mairav

Information shown in client area

I'm using versión 8 RC2.
I've encountered some issues in client panel:

1. If  you are logged in client area as a user that has several services assigned, after selection of the account to manage,  you don't see easily which one you are managing. I'm thinking about a designer managing all their customers accounts. It would be nice to have somewhere at plain sight, the account being managed.
  2. I think that when the user logs in, and is shown the "Choose Account" page, all menu items like "support, domains, services" should be hidden until he selects an account
  3. Once an account has been selected, the user should only see those pages he is authorized to see. For example If a customer gives a designer permissions for tickets, it would be nice, all other menu options to be hidden, instead of being there and having a "I'm sorry" message.

Hi @mairav,

Thanks for taking part in the v8.0 pre-release testing, and providing your feedback on the multi-user experience.

The reason we went for the "I'm Sorry" pages is for consistency with the previous behaviour for sub-accounts which operated in the same way.  Contextual navigation links is an interesting idea, so thank you for suggesting that.

When a user switches account the portal home does show the name and address of account, and most other pages provide some indicator of which account is being managed, such as a list of domains or services (which are often associated with domains).

What might be a useful indicator for you? The account name (Firstname, Lastname) email address, or something else?

Would this be something displayed at the the top of the page or in the footer for example?

1 hour ago, WHMCS John said:

The reason we went for the "I'm Sorry" pages is for consistency with the previous behaviour for sub-accounts which operated in the same way.  Contextual navigation links is an interesting idea, so thank you for suggesting that.

Your welcome. I think it would make a better experience for users. Cause they won't be getting in areas that are not allowed to them, they'd just see what they can see.

When a user switches account the portal home does show the name and address of account, and most other pages provide some indicator of which account is being managed, such as a list of domains or services (which are often associated with domains).

I know, but I think it would be clearer if that information is shown in the same place through all client area.

What might be a useful indicator for you? The account name (Firstname, Lastname) email address, or something else?

I think that will depend on what administrators have selected in "General Settings > Other":

• Show first name/last name only
  • Show company name if set, otherwise first name/last name
  • Show full name & company if set

Would this be something displayed at the the top of the page or in the footer for example?

For example, it could be seen in the header bar, besides the Logout button.  For example

CUSTOMER
Peter Parker C

And a Switch icon or something like this

image.png.4a8c3dc193b019904e50a58b9f82aaf0.png

This is what I get when I login as adminstrator in cpanel. They give me the chance to change between different accounts (in this case customers) right from cpanel. They only provide this in home screen, but in the top bar, you see which user you are working on.

I really appreciate your time on this.

I know this is not related exclusively with this versión, but is there any chance to add the following to StatesDropdown.js, as there is no way yet to customize that file?

states['AR'] = ["Ciudad de Buenos Aires","Buenos Aires","Catamarca","Chaco","Chubut","Córdoba","Corrientes","Entre Ríos","Formosa","Jujuy","La Pampa","La Rioja","Mendoza","Misiones","Neuquén","Río Negro","Salta","San Juan", "San Luis","Santa Cruz","Santa Fe","Santiago del Estero","Tierra del Fuego, Antártida e Islas del Atlántico Sur","Tucumán","end"];

Sincerely thanks for listening my proposals.
(Sorry for my english, I hope it's clear what I mean)

Hi @mairav,

I discussed this idea with the product team, and ultimately the reason that we haven't added such a notice to the client area to date, is due in part to a matter of aesthetics.

However the active account is available to the template as a smarty variable, so this is certainly something you could add as a template customisation. For example:

{if $client}
    <li class="text-right">
        <small>
            You are managing:<br>
            {$client->email}<br>
            <a href="{routePath('user-accounts')}">Switch Account</a>
        </small>
    </li>
{/if}

Screenshot 2020-09-17 at 17.37.05.png

If someone really wanted to push the boat out, a hook could even be created which adds account info panel to the sidebar, along the lines of: https://docs.whmcs.com/Editing_Client_Area_Menus#Add_a_special_offer_image_and_link_to_the_top_of_the_topmost_sidebar

We'd be really interested to see what the community comes up with!

9 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @mairav,

I discussed this idea with the product team, and ultimately the reason that we haven't added such a notice to the client area to date, is due in part to a matter of aesthetics.

However the active account is available to the template as a smarty variable, so this is certainly something you could add as a template customisation. For example:

{if $client}
    <li class="text-right">
        <small>
            You are managing:<br>
            {$client->email}<br>
            <a href="{routePath('user-accounts')}">Switch Account</a>
        </small>
    </li>
{/if}

Screenshot 2020-09-17 at 17.37.05.png

If someone really wanted to push the boat out, a hook could even be created which adds account info panel to the sidebar, along the lines of: https://docs.whmcs.com/Editing_Client_Area_Menus#Add_a_special_offer_image_and_link_to_the_top_of_the_topmost_sidebar

We'd be really interested to see what the community comes up with!

Hi @WHMCS John

I really appreciate this code.

I was thinking of showing customer name or company, but couldn't find the smarty codes you mentioned. I fount this: https://developers.whmcs.com/themes/variables/ but there is no information there about all available options.

Nevertheless I figured it out. It worked with {$client->firstname}. I'll be playing around with your code, or the hooks to make it look good and working for customers. I'll update later.