do not buy from WHMCS GLOBAL SERVICES

do not buy anything from this company. I did purchase OVH whmcs module three week back and when i install I got to know Australia location is not there. so i open a ticket and then they got to know it is a bug since now its close to THREE weeks and they not replying to my ticket or chat.

PLEASE ATTACH SCREENSHOT OF MY TICKET

do not by buy ANYTHING from this CRAPPY PEOPLE

please attach screenshot of the ticket and see below video file how they respond to chat

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dCUyZxRB6Ey5LVr4r3r9gZkJ4Ge2JfB2/view?usp=sharing

WHMCSGLOBAL.jpg

Then you shouldn't buy anything from any WHMCS-based company because they all fail to meet customers' expectations.

There are 55.000 providers out there and less than 10 companies like WGS to choose from. We're always late because we can't handle so many customers. Moreover working with WHMCS is complicated and any library, API, registrar, platform, programming language (...) can change overnight. Not to mention bugs that still exist after so many years.

The thing is that a module should cost 1000 / year to meet expectations but no one is willing to pay for it hence it is what it is. I digress.

Good luck with your problem. Maybe one day there will be no more companies like WGS. Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters 👻

@Kian but to be honest, WGS has a bad rep for failing to do basically anything (whether it be replying to tickets or fixing their bugs).

It took them forever to fix this:

If you contacted them, you did not get a reply - for months. Their website was constantly offline, which meant our websites would constantly have increased load speeds.
Then in May, they announced that v3.0.3 was released, but it couldn't be downloaded from anywhere. I contacted them about it, but never heard anything. It's just recently that v3.0.3 was made available from the client area.

If I could go back in time, I would have avoided WGS at all costs. I don't expect that issues are fixing from day to day, but I would expect a reply to my support tickets within a week. My support ticket from November 2019 is still unanswered. The same goes for a ticket from August.

12 hours ago, DennisHermannsen said:

If you contacted them, you did not get a reply - for months.

I'm worse 🥳

Let's face it. Almost every company that works with WHMCS has a bad reputation myself included. Every review I have is negative. The funny thing is that I'm "GearHead" on this community and I'm working on WHMCS since 2008. The same applies to almost any other company. Every day I see tickets like «Give me a license to try your software because after {Insert-Any-WHMCS-Developer} I don't trust anybody».

I shouldn't say this but being a developer on this platform is atrocious and unrewarding for a lot of reasons. Personally I'm considering a move to open source or quit. From my experience the only "happy" developer is the one dealing with templates, translations, pre-written stuff, small scripts and things that can be made out of documentation and API.

We all have problems with tickets. Opening one takes a minute but solving it could require weeks of working due to how WHMCS is designed. Everything seems so simple and easy but it's not. Providers blame us for being late at answering tickets as if we spend the day watching movies. The truth is that dealing with action hooks feels like a bondage session. One day we had to spent 21 days of coding just to fix a redirect. If you want a taste of it, years ago I posted this screenshot just to show what I had to do in order to fix "Tax" on invoices.

Don't get me wrong. Customers are right at expecting answers within a reasonable amount of time but numbers involved are too big. As I said earlier, there are probably about 55k WHMCS users and such a small bunch of companies can't deal with them. Not to mention every provider needs custom-stuff, changes and support that not even WHMCS can provide. I mean, just look at Feature Requests 😵

Sadly now I think that the only business model that works is focusing on BIG providers (ones with deep pocket) and "best effort" the rest. Open source could be an option but I still have to try it.

Edited by Kian

19 hours ago, Kian said:

The funny thing is that I'm "GearHead" on this community

don't say that like it means anything - either someone wants to reply and be helpful, or they don't... a meaningless rank carries no weight or significance in doing that.... and I can say that as I was the first and longest-serving gearhead before I resigned from the rank. 😎

19 hours ago, Kian said:

Personally I'm considering a move to open source or quit.

sadly, I can't work up an ounce of sympathy for anyone (not specifically talking about you) stressed by, or moaning about, a position that they can walk away from tomorrow.... come back and complain when you've spent 5+ years trapped looking after a 63 year old with learning difficulties and dementia - the only ways out of which are emigration or doing something drastic... that's *real* stress my friend.  </rant>

