1 minute ago, wsa said:

It work fine on my RC1 Dev Machine

But in tested in my two machines and in both same issue.

1 minute ago, ThemeMetro said:

But in tested in my two machines and in both same issue.

I have 3 Machine it work fine 

Alos getting below error in view cart page

For additional assistance, please reference the WHMCS TroubleShooting Guide »

WHMCS\Exception\InvalidDomain: Domain name input empty in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\desk\vendor\whmcs\whmcs-foundation\lib\Domains\Idna.php:0
Stack trace:
#0 C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\desk\vendor\whmcs\whmcs-foundation\lib\Domains\Idna.php(0): WHMCS\Domains\Idna->handleError(1)
#1 C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\desk\vendor\whmcs\whmcs-foundation\lib\Domains\Idna.php(0): WHMCS\Domains\Idna->decodeInput('')
#2 C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\desk\vendor\whmcs\whmcs-foundation\lib\Domains.php(0): WHMCS\Domains\Idna::fromPunycode('')
#3 C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\desk\includes\orderfunctions.php(0): WHMCS\Domains->splitAndCleanDomainInput('')
#4 C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\desk\cart.php(0): calcCartTotals(NULL, false, false)
#5 {main}

Hi @ThemeMetro,

It sounds like you might be missing some of the libraries required for IDN support. Couple of questions about your installation and environment, if you don't mind:

• Are all your installations experiencing this issue on IIS servers?
  • Is the Configuration > System Settings > General Settings > Domains tab > Allow IDN Domains option switched on or off?
  • Do you see any errors regarding this under Configuration > System Health?
  • What version of PHP are you running?
  • What version of the ICU library is installed on your system? https://www.php.net/manual/en/intl.requirements.php

If it's ICU version < 4.6, we try and use a pollyfill to still allow for basic IDN operation on systems missing a contemporary version of this standard extension, so it should still work even so.

1 hour ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @ThemeMetro,

It sounds like you might be missing some of the libraries required for IDN support. Couple of questions about your installation and environment, if you don't mind:

• Are all your installations experiencing this issue on IIS servers?
  • Is the Configuration > System Settings > General Settings > Domains tab > Allow IDN Domains option switched on or off?
  • Do you see any errors regarding that under Configuration > System Health?
  • What version of PHP are you running?
  • What version of the ICU library is installed on your system? https://www.php.net/manual/en/intl.requirements.php

If it's ICU version < 4.6, we try and use a pollyfill to still allow for basic IDN operation on systems missing a contemporary version of this standard extension, so it should still work even so.

I tried in both system Linux and windows and php version is 7.3 and no error in system health. also tied IDN on/off too but still getting same error and in another Linux (centos) system i am using latest cPanel. I don't think its required any custom ICU version 

Edited by ThemeMetro

56 minutes ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @ThemeMetro,

That's correct, no custom ICU version should be required.

Can you share the version of ICU you do have installed please?

I am not sure but it should be which is comes by cPanel by default in current latest version of cPanel.

Could you please tell me how can i check?

Edited by ThemeMetro

1 hour ago, ThemeMetro said:

I am not sure but it should be which is comes by cPanel by default in current latest version of cPanel.

Could you please tell me how can i check?

HI

The error you posted was a Windows computer, cPanel is only Linux so it can't be cPanel?

21 hours ago, ThemeMetro said:

Alos getting below error in view cart page

For additional assistance, please reference the WHMCS TroubleShooting Guide »

WHMCS\Exception\InvalidDomain: Domain name input empty in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\desk\vendor\whmcs\whmcs-foundation\lib\Domains\Idna.php:0
Stack trace:
#0 C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\desk\vendor\whmcs\whmcs-foundation\lib\Domains\Idna.php(0): WHMCS\Domains\Idna->handleError(1)
#1 C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\desk\vendor\whmcs\whmcs-foundation\lib\Domains\Idna.php(0): WHMCS\Domains\Idna->decodeInput('')
#2 C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\desk\vendor\whmcs\whmcs-foundation\lib\Domains.php(0): WHMCS\Domains\Idna::fromPunycode('')
#3 C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\desk\includes\orderfunctions.php(0): WHMCS\Domains->splitAndCleanDomainInput('')
#4 C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\desk\cart.php(0): calcCartTotals(NULL, false, false)
#5 {main}

8 hours ago, cyberhostpro said:

HI

The error you posted was a Windows computer, cPanel is only Linux so it can't be cPanel?

