Jump to content
SDB

Logging in separately to submit support ticket

Recommended Posts

I can log into WHMCS using my user name (which isn't an email address) and PW, but when I go to submit a support ticket, it asks me to log in using an email. How do I resolve this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SDB said:

I can log into WHMCS using my user name (which isn't an email address) and PW, but when I go to submit a support ticket, it asks me to log in using an email. How do I resolve this issue?

how are you logging in with just a username ? if you're using the third-party addon in Marketplace to do that, then you should contact its developers to find out why it wouldn't work when you login to submit a ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2020 at 10:23 PM, brian! said:

how are you logging in with just a username ? if you're using the third-party addon in Marketplace to do that, then you should contact its developers to find out why it wouldn't work when you login to submit a ticket.

You can see that my account has an email address, but the login fails as does password reset, no message ever arrived after doing this several times. It's frustrating since I can't open a ticket due to this issue and can't find a similar one here in the community

WHMCS_MyAccount_June23.png

LoginFail.png

LostPW_June23.png

LostPW_Reset.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/06/2020 at 03:25, SDB said:

I can log into WHMCS using my user name (which isn't an email address) and PW,

are you logging into your own WHMCS install ?

10 hours ago, SDB said:

You can see that my account has an email address, but the login fails as does password reset, no message ever arrived after doing this several times. It's frustrating since I can't open a ticket due to this issue and can't find a similar one here in the community

you're trying to log into whmcs.com to submit a support ticket direct to WHMCS ?

if you don't get your license direct from WHMCS, then you won't be able to login - but if you go via reseller support, you won't have to login and will be able to submit a ticket to the Support dept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, brian! said:

are you logging into your own WHMCS install ?

you're trying to log into whmcs.com to submit a support ticket direct to WHMCS ?

if you don't get your license direct from WHMCS, then you won't be able to login - but if you go via reseller support, you won't have to login and will be able to submit a ticket to the Support dept.

Thanks Brian, we bought our license directly from WHMCS, so I'm confused. Is there a way to submit a ticket, or send a direct email, without going through the hoops of Help -> Get Help -> Ask Us -> Submit a Ticket -> "Reason" -> Other -> Submit a Support Ticket? This is where I hit the roadblock of needing to login using an email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SDB said:

Is there a way to submit a ticket, or send a direct email, without going through the hoops of Help -> Get Help -> Ask Us -> Submit a Ticket -> "Reason" -> Other -> Submit a Support Ticket? This is where I hit the roadblock of needing to login using an email.

normally, direct license users should just login in to the Members Area and open a ticket via there... but as you say, that's where you're coming unstuck because it's not accepting your email address or password reset - possibly you used another email address when you bought the license ?

in any event, if you can open a ticket via Reseller Support, you will be able to give them your license details and they should be able to check the details they have - and possibly reset or update the email address / password for you to allow you to login when you need to.

i'm not aware of any direct email or telephone options - there is an online chat for certain license holders, but I think you'd need to login to use that, so not really of much use in your position! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks again Brian, I think you nailed it, "possibly you used another email address when you bought the license ? " Here's the thing, we've setup several staff with full admin privileges, using their individual emails. But from what you're saying, only the one address used for the initial purchase will have the ability to submit tickets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SDB said:

Here's the thing, we've setup several staff with full admin privileges, using their individual emails. But from what you're saying, only the one address used for the initial purchase will have the ability to submit tickets?

the important thing to appreciate here is that your WHMCS install isn't linked in the way you think to whmcs.com - the links within the software are just that, links.... whmcs.com is not embedded within the software, so the links to open a ticket, visit this community are just links and nothing more... hence why you need to login etc.

creating admins in your WHMCS has no connectivity or interaction with whmcs.com - they're just staff that have access to your install, not whmcs.com.

I suppose you could create contacts/sub-accounts on the WHMCS site for those admins who you want to be able to open tickets with WHMCS - but next time you open a ticket with them, ask them and i'm sure they'll be able to tell you if it's possible and the procedure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, brian! said:

I suppose you could create contacts/sub-accounts on the WHMCS site for those admins who you want to be able to open tickets with WHMCS

Yes, this works - I'm a contact under the account which is owned by my manager, and I'm able to create tickets through that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines and understand your posts will initially be pre-moderated