Sign in to follow this  
slim

eWay - Cards not being processed in Cron

I was beta testing the new eWay secure fields in the RC, and it was working mostly OK.

However, after updating to the full release, it appears my cron job is no longer attempting to process cards. The cron appears to complete OK - But in the cron email, it says '0' Credit Card Charges..ย  I can see lots of overdue invoices for the last two days - none have been attempted. I was able to process them manually via the admin area in WHMCS, but obviously somthing has gone wrong.

Anyone else have same issue?

I'm having the same issue with multiple WHMCS instances. I opened a ticket and haven't gotten anywhere with support yet.

You might want to open a ticket, support told me they couldn't replicate the issue but it has happened now two days in a row on multiple WHMCS instances on multiple servers for me.

5 hours ago, jclarke said:

You might want to open a ticket, support told me they couldn't replicate the issue but it has happened now two days in a row on multiple WHMCS instances on multiple servers for me.

Hello,

Looking over your ticket, I can see that we requested additional details to perform further investigation. Please follow up with them so we can do so.

We've attempted to reproduce this locally, but cannot at this time. This would normally suggest that the underlying cause is a cron-related issue (for example: the crons folder wasn't updated during the update, an unexpected issue with cron on the server itself, etc) that is either causing the cron job to fail to complete or preventing the credit card task itself from completing. The first thing to do would be to debug the cron using our instructions at https://help.whmcs.com/m/automation/l/683269-advanced-cron-troubleshooting

At the very least, that should reveal any errors that are occurring and those can be investigated further. I'd recommend opening a ticket with the findings from the above and we can assist further.

All of my WHMCS instance can not run daily Cron, I check the log, the daily Cron can start,but can't complete.

Ok, I have followed the WHMCS tutorial for troubleshooting the cron..ย 

[xxx@xxx~]$ php -q /home/xxxx/xxxxx/crons/cron.php all -F -vvv

WHMCS Automation Task Utility: all
==================================

ย Daily Cron Automation Mode

Queuing Tasks
-------------

ย Force run any tasks: ignore "in progress" and "is due"
ย Task queues ready

Executing Application Queue
---------------------------

ย  0/31 [โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย  0% < 1 sec/< 1 sec 20.0 MiB
ย Currency Exchange Rates
ย  1/31 [โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย  3% < 1 sec/< 1 sec 20.0 MiB
ย Product Pricing Updates
ย  2/31 [โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย  6% < 1 sec/< 1 sec 22.0 MiB
ย Tenant Usage Metrics
ย  3/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย  9% 2 mins/20 mins 24.0 MiB
ย Invoices
ย  4/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 12% 2 mins/20 mins 48.0 MiB
ย Late Fees
ย  5/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 16% 2 mins/16 mins 48.0 MiB
ย Credit Card Charges
ย  6/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 19% 2 mins/13 mins 48.0 MiB
ย Invoice & Overdue Reminders
ย  7/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 22% 3 mins/14 mins 48.0 MiB
ย Domain Renewal Notices
ย  8/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 25% 3 mins/13 mins 50.5 MiB
ย Cancellation Requests
ย  9/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 29% 3 mins/12 mins 50.5 MiB
ย Overdue Suspensions
ย 10/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 32% 3 mins/10 mins 50.5 MiB
ย Overdue Terminations
ย 11/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 35% 3 mins/9 mins 50.5 MiB
ย Fixed Term Terminations
ย 12/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 38% 3 mins/9 mins 50.5 MiB
ย Inactive Tickets
ย 13/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 41% 3 mins/8 mins 50.5 MiB
ย Prune Ticket Attachments
ย 14/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 45% 3 mins/7 mins 50.5 MiB
ย Delayed Affiliate Commissions
ย 15/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 48% 3 mins/7 mins 50.5 MiB
ย Affiliate Reports
ย 16/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 51% 3 mins/6 mins 50.5 MiB
ย Email Marketer Rules
ย 17/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 54% 3 mins/6 mins 50.5 MiB
ย SSL Sync
ย 18/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 58% 5 mins/8 mins 50.5 MiB
ย Credit Card Expiry Notices
ย 19/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 61% 5 mins/8 mins 50.5 MiB
ย Server Usage Stats
ย 20/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 64% 5 mins/8 mins 50.5 MiB
ย Overage Billing Charges
ย 21/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 67% 5 mins/7 mins 50.5 MiB
ย Client Status Update
ย 22/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 70% 5 mins/7 mins 50.5 MiB
ย Domain Expiry
ย 23/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 74% 5 mins/6 mins 50.5 MiB
ย Ticket Escalation Rules
ย 24/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 77% 5 mins/6 mins 50.5 MiB
ย Data Retention Pruning
ย 25/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 80% 5 mins/6 mins 50.5 MiB
ย Update Server Usage
ย 26/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 83% 5 mins/6 mins 50.5 MiB
ย Update Server Meta Data
ย 27/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 87% 5 mins/5 mins 50.5 MiB
ย Run Jobs Queue
ย 28/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] ย 90% 5 mins/5 mins 50.5 MiB
ย WHMCS Updates
ย 29/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘] ย 93% 5 mins/5 mins 56.5 MiB
ย Domain Transfer Status Synchronisation
ย 30/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘] ย 96% 5 mins/5 mins 56.5 MiB
ย Domain Status Syncronisation
ย 31/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“] 100% 5 mins/5 mins 58.5 MiB

