hkhost

Stripe "Uncaptured" Payments

It's not shocking that it's not fixed. It can be quite difficult to fix something that you don't have a lot of information about (like why it happens, how often it happens, for who it happens etc). I've been trying to compare our cases of this bug, and I have absolutely no idea why it happens - there's no common thread - and when I finally think I have found the common thread, there's a case that disproves my theory.

What actually is shocking is that, despite this thread being very active, WHMCS hasn't dropped by to say anything for a long while.

Bugs can be difficult to fix. Giving a written update about a specific bug isn't that difficult. Instead of gathering information through multiple tickets, maybe WHMCS should use this thread (or create a new thread) to gather all the info they could. Other users could then voice their own experiences.

Edited by DennisHermannsen

13 hours ago, DennisHermannsen said:

Bugs can be difficult to fix. Giving a written update about a specific bug isn't that difficult. Instead of gathering information through multiple tickets, maybe WHMCS should use this thread (or create a new thread) to gather all the info they could. Other users could then voice their own experiences.

Well they check everything because I give all login information I spent hrs with them and they find where is the bug 

Just now, wsa said:

Well they check everything because I give all login information I spent hrs with them and they find where is the bug 

But that doesn't mean that they know why the bug happens. They can't just fix something if they don't know why it happens.

12 hours ago, DennisHermannsen said:

But that doesn't mean that they know why the bug happens. They can't just fix something if they don't know why it happens.

Thank you for your very useful comments. We will continue waiting for this issue to be fixed. I guess 1 year is not enough time.

I don't think I asked to be misunderstood, but I guess people can't see beyond the tip of their own nose... Let me rephrase in bullet points:

• It's very annoying that this hasn't been fixed
  • This issue should have gotten more focus
  • WHMCS should have given a statement about this issue instead of handling everything through tickets

however:

• You can't just magically fix an issue without knowing why it happens
  • I tried comparing our cases, and there's no common thread for the issue

This what whmcs.com email me

After some further, in depth and detailed analysis, I have found one point of failure during the checkout.

It appears that the combination of having the TOS acceptance checkbox and the captcha, can cause the validation of the captcha to not be performed within the attempt to create the PaymentIntent over with Stripe. This happens when the user does not tick the TOS acceptance, then after it errors informing them of such, they do tick the TOS checkbox but don't complete the captcha challenge again (which has reloaded).

Essentially, an uncaptured transaction could show in Stripe, as a PaymentIntent is incorrectly created after the captcha is not completed following the failure to accept the TOS in the checkout.

I have reproduced that situation and opened up case MODULE-7478 with our development team to have this reviewed. Whilst I cannot provide an estimated time for completion for this, once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log, here:

I've found something different.

We started having a lot of uncaptured payments. All the uncaptured payments appeared twice in the Stripe Dashboard.
It was not until yesterday where multiple new clients contacted us that I knew why..

Apparantly, the MaxMind Fraud module is marking random orders as fraud. The orders' fraud score is way below what we have configured the module to mark fraud orders by.

Legit orders with a fraud score of 0.1 is being marked as fraud (when they should only be marked if the fraud score is 20+). All these orders is going to Uncaptured Payments in Stripe.

Is anyone seeing the same as we do?

I get that one time but this uncaptured payments alot time and whmcs could take a year they fix this like they did with mailchimp module take a year.

We have found that if a order is set to fraud by maxmind - the payment is still done on Stripe-  but is showing as uncaptured.

Seems to be an issue with Maxmind module? 

6 minutes ago, wsa said:

This what whmcs email me 

We have already turned off TOS acceptance checkbox and the captcha but still we get uncaptured payments .

for us - it looks like the maxmind module causing the issues.

btw we do not use maxmind

let see how long will this take for WHMCS to fix....

Using WHMCS V8.1.3 and would you believe it, the same error has not been resolved.

Stripe payment un-captured, the gateway log for Stripe Webhooks shows the Result as "Client Not Found". This is for a new client and new payment. Had to login to Stripe, capture the payment then manually add the transaction in WHMCS.

--------

Another issue was with a PayPal payment for a new client, not automatically marked as paid even though it went through with PayPal. Had to manually add the transaction.

The result for PayPal showed as "Subscription Created: No invoice found".

stripe.png

paypal.png

I'm still getting this error on 8.1.3. Does anyone have a fix? I'm using stock themes and still getting this issue.

Does anyone have a work around? Incredible frustrating to have to manually capture the payment in stripe and fulfil the order manually.

yes sometime I get also and they want more money of whmcs but they can not fix all this old bugs that peoples report a year ago 

Add us to the list of users seeing this issue in 8.13. Just had a PO'd client get in touch with us because he "paid" us for an order that we had no record of.

15 hours ago, D9Hosting said:

Add us to the list of users seeing this issue in 8.13. Just had a PO'd client get in touch with us because he "paid" us for an order that we had no record of.

Ouch - This is really awful! A billing software that cannot bill people! 😂 You would think staff would be all over this, Even with platitudes to make people think it's getting attention! 

We've got one client who is managing to trigger this error every time he orders something yet it looks to be fine for everyone else. The error he is getting is related to the capatcha on the checkout page (using invisible recapatcha) so for now I've just disabled the capatcha for that page.

image002.png