I know that 🙂 but was asking about Linux machine .. and i am trying to find out the issue.. 

Hi @ThemeMetro

Would you be able to advise us on what the cause of your error was, and the resolution so that we can update anybody else who runs into this issue?

2 minutes ago, WHMCS Peter said:

Hi @ThemeMetro

Would you be able to advise us on what the cause of your error was, and the resolution so that we can update anybody else who runs into this issue?

Sorry, it was issue with our Single Page Checkout code,   Sorry to bother 🙂

Adding a product in the clientarea shopping cart without the products/services option "Require Domain (Tick to show domain registration options)" in Product TAB "Details"activated throws the following php fatal error related to idna:

WHMCS\Exception\InvalidDomain: Domain name input empty in /home/user/public_dev/dev/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Domains/Idna.php:0
Stack trace:
#0 /home/user/public_dev/dev/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Domains/Idna.php(0): WHMCS\Domains\Idna->handleError(1)
#1 /home/user/public_dev/dev/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Domains/Idna.php(0): WHMCS\Domains\Idna->decodeInput('')
#2 /home/user/public_dev/dev/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Domains.php(0): WHMCS\Domains\Idna::fromPunycode('')
#3 /home/user/public_dev/dev/includes/orderfunctions.php(0): WHMCS\Domains->splitAndCleanDomainInput('')
#4 /home/user/public_dev/dev/cart.php(0): calcCartTotals(NULL, false, false)
#5 {main}

And also without seeing the cart summary and changing the currency does also not work. Fresh install whmcs 8 rc2, all custom hooks disabled.

Hi there,

We've not been able to reproduce the conditions for this error from our side.

Could you perhaps dump your database, zip it up, and attach here for us to try with?

Please be sure to remove any data you don't want to be publicly available before dumping the database.

All these issues are Database changes related. I cannot see any information about database changes in the changelogs nor anywhere in your docs. Sounds like HMCS still pretend that we check the plain sql text files to  figure out what have been changed. Years ago we talked about this and I suggested you to just mention which tables have been altered and/or added in the changelog. It would be just that simple to make it a little bit more dev friendly.

Hi all,

We've been able to reproduce this now and have case CORE-15216 opened in order to have this addressed in the next release.

In the meantime, please enable the "Require Domain" option in the product configuration.

Thanks for your assistance with the pre-release testing. Please do keep testing and sharing your feedback.

So the product issue itself with the database changes is for me resolved but not the issue with adding a product to the shopping cart. With or without the "require domain" and with or without allow IDN checked, adding a product or just a domain register does completely fail with the same message:

WHMCS\Exception\InvalidDomain: Domain name input empty in /home/user/public_dev/dev/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Domains/Idna.php:0
Stack trace:
#0 /home/user/public_dev/dev/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Domains/Idna.php(0): WHMCS\Domains\Idna->handleError(1)
#1 /home/user/public_dev/dev/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Domains/Idna.php(0): WHMCS\Domains\Idna->decodeInput('')
#2 /home/user/public_dev/dev/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Domains.php(0): WHMCS\Domains\Idna::fromPunycode('')
#3 /home/user/public_dev/dev/includes/orderfunctions.php(0): WHMCS\Domains->splitAndCleanDomainInput('')
#4 /home/user/public_dev/dev/cart.php(0): calcCartTotals(NULL, false, false)
#5 {main}

I did again a complete fresh install without installing any of our modules or any other 3rd party modules/addons/hooks. Just a clear and fresh install. Still the same.

> We've been able to reproduce this now and have case CORE-15216 opened in order to have this addressed in the next release.

I do expect rc 3 and not final stable release...

On 9/7/2020 at 7:02 AM, WHMCS John said:

In the meantime, please enable the "Require Domain" option in the product configuration.

That dont work I can not place no order now