zomex

How do you handle failed emails sent by WHMCS?

Hello,

I'm wondering how everyone handles failed emails sent by WHMCS.

For example if a client is using a domain and has gone out of business and let their domain expire. If you send a marketing email and they have opted-in to receive the email then the email sent will of course fail. If you have 100 clients emails that no longer exist and send 10 marketing emails a year that's 100 returned emails per year.

Do you ignore these and just accept that they will fail. Manually opt-out of marketing emails for these client accounts?

Thanks,
Jack

I manually each client account 

1. Send Mass Mail
  2. Note down every email that gives "Sending Failed" in a PHP array
  3. In AfterCronJob iterate over the array to move the "Sending Failed" customers in a Client Group named "dead people"
  4. Make sure that "dead people" Client Group is NOT selected when you send new Mass Mail
  5. Repeat the process 2 times then stop because I'm too lazy to continue and find a better solution
  6. Keep playing with invoices 😪

5 hours ago, Kian said:
  1. Send Mass Mail
  2. Note down every email that gives "Sending Failed" in a PHP array
  3. In AfterCronJob iterate over the array to move the "Sending Failed" customers in a Client Group named "dead people"
  4. Make sure that "dead people" Client Group is NOT selected when you send new Mass Mail
  5. Repeat the process 2 times then stop because I'm too lazy to continue and find a better solution
  6. Keep playing with invoices 😪

That's very creative 😄

5 hours ago, wsa said:

I manually each client account 

That's good to hear as I've spent a LONG time this week manually editing old client profiles. I have finished now so fully the next mass mail email will have 90% less returned emails.