Kian

[BX] PDF Invoice Archiving

In Billing Extension 2.2.133, we renewed the existing plugin that trasmits invoice PDF to a remote FTP server. We extended this concept to emails so that you can achieve the following goals.

First. If you company uses a DMS (Document Management System) you can process invoices as PDF files. The module can store them in a logical folder structure so that your DMS can extrat data from file content, name and dirctory. Here is a list of the available auto-tags:

• {YEAR} Format yyyy (2020, 2021...)
  • {MONTH} Format mm (10, 11...)
  • {DAY} Format gg (09, 10...)
  • {NUMBER} Invoice number (tblinvoices.invoicenum)
  • {ID} Invoice ID (tblinvoices.id)
  • {TYPE} Document type (Proforma, Invoice, CreditNote)
  • {USERID} User ID
  • {COUNTRY} User country ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 (IT, US, DE...)
  • {CURRENCY} User currency (EUR, USD, AUD...)
  • {PAYMENTMETHOD} Payment gateway system name (paypal, stripe...)

Let us show you two examples. Using {YEAR}/{MONTH}/{CURRENCY}/{COUNTRY}-{NUMBER}.pdf gives the following path/file structure:

• 2020/04/USD/US-Invoice 120.pdf
  • 2020/04/USD/US-Invoice 121.pdf
  • 2020/04/EUR/IT-Invoice 122.pdf
  • 2020/04/EUR/FR-Invoice 123.pdf

Here's another example with {TYPE}/{PAYMENTMETHOD}/{TYPE}-{ID}.pdf:

• Proforma/stripe/Proforma-1290.pdf
  • Invoice/stripe/Invoice-1298.pdf
  • CreditNote/paypal/CreditNote-1305.pdf
  • Proforma/banktransfer/Proforma-1354.pdf

The same feature is available for email sending. The module can automatically send all PDF files as attachments via email to multiple recipients (eg. you accountant) on a weekly (every monday) or monthly basis (on the first of every month).

whmcs-schedule-invoice-pdf-batch-via-email.png.f64736d3b1b0da9773df08cd8db1fa2a.png

You can customize the way files are stored in the zip as describved previously by simply using auto-tags. This way you no longer need to use Bath PDF Invoice Export to send invoices to your accountant.

Edited by Kian

Slightly OT: what about a post on "how to remove MOSS support for UK tomorrow night" ? 😉

Within in next few hours, I'll release an update that will do the following at 00:00 o'clock:

• Reset invoice / credit note sequantial numbers
  • Enable the new XML format for italian electronic invoices
  • Remove UK from EU & MOSS

The problem is that I still don't get if I should also do the following:

• Remove UK from VIES
  • Turn off tax exempt for UK companies
  • Gibraltar, Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey

Anyway I'm pretty sure that I won't do anything here as everyone has an opinion.

• Similar Content

• By code47
      Hello,
      I am creating a module for invoice to display data from database. I want to know how to add that fetch value from module to invoice using hooks.
    • By sokalsondha
      Hello everyone.
      greetings from me again. i need to print out monthly sales report to submit tax office and the way whmcs sales tax liability report print its not possible to submit.
      there is no company name showing and also we dont work with clients name so i dont need to show the client name in the report.
      also after print out the report it showing in the top the whole whmcs admin link and whmcs printer friendly report.
      is there any chance i can customize the pdf report? like the way we customize the pdf invoice
      Hope someone can help me on this issue

Thanks again
    • By sokalsondha
      Hello everyone.
      how are you? i need some expert help for my whmcs.
      basically i have setup a product with billing cycle quarterly with price of 150 euros. the customer used that for almost 2 and half months. now system generate an invoice for 150 euros again for the next 3 months. and now customer rang me and said he would like to go for monthly payment which is 55 a month. problem is invoice is generated and if i cancel the invoice system will not be generating any more invoice for him. 
      so what can i do now? i need to remove or cancel that 3 months invoice and generate him a monthly invoice
      can someone please help with some idea. i am sure lot of people face this issue before

Thanks very much in advance for reading my post
    • By code47
      Hello,
      I am trying to customize viewinvoice.tpl I have almost finished customization but I have stuck in adding qty and item price of product and configurable options. I have attached screenshot of what i want to achieve.