Hi

i have 3 whmcs install

1) it’s slow switching brands and takes 5-10 seconds to load the information on the home tab

2) tapping the second brand is a bit awkward, it would be better if I could tap the domain name and not just the radio button on the left 

Hi @cyberhostpro,

Thanks for your feedback.

I agree the switching profiles could be a little more elegant, so we're looking to move it to a swipe option on the "Manage Profile" screen (next to Log out option).

The loading time when switching profile is dependant upon the time needed for your server to provide the data to your phone.

A loading spinner should be displayed throughout so you know that's occurring. If the spinner isn't displayed in any case, please do let me know so we can investigate.

Hi

1.0.2 has stopped me being able to switch brands. Tapping theradio button now just loads brand configuration page. 

Hi @cyberhostpro,

You can now switch profiles by swiping left on the profile you wish to use and tapping "Switch".

If it's intentional that tapping the radio button no longer changes the profile, then this radio button serves no purpose and should now be removed. Tapping it takes you to edit the profile, but that's what tapping on the pencil icon on the very right does, so either the old functionality should remain when the radio button is tapped, or the radio button should now be removed.

Personally I feel that tapping anywhere on the profile should switch it, unless you tap on the pencil icon to the right (which would obviously still take you to edit it). I do like the swipe that's been added, but I think some additional work is still required, specially as it's not obvious that you can swipe.

Is there also anything that can be done when you do wipe right on the profile, or a ticket? You currently have to swipe quite far over to bring the options into view, if you just swipe a small amount, they just show a little bit of the options and then go away again. In other apps, you only need to swipe a very small amount and then the options come into view, with minimal effort. Have a look at swiping left on an email on an iPhone as an example and compare that to swiping left on a profile or ticket in the new WHMCS app.

Hi @CassidyDNS,

I totally agree, removing the radio option is already on our list 🙂

Swiping left on the profile lets you switch and log out.

Swiping left on a ticket lets you Close and Assign. There's some discussion about those options here:

Thanks @WHMCS John.

I am aware of the other post (mine was the last one on it!) but I'd be keen to hear your thoughts on the below please?

23 hours ago, CassidyDNS said:

Is there also anything that can be done when you do wipe right on the profile, or a ticket? You currently have to swipe quite far over to bring the options into view, if you just swipe a small amount, they just show a little bit of the options and then go away again. In other apps, you only need to swipe a very small amount and then the options come into view, with minimal effort. Have a look at swiping left on an email on an iPhone as an example and compare that to swiping left on a profile or ticket in the new WHMCS app.

We're certainly open to feedback if there's a consensus of opinion that the swiping mechanic needs refinement or changing.

My personal experience of swiping left/right as an Android user is mostly limited to Gmail and Outlook, and I think our current experience compares favourably with those.

Happy to hear what others think?

Thanks for the reply @WHMCS John. I can only speak as an iPhone user and there are other apps which make use of the swipe feature like Facebook Messenger, which are consistent with Apple Mail, and many other apps on the iPhone. Maybe if this is different for Android, this feature on your new app should behave differently on iOS and Android? That way it will feel a lot more natural for users across both operating systems, instead of feeling slightly unnatural and clunky for iOS users.