davet

Credit Card Payment Removed from WHMCS for No Reason.

I have a CDG Commerce Merchant account using Quantum Gateway.

Recently I've had a few customers contact me about their card on file is missing and they had to re-add it.

I thought that maybe their cards expired but checked my merchant account.

I checked their recent payments and their cards did NOT expire.

I also checked the Secure Vault within Quantum Gateway and I do see a profile for each customers.

Any ideas why their cards were removed from WHMCS?

Is there a way to re-add it to WHMCS, or re-link it to the card in Secure Vault without requiring my customers to re-add the card themselves?

Hi @davet,

Which version of WHMCS are you using?

Please review the client's Email and Log tab. Do you see any entries or email notifications related to card removal or expiry at around the time this occurred?

I was using version 7.9.1 at the time but just upgraded yesterday to 7.9.2

Nothing is showing in the Email nor Log tab about their card being removed.

I have had the exact same problem.  Also nothing in the email and logs. with 7.9.1 and I am now running 7.9.2.

Is there a way to re-attach the card to WHMCS? 

The card details are within the SECURE VAULT within my Merchant account but I do knot know the full card details.

I had another customer contact me about their payment on file is no longer there but it is in the SECURE VAULT in my Quantum Gateway.

Is there a way of re-connecting/re-adding their card from the Secure Vault without knowing the full card number?

I checked the emails and log within WHMCS and don't see any emails about a card being removed nor expiring.

@davet Although not recommended, you could pop the token back into the database, but I would suggest having the client re-enter the credit card details to re-create the whole new token ID

This exact same thing happened to us.  Any idea what happened, and can we be reassured it won't happen again?   Most customers are cool with us calling them about this, but some are cranky that  they have to re-enter their info.

I had another one removed today after looking at the customer profile from admin.

The activity log shows the following:

03/05/2020 08:58    
Automatically Removed Payment Method without Encrypted Data. PayMethod ID: 391 User ID: 13
    Xxxxx    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Automatically Removed Payment Method without Encrypted Data. PayMethod ID: 391 User ID: 13
    Xxxxx    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Pay Method migration failed. Card number must be at least 13 chars - User ID: 13
    Xxxxx    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Nothing is in any other logs

Posted (edited)
On 2/20/2020 at 5:32 PM, WHMCS John said:

Although not recommended, you could pop the token back into the database, but I would suggest having the client re-enter the credit card details to re-create the whole new token ID

You wouldn't happen to have a tutorial on how to do this?

Although it doesn't seem all clients have had their cards removed I keep coming across more and more that have had their cards removed.

If you don't have a tutorials, what table and field is the data stored in?

Edited by davet

Please do open a support ticket with an impacted client.  We can examine a database backup prior to the migration and compare it to the current database to determine the cause of this behaviour.

For tokenised gateways, the fields in question are typically tblclients.gatewayid, tblclients.cardlastfour and tblclients.cardtype. There should be nothing in the other card* or bank* fields.

As always; direct database manipulation is not recommended or supported. Before making changes to the database, please backup.