Anders

offer ex 30 days free hosting?

Hi guys,

i want to offer 30 days free and for example 7 days before the end, a mail is sent to customer to upgrade is this possible?

regards kimberley

Brian you are so fast :) i will try it.

warm regards Kimberley

4 minutes ago, Anders said:

very nice, any ideas what email templates could be used for this. or how an email could be setup for this or is it any ready email templates out there?

you could create a custom email template for this purpose...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Email_Templates

for the purpose of the email marketer, it would probably need to be a Product type email template.

I'm working on this same thing, but unfortunately when you specify a number of days in the pricing tab of the free trial product, it terminates the entire account!  Thus, files are lost.  I need it to SUSPEND instead of terminate.  Why is this not an option anyway?

22 hours ago, frogabog said:

I'm working on this same thing, but unfortunately when you specify a number of days in the pricing tab of the free trial product, it terminates the entire account!  Thus, files are lost.  I need it to SUSPEND instead of terminate. 

I think the feature has always had termination as the only option... possibly to give extra encouragement to  the user to upgrade before termination occurs! 😨

don't forget you can automate the sending of email reminders to the user that the trial will end in x days and they should upgrade or lose their data.

coding wise, you could prevent termination occurring with a hook and then suspend the account instead if you wanted to go down that road.

22 hours ago, frogabog said:

Why is this not an option anyway?

a good question for which I don't know the answer... maybe it's never really been asked for as I had a quick look at the dusty feature requests site and could find a request for suspension of trials in stead of termination (though that doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't a request for it there somewhere!).