jonium

Product with first year discount price

Hello,

I have the following need:

I must set the price of a product in order to be discounted only for the first year, how to do ?

With domains you can set the registration price and the renewal one, with products?

7 minutes ago, jonium said:

With domains you can set the registration price and the renewal one, with products?

you would use a Promotion Code to discount the first year one-time... so the user would be charged the discounted price for the first year (assuming it's an annual product) and full price for renewals of the service.

if it's a monthly product, then you would set the promotion to recur 11 times, and that would have the same effect as making the first 12 months discounted and full price after that.

Thanks Brian, I need the promotion code to be applied automatically, not by the user.

can you add the promo code to the product links ??

You can give links out to users that will automatically apply a certain promotion code to their order if it applies. To do that, simply use a link like the one below:

cart.php?promocode=TEST OR cart.php?a=add&pid=1&promocode=TEST

Both of the above will apply the promotion code "TEST" to the order. With the first link, the user can choose the package they want and with the second they are taken straight to step 2 of the order process with product id 1 selected.

Ok, I think this may be a solution.

Is there another way in order to have the official product price = the first year one ?

10 minutes ago, jonium said:

Is there another way in order to have the official product price = the first year one ?

do you mean visually? e.g the product is going to cost $100 in the first year, but $200 every year after that... and you want the initial price shown on the products page to show $100 ??

Ehhh, you're right :)) , it should be useless ...

But unfortunately on the market there are some concurrent company doing so...

25 minutes ago, jonium said:

But unfortunately on the market there are some concurrent company doing so...

using WHMCS?

off-hand, I can't think of a way to do it from settings... I suppose you could set the price at the discounted rate in the admin area as usual, and then use a OrderProductPricingOverride action hook to reset the recurring (renewal) price to the "full" price - but if there are multiple products & currencies to consider, that could get to be a lengthy solution.

15 hours ago, brian! said:

using WHMCS?

no.

Thanks anyway for your reply