Support Tickets Allocator For WHMCS - v1.3.4 Support Tickets Filter For WHMCS - v1.1.9 Unban Center For WHMCS - v2.3.2 WordPress Manager For WHMCS - v1.5.2
      Browse the Complete Support List!

2. EasyDCIM v1.7.0 Release

With the announcement of an all-new 1.7.0 version, EasyDCIM has once again hit the sweet spot by implementing a multi-purpose monitoring toolkit. This eagerly-welcomed feature simplifies greatly round-the-clock supervision of all devices and network ports, thereby allowing you to run your business without any risk of technical failure.

This landmark event also includes the introduction of a brand new gear to a diverse collection of EasyDCIM-oriented modules. Advanced Monitoring For EasyDCIM has been designed to further extend the choice of actions to be performed within the area of monitors management.

We also specifically recommend you check out the new mechanisms of system notifications, revisioned in such a way that you will never again miss any crucial change in the operation of your data center.

Work Smarter Not Harder with EasyDCIM v1.7.0!

Need Custom Software Development For Your Business?
      Get Your Free Quote Now! Specially for you we will adapt an application and its design to your own needs, create a new module or even a completely new system built from scratch!