Sign in to follow this  
jamshed_11946

Unable to Select multiple tickets to delete

I have just tested the new app and its a nice addition to WHMCS products box.

There should be an option to select multiple tickets to delete.

Please add this option

(I am sorry if I have posted in wrong community. Admins can move the thread to appropriate place)

Hi @jamshed_11946,

Thanks for your suggestion; you're in the right section!

I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts on the quick actions we currently have in place when you swipe left on a ticket; Close and Assign.

We felt these were the most common actions an admin would need.

Would most people find Delete more useful?

If so, which option should it replace?

Hello @WHMCS John

Thank you for response. Just checked the swipe actions and both are great.

I don't want to replace any of these with Delete option. It will better of you add delete action on swipe along with Close and Assign option.

Also, it will be great if you can add a check box to select all tickets for the options like delete.

I really like the actions you get when you swipe to the right, however, I think that the option to delete should be added when swiping right. A number of tickets can be created as a result of clients having out of office auto responders turned on, and these create pointless tickets. These normally get deleted, instead of closed, so it would be really beneficial if they could be easily deleted when swiping right to save having to click through to delete them.

I'm not sure there would be a huge use case for multi selecting tickets for deleting them as there are never a large number.

Hi all,

We've added the ability to long-press tickets in the list screen in v1.0.5.

You can select multiple tickets and a delete icon is displayed in the top bar.

Please give it a try and let us have your feedback!

9 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi all,

We've added the ability to long-press tickets in the list screen in v1.0.5.

You can select multiple tickets and a delete icon is displayed in the top bar.

Please give it a try and let us have your feedback!

Hello John,

Thank you for adding this option, however, it needs some modification.

Now, when I press and hold on any ticket, its selected but I have to repeat this process for every ticket which is a time consuming activity.

So, please do some modification and make it like "I press and hold on one ticket and it should be selected (which is currently working) but for other tickets, I only have to tap and the ticket should be selected (instead of pressing and holding the ticket)"

2 hours ago, jamshed_11946 said:

Hello John,

Thank you for adding this option, however, it needs some modification.

Now, when I press and hold on any ticket, its selected but I have to repeat this process for every ticket which is a time consuming activity.

So, please do some modification and make it like "I press and hold on one ticket and it should be selected (which is currently working) but for other tickets, I only have to tap and the ticket should be selected (instead of pressing and holding the ticket)"

I checked and I can confirm that once you have selected the first ticket (by pressing and holding), you can select the other ticket simply by tapping the selection circle in front of the tickets. You do not need to press and hold for other tickets once the ticket select mode is activated. 

Let me know how it goes 🙂

17 minutes ago, WHMCS Sachin said:

I checked and I can confirm that once you have selected the first ticket (by pressing and holding), you can select the other ticket simply by tapping the selection circle in front of the tickets. You do not need to press and hold for other tickets once the ticket select mode is activated. 

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Just checked and found that its working halfway I want.

Actually, when tapped on Radio button in front of every ticket (after selecting the first ticket), ticket is selected but when clicked on subject of ticket, ticket is opened (instead of being selected).

So, try to improve the logic that once a ticket is selected, all subsequent tickets can be selected by taping either on radio button or ticket subject.

Personally I feel like it makes sense that tapping on the subject of the ticket opens it rather than adding it to the selection - sometimes I might need to open it briefly to check it's the right one to delete. This is how it works on various other apps such as Gmail as well.

3 hours ago, steph.hope said:

Personally I feel like it makes sense that tapping on the subject of the ticket opens it rather than adding it to the selection - sometimes I might need to open it briefly to check it's the right one to delete. This is how it works on various other apps such as Gmail as well.

I think you convinced me to be satisfied on current structure.