meeven

Is the WHMCS project management addon any good?

I am already running WHMCS and am thinking of purchasing the project management addon. Ours is a small company handling virtual server setup and migration projects and we need a way to handle this in a proper manner, including integration with WHMCS support ticket system and invoicing.

We also need to do time tracking for our Block hour billing for server management.

Any idea if the project management addon fits the bill? I don't see too many enthusiastic reviews anywhere on the web, so it's difficult to know about the quality of the add-on. I would very much appreciate any feedback from the folks on this community that will help me take a decision.

It gets the job done. I used it like crazy for an entire year and it's fine. It's a bit old-school in some aspects but who cares?

24 minutes ago, meeven said:

I don't see too many enthusiastic reviews anywhere on the web

🤭 reviews... that place where people judge complex stuff after 5 minutes of use. Full of fake reviews and sponsored  honest ones. Not to mention star rating system and thumbs up/down that make absolutely no sense.

18 hours ago, meeven said:

I don't see too many enthusiastic reviews anywhere on the web

those reviews will possibly have been skewed by the fact that the addon wasn't updated for 4-5 years, so was effectively abandoned until the updates started a couple of years back.

having used it a bit recently on a friend's install, i'm not a huge fan of it... it's not bad, it's not great and so I can see why it often gets 2 & 3 star reviews.

it might be worth contacting sales via a ticket and checking if it's covered by the 30 day refund policy... if it is, you could try it and see if it suits your needs... there shouldn't be any need for an install, it's just a tweak to your license settings.

18 hours ago, Kian said:

It gets the job done. I used it like crazy for an entire year and it's fine. It's a bit old-school in some aspects but who cares?

Thanks for the feedback. My needs are modest, so I will probably give it a go.

7 minutes ago, brian! said:

those reviews will possibly have been skewed by the fact that the addon wasn't updated for 4-5 years, so was effectively abandoned until the updates started a couple of years back.

having used it a bit recently on a friend's install, i'm not a huge fan of it... it's not bad, it's not great and so I can see why it often gets 2 & 3 star reviews.

it might be worth contacting sales via a ticket and checking if it's covered by the 30 day refund policy... if it is, you could try it and see if it suits your needs... there shouldn't be any need for an install, it's just a tweak to your license settings.

Thanks very much. As I mentioned, my needs are modest. Contacting sales for a clarification about the refund policy is a great suggestion. And, I didn't know all it required was a tweak to my licence settings!

1 hour ago, meeven said:

And, I didn't know all it required was a tweak to my licence settings!

yeah, all the files are already there in /modules/addons/project_management, but its functionality will be disabled until the license is changed to enable the addon.

there are a few bugs with its widget on the homepage, but no doubt they'll get sorted in the fullness of time.