ย Sending Daily Cron Digest email

Executing System Queue
----------------------

ย 4/4 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“] 100% < 1 sec/< 1 sec 58.5 MiB

ย [OK] Completed
ย 

However, When I look at the overdue invoice list I can see a bunch of invoices that are due that should have processed but didn't. I also checked my eWay logs and there were ZERO attempts at any card transactions. (see the attached image showing the invoices due yesterday.. its the 12th here today at about 9:30am)

ย 

I can also confirm the CRON folder was updated.. All files except the config.php file have a file date of 8th Jan 2020, which is the date I updated to 7.9 from the RC. The contents of cron.php are:

ย 

// * WHMCS - The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support Solution    *
// * Copyright (c) WHMCS Ltd. All Rights Reserved,                         *
// * Version: 7.9.0 (7.9.0-release.1)                                      *
// * BuildId: 2fe3943.452                                                  *
// * Build Date: 08 Jan 2020  

Toย make matters even worse, WHMCS is sending overdue invoices to customers whos invoice wasn't paid during yesterdays cron.. resulting in a customer service nightmare.

whmcsoverdue.png

whmcscronsummary.png

Edited by slim
add info about cron folder

There is a bug in the code, I provided with support more details so hopefully they will have a fix soon.ย Ifย you checkย "Attempt Only Once" in automation settings it will fix it for now.ย 

hereย isย mytroubleshooting

Daily Cron Automation Mode

Queuing Tasks
-------------

Force run any tasks: ignore "in progress" and "is due"
Task queues ready

Currency Exchange Rates

Product Pricing Updates

Tenant Usage Metrics

Invoices

Late Fees

Credit Card Charges

Invoice & Overdue Reminders

Domain Renewal Notices

Cancellation Requests

Overdue Suspensions

Overdue Terminations

0/31 [โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] 0% < 1 sec/< 1 sec 28.0 MiB
3/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] 9% 3 secs/31 secs 32.0 MiB
6/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] 19% 4 secs/21 secs 32.0 MiB
9/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] 29% 10 secs/34 secs 52.5 MiB

ย 

and

ย 

Daily Cron Automation Mode

Queuing Tasks
-------------

Force run any tasks: ignore "in progress" and "is due"
Task queues ready

Currency Exchange Rates

Product Pricing Updates

Tenant Usage Metrics

Invoices

Late Fees

Credit Card Charges

Invoice & Overdue Reminders

Domain Renewal Notices

Cancellation Requests

0/31 [โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] 0% < 1 sec/< 1 sec 28.0 MiB
3/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] 9% 2 secs/21 secs 32.0 MiB
6/31 [โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘] 19% 2 secs/10 secs 32.0 MiB

and Iย closeโ€œ Enable Terminationย ย  โ€ย andโ€œCancellation Requestsโ€,ย theย dailyย cronย isย runย correctly.