19 hours ago, Kian said:

Providers blame us for being late at answering tickets as if we spend the day watching movies.

or spend god knows how many hours writing and re-writing a churn report for someone here... i'm not sure how I would feel if I was one of those paying users, waiting for a ticket reply or fix, to see you doing that. 😟

1 hour ago, brian! said:

don't say that like it means anything - either someone wants to reply and be helpful, or they don't... a meaningless rank carries no weight or significance

I can attest to that, as it was offered to me at one point, and I'm not very good at creating things or supporting more than the basics with WHMCS (not always even getting that right). I would understand Brian! or Kian having it, but me? Lowers the bar a bit, that. 🙂

26 minutes ago, brian! said:

sadly, I can't work up an ounce of sympathy for anyone (not specifically talking about you) stressed by, or moaning about, a position that they can walk away from tomorrow.... come back and complain when you've spent 5+ years trapped looking after a 63 year old with learning difficulties and dementia - the only ways out of which are emigration or doing something drastic... that's *real* stress my friend.  </rant>

I spent years next to persons with alzheimer and cancer but don't underestimate what work-related stress can do. Burnout syndrome is as dangerous as any other type of stress. You can't just "walk away tomorrow" since it follows you everywhere.

What if I'd tell you that your stress is fake? It would be a bs. There's no real or fake stress. Stress is stress. It depends on the person.

1 hour ago, brian! said:

or spend god knows how many hours writing and re-writing a churn report for someone here... i'm not sure how I would feel if I was one of those paying users, waiting for a ticket reply or fix, to see you doing that. 😟

I should work for more than 24 hours per day including holidays to handle tickets and what people write. Hiring employees is not enough since I'd still need to work 16.5 hours per day. I need more employees. It costs a lot hence I should double prices but I can't. Let's just say that I learned the hard way why WHMCS has feature requests and enterprise support.

When you realize that you can't solve this problem even working 24 hours per day including Chirstmas, you stick to your 8 hours, no matter what. And yes, this includes spending time on this community coding a script that I'd love to use for myself and give for free to anyone just because I like to be helpful. That's the very reason we all started coding.

Right now I'm forced to focus on big providers that can afford an expensive service level agreement at the expense of smaller ones. I don't like it. Not even a little. That's why I'm thinking to transition from closed-source to open-source but that's another story.

If you have a better idea (I'm not sarcastic) and are willing to share it with me, just tell me. I highly value your opinions.

1 hour ago, brian! said:

don't say that like it means anything - either someone wants to reply and be helpful, or they don't... a meaningless rank carries no weight or significance in doing that.... and I can say that as I was the first and longest-serving gearhead before I resigned from the rank. 😎

Of course it is a meaningless rank. I used it just to state that almost any WHMCS-related company, including ones with a bit of history, experience and "reputation", have problems with tickets.

• 7 months later...

@Kian The point you're missing by over a mile is that once you have a ticket, you respond to it.
And if you have a product, support it.

If you can't do any of the above, just quit and do something else.

When you start a business, you have to commit yourself to it regardless of the circumstances.

I posted a ticket to you months ago regarding an urgent matter and to-date there has not been a single reply. 
I even sent a reminder on another platform but to no avail.

Rant over.

Edited by Mandalorian

About late replies, i do have to backup the company as like others stated, there are a lot of hosting clients in the industry and not much plugins/addons companies for WHMCS meaning there will be many tickets, issues & questions and they will probably not have enough time to take care of all at the same time.

On 3/26/2021 at 2:39 PM, Mandalorian said:

@Kian The point you're missing by over a mile is that once you have a ticket, you respond to it.
And if you have a product, support it.

If you can't do any of the above, just quit and do something else.

When you start a business, you have to commit yourself to it regardless of the circumstances.

I posted a ticket to you months ago regarding an urgent matter and to-date there has not been a single reply. 
I even sent a reminder on another platform but to no avail.

Rant over.

Or charge extra for support!

