Sign in to follow this  
jamshed_11946

Admin Login notification hook issue with app

Hello Team,

I have been using this hook (https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1140947&p=9679078#post9679078) since 2015 and its working fine. It sends notification of admin login.

However, now when I try to login via WHMCS app, it sends a login notification on every action. So, I think app trying to login upon every action.

Can you people please help me?

Screenshot_4.jpg

Hello @jamshed_11946

Thanks for taking part in the WHMCS App Technical Preview and providing your feedback.

I can confirm this is to be expected and consistent with the current app.

So, I think app trying to login upon every action.

Yes, authentication is required for each API request - https://developers.whmcs.com/api/authentication/

3 hours ago, jamshed_11946 said:

I have been using this hook (https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1140947&p=9679078#post9679078) since 2015 and its working fine. It sends notification of admin login.

also covered here in this thread...

3 hours ago, jamshed_11946 said:

However, now when I try to login via WHMCS app, it sends a login notification on every action. So, I think app trying to login upon every action.

as you can see from the above thread, Tom's working on a commercial version of this - so possibly that will cover this issue too.

i'm not testing the app, but I would have thought that you might need to check user agents in the hook, or find another way to detect mobiles/tablets etc and not notify on those occasions... or limit the notifications per admin user for x minutes.

On 7/16/2020 at 8:04 AM, brian! said:

I would have thought that you might need to check user agents in the hook,

Actually tried that 🙂

The top login is through iPhone/Chrome (oops), bottom is through the iWHMCS app.

Betting dollars to donuts, it'll be the same with Android. Unknown OS, Unknown browser/browser version

This is done using the wolfcast/browserdetection class which is pretty reliable, or my testing has shown over the past few months

Given the fact that this is a mobile app, disabling login notifications really not something that should be done, honestly. All I can suggest, honestly, is using the mobile app only when absolutely necessary. 

Yes, this is getting embedded into another app, and this is just a slight preview of what it'll look like  in the next few months , once I get the app finalized and upgraded. Not going to say much more than that to avoid breaking rules

loginauth.jpg.50b4071d30c2fad8a0efd29c207fac72.jpg

Edited by twhiting9275