mfoland

Adding License Check in Function

Question

Hello,

I'm working on an Addon Module to store a License Key for an addon. I can have it verify the get the license key from the table.. but what I'm trying to do is figure out how to put a check_license within this:

class License extends Model {

/** @var string $table The table in which the addon settings are stored. (mod_mylicensetable) */
    protected $table = