zitu4life

Add a file download only for staff

Hello there

I  want to add some tutorial PDF  to be downloaded only by   staff, so   the   steps   are  as   below: 

Support>Downloads

image.png.2f76ab14d00728026d390272ce553d35.png

After that I will   save and   will add download file...

image.thumb.png.ae1286a20cd872ff8884776c42ee2e17.png

Now it is   uploaded  , so   a staff   will  download it.

image.png.9e487fd6e2d70257f2205c16e7f885ca.png

image.png.48a4be2e2c5bddf60c87deb0c9a5cb17.png

To download   a file I need  to copy  url   and open  it on a browser ?   there is no more friendly way to just   download   like on client   area   😐

The way it   works   is not friendly (Copy link and past on browser on another tab)...Why not   a link  to just   click   and download,   am I missing   something?  😶

Edited by zitu4life

14 minutes ago, zitu4life said:

To download   a file I need  to copy  url   and open  it on a browser ?   the re is no more friendly way to just   download   like on client   area   😐

not by default I think... there would be workarounds, e.g you could...

• add links to Lara's menus - you could upload these files anywhere, you wouldn't particularly need to use WHMCS to upload them.
  • create a widget to output these links - if you're going to use downloads for this, then that's a query to the tbldownloads database table.
  • the Staff Noticeboard addon (already within WHMCS) would be an option, but it doesn't natively support clickable links - it has it's own homepage widget, but it's encrypted, so to make it's links clickable would probably require a custom widget.
    (worth noting that the staff noticeboard addon is supposedly being deprecated/removed, but it's still currently in the v7.9 beta).
  • various admin hook points would be available depending on how/where you wanted to show these links.
  • there would be various staff addons available in Marketplace, but i'm not sure if any would use downloads... check them out for yourself though.
53 minutes ago, zitu4life said:

The way it   works   is not friendly (Copy link and past on browser on another tab)...Why not   a link  to just   click   and download,   am I missing   something?  😶

downloads aren't really supposed to be used by admins in this way - they're for clients/products... so if you use this, I wouldn't particularly add anything that you wouldn't want a client to see!