JoshuaR

Domain checker says it is available but also unavailable

On 28/11/2019 at 08:38, JoshuaR said:

So I have this weird issue is it known or does anybody know how to fix the problem?

try it using Six & Standard Cart and see if the same thing occurs - if it doesn't, then it's likely an issue with your custom template or orderform.

also, if you are using standard whois, then I think there are whois lookup limits for .nl

On 29/11/2019 at 3:58 PM, brian! said:

try it using Six & Standard Cart and see if the same thing occurs - if it doesn't, then it's likely an issue with your custom template or orderform.

also, if you are using standard whois, then I think there are whois lookup limits for .nl

Yep it still occurs when using another Cart. But rather when looking up an non .nl domain it does work for example the .com domains work fine.

On 05/12/2019 at 08:47, JoshuaR said:

Yep it still occurs when using another Cart. But rather when looking up an non .nl domain it does work for example the .com domains work fine.

are you using standard whois for your lookups?

https://docs.whmcs.com/Domain_Suggestions

On 06/12/2019 at 13:41, JoshuaR said:

I am using the WHMCS Namespinning.

NameSpinning is really just eNom - but i'm pretty sure that eNom don't offer the .nl TLD and therefore for that TLD, WHMCS will resort to using standard whois.

however as I said previously, I believe the .nl registry still impose a maximum of just 15 port43 (the method normally used by WHMCS) whois lookups per day per IP (or 500 lookups on their website) - obviously, if you're based in the NL, or offer .nl as a primary TLD option, you will easily hit those lookup limits (especially if used for suggestions too)... and then you might start seeing domains marked as unavailable when they're not.

when you mentioned that this is only occurring for .nl, but not the other TLDs, this would be the most likely reason... .com etc will be using eNom's API to get the whois results and with them, there should be no lookup limits.

if you think this lookup limit issue is occurring for you, then I might suggest talking to sidn.nl and seeing if they can whitelist your server IP.

if you had an account with a lookup provider registrar that offers the .nl TLD, e.g Logicboxes (resellerclub, resell.biz, netearthone etc), then that could be another option, but that might then cause problems with other TLDs that you want to sell.

On 8/12/2019 at 2:00 PM, brian! said:

NameSpinning is really just eNom - but i'm pretty sure that eNom don't offer the .nl TLD and therefore for that TLD, WHMCS will resort to using standard whois.

however as I said previously, I believe the .nl registry still impose a maximum of just 15 port43 (the method normally used by WHMCS) whois lookups per day per IP (or 500 lookups on their website) - obviously, if you're based in the NL, or offer .nl as a primary TLD option, you will easily hit those lookup limits (especially if used for suggestions too)... and then you might start seeing domains marked as unavailable when they're not.

when you mentioned that this is only occurring for .nl, but not the other TLDs, this would be the most likely reason... .com etc will be using eNom's API to get the whois results and with them, there should be no lookup limits.

if you think this lookup limit issue is occurring for you, then I might suggest talking to sidn.nl and seeing if they can whitelist your server IP.

if you had an account with a lookup provider registrar that offers the .nl TLD, e.g Logicboxes (resellerclub, resell.biz, netearthone etc), then that could be another option, but that might then cause problems with other TLDs that you want to sell.

Ah that makes sense. It indeed works when using another lookup provider. Thanks for your help!