People tend to overestimate their customer service or support skills. It gets boring and frustrating very fast and annoying and stressful when you hit a specific number of problems and/or users. Selling hosting or services is the easy part. Giving proper support is the hard part and is by far the biggest expense in a service company. People with good skills cost money and the customer service cost time which is money in the end. Even if it takes only 20 minutes per issue, you are completely limited by the amount of customers you can have based on the amount of staff.

I say this because people rarely plan for this. They don't price their products or services with support or post sales in mind. And there is nothing wrong with that, if that is, should just charge extra for support as increasing your whole prices is also not the best strategy if you have a lot of users that never require support. I'm surprised by how little people are just willing to charge extra for support, those that need it will pay for it for sure.

On the other part, if people need to constantly ask for support and help, they might be some issue with what you are selling or offering that needs to be fixed. If things work they should not be asking constantly for help. Ideal products and services, rarely require support because everything has some proper help documentation and it just works.

If it's a bug report it. If you have something urgent that is not a bug and you can't wait, buy 360° support. If you're looking for guaranteed reply with standard support I'm sorry, you will have to look somewhere else.

There are thousands of tickets per year each one is filled with many questions and requests. It usually takes 20 minutes to reply but each reply generates new questions for the simple reason that people are always looking for changes, new features and adjustments. At the end of the day processing a ticket can take days or weeks.

One person (me) can't reply to such a big number of tickets. Not even working 16 hours per day. For every closed ticket 5 new ones are submitted. Similarly I can't make adjustments on demand for everyone.

In the same time I also need to continue coding and deal with all the terrible updates of WHMCS. Every update introduces new bugs or replaces core features with new ones that have been clearly designed in a circus.

shoveling-bugs-in-whmcs.jpg

In essence, reading all tickets isn't possible. The only viable option is to focus on companies that are willing to pay for dedicated support with service level agreement. For all other customers there are 488 pages of documentation not counting almost 400 releases.

I'm not a rookie. I'm working with this software since 2007 and I belive I committed myself to WHMCS more than WHMCS staff in many occasions. I spotted countless of terrible bugs. Most of them are still there and I've been forced to write thousands of lines of code to deal with them. It takes time.

whmcs-fixing-bug.jpg

Lastly, I was not born yesterday. I did everything to prioritise customer care:

• 250k words of docs and articles for self-help support (Tier 0) available in two languages
  • We created lab where people can submit feature requests and bug reports instead of opening tickets and live demo to let them try modules before purchase
  • 7 modules have been cancelled and merged in one way or another in 3 modules to free up time
  • Speaking of freeing up time, I stopped working on custom projects 5 years ago regardless of how much they were willing to pay
  • From time to time registrations have been closed during periods with high-volume of tickets (eg. launch of electronic invoicing)
  • I hired an employee but it wasn't enough. I needed to hire two more developers to provide decent response times so for the very first time in 14 years of activity in WHMCS, I increased prices (from 95 to 149 euro) explaining the reasons why I needed more funds. We received tons of tickets with complaints. In essence they were all saying "I don't need better support but cheaper prices". That's fine. I guess it is what it is so I had to go for premium & paid support approach for providers that can afford it and leave the rest of customers with "best effort" model

In conclusion, don't forget that this is WHMCS, a low-volume market that doesn't leave much room to investments. Not to mention it is getting worse over time making the life of every developer a living nightmare. There's a reason why there are so few companies and developers working on WHMCS. There are 50k+ providers and maybe 8 third-party WHMCS developers to choose from. And they keep vanishing since the effort/revenue ratio is nothing spectacular. That's why most of them are also active on other platforms. As for me, I'm finding that coding a software that integrate with Amazon, eBay, Zalando etc. is 100 times easier, more profitable and rewarding.

Ironically, months ago I was even considering to integrate WHMCS with my new puppy that sells stuff everywhere (Amazon Seller, Amazon Vendor, eBay... with "full service" support - logistic, shipping, inventory, tracking, invoicing...) but hell no. I still love WHMCS but I'm not a masochist ⚰️

p.s. I'm not in the mood to start a debate about what I just said so love me or hate me. Feel free to choose any of my 7 competitors. Next year probably they will be 6 and then 5, 4, 3, 2... I think this will be our future if WHMCS keeps ignoring bugs and imposing silly decisions. They're on the right path to kill dev-community.