ย 

butย But I have to manually terminate the service and cancel the product with cancellation request.

I think this is a bug, when will it be fixed? I haveย also submitted a ticketย 

Hi @slim and @jclarke,

We have identified an issue which could be the cause of the behaviour you are seeing here.

Please change the Setup > Automation Settings > Retry Every Week For setting to 0,

or tick the "Attempt Only Once" checkbox.

ย 

We have opened case CORE-14171 internally regarding this for further investigation as a priority.

ย 

@Po1son,

This situation where the automation tasks are not completing is slightly different to that being discussed here, and wouldn't impact credit card processing.

Please note That we are having the same issue with ourย PayPay gateway since upgrading to 7.9 -ย Running an invoice through manually and it works. Cron works. Invoices just sit in the queue and donโ€™t get charged.

I have a ticket open and have been trying to resolve this for 3 days. I am being told that whmcsย donโ€™t support the PayPal gateway and its not supported even though that Gateway came with the install. Does not seem very professional after reading this,

I will try changing re-billing to 0. Thanks,

jerry

8 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

ๅ—จ@slimๅ’Œ@jclarke๏ผŒ

ๆˆ‘ไปฌๅ‘็Žฐไบ†ไธ€ไธช้—ฎ้ข˜๏ผŒๅฏ่ƒฝๆ˜ฏๆ‚จๅœจๆญคๅค„็œ‹ๅˆฐ็š„่กŒไธบ็š„ๅŽŸๅ› ใ€‚

่ฏทๆ›ดๆ”น่ฎพ็ฝฎ>่‡ชๅŠจๅŒ–่ฎพ็ฝฎ>ๆฏๅ‘จ้‡่ฏ•่ฎพ็ฝฎไธบ0๏ผŒ

ๆˆ–ๅ‹พ้€‰โ€œไป…ๅฐ่ฏ•ไธ€ๆฌกโ€ๅค้€‰ๆก†ใ€‚

ย 

ๆˆ‘ไปฌๅทฒๅœจๅ†…้ƒจ้’ˆๅฏนๆญค้—ฎ้ข˜ๆ‰“ๅผ€ไบ†CORE-14171ๆกˆ๏ผŒไปฅไฝœไธบ่ฟ›ไธ€ๆญฅ่ฐƒๆŸฅ็š„้‡็‚นใ€‚

ย 

@ Po1son๏ผŒ

่‡ชๅŠจๅŒ–ไปปๅŠกๆœชๅฎŒๆˆ็š„ๆƒ…ๅ†ตไธŽๆญคๅค„่ฎจ่ฎบ็š„ๆƒ…ๅ†ต็•ฅๆœ‰ไธๅŒ๏ผŒๅนถไธ”ไธไผšๅฝฑๅ“ไฟก็”จๅกๅค„็†ใ€‚

Thankย you ,myย problemย hasย beenย solvedย byย CORE-14170

9 hours ago, Jerry1 said:

Please note That we are having the same issue with ourย PayPay gateway since upgrading to 7.9 -ย Running an invoice through manually and it works. Cron works. Invoices just sit in the queue and donโ€™t get charged.

I have a ticket open and have been trying to resolve this for 3 days. I am being told that whmcsย donโ€™t support the PayPal gateway and its not supported even though that Gateway came with the install. Does not seem very professional after reading this,

I will try changing re-billing to 0. Thanks,

jerry

Turning off auto re-billing after cc fail took care of it.

Hi all,

I'm pleased to advise a hotfix has now been produced to provide an immediate resolution:

My apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I can see a new version of WHMCS 7.9.1 includes this fix. I have installed it and run the CRON via the command line as per the troubleshooting guide.

**I can confirm that the cards now process as they are supposed to**

Thanks!