Edited by Kian

1 hour ago, Kian said:

If it's a bug report it. If you have something urgent that is not a bug and you can't wait, buy 360° support. If you're looking for guaranteed reply with standard support I'm sorry, you will have to look somewhere else.

There are thousands of tickets per year each one is filled with many questions and requests. It usually takes 20 minutes to reply but each reply generates new questions for the simple reason that people are always looking for changes, new features and adjustments. At the end of the day processing a ticket can take days or weeks.

One person (me) can't reply to such a big number of tickets. Not even working 16 hours per day. For every closed ticket 5 new ones are submitted. Similarly I can't make adjustments on demand for everyone.

In the same time I also need to continue coding and deal with all the terrible updates of WHMCS. Every update introduces new bugs or replaces core features with new ones that have been clearly designed in a circus.

shoveling-bugs-in-whmcs.jpg

In essence, reading all tickets isn't possible. The only viable option is to focus on companies that are willing to pay for dedicated support with service level agreement. For all other customers there are 488 pages of documentation not counting almost 400 releases.

I'm not a rookie. I'm working with this software since 2007 and I belive I committed myself to WHMCS more than WHMCS staff in many occasions. I spotted countless of terrible bugs. Most of them are still there and I've been forced to write thousands of lines of code to deal with them. It takes time.

whmcs-fixing-bug.jpg

Lastly, I was not born yesterday. I did everything to prioritise customer care:

• 250k words of docs and articles for self-help support (Tier 0) available in two languages
  • We created lab where people can submit feature requests and bug reports instead of opening tickets and live demo to let them try modules before purchase
  • 7 modules have been cancelled and merged in one way or another in 3 modules to free up time
  • Speaking of freeing up time, I stopped working on custom projects 5 years ago regardless of how much they were willing to pay
  • From time to time registrations have been closed during periods with high-volume of tickets (eg. launch of electronic invoicing)
  • I hired an employee but it wasn't enough. I needed to hire two more developers to provide decent response times so for the very first time in 14 years of activity in WHMCS, I increased prices (from 95 to 149 euro) explaining the reasons why I needed more funds. We received tons of tickets with complaints. In essence they were all saying "I don't need better support but cheaper prices". That's fine. I guess it is what it is so I had to go for premium & paid support approach for providers that can afford it and leave the rest of customers with "best effort" model

In conclusion, don't forget that this is WHMCS, a low-volume market that doesn't leave much room to investments. Not to mention it is getting worse over time making the life of every developer a living nightmare. There's a reason why there are so few companies and developers working on WHMCS. There are 50k+ providers and maybe 8 third-party WHMCS developers to choose from. And they keep vanishing since the effort/revenue ratio is nothing spectacular. That's why most of them are also active on other platforms. As for me, I'm finding that coding a software that integrate with Amazon, eBay, Zalando etc. is 100 times easier, more profitable and rewarding.

Ironically, months ago I was even considering to integrate WHMCS with my new puppy that sells stuff everywhere (Amazon Seller, Amazon Vendor, eBay... with "full service" support - logistic, shipping, inventory, tracking, invoicing...) but hell no. I still love WHMCS but I'm not a masochist ⚰️

p.s. I'm not in the mood to start a debate about what I just said so love me or hate me. Feel free to choose any of my 7 competitors. Next year probably they will be 6 and then 5, 4, 3, 2... I think this will be our future if WHMCS keeps ignoring bugs and imposing silly decisions. They're on the right path to kill dev-community.

WHMCS developers ecosystem is shrinking because they are locking the software down for advanced changes. It's becoming less flexible and less customizable. It's a true nightmare for web designers and developers once they find out a specific piece of line or bug is behind encoded files and cannot be fixed regardless of what Gods they decide to pray.

It's certainly a tricky situation for both, the provider and the customer. Both parties need to understand each others priorities to be served and to serve better...Clients at times show examples of Big Providers related to support / sales / Billing etc.  But when it comes to price choose the basic / lowest priced service / product and expect Enterprise  / Best output.

This is where it all starts and it's sad...

• 3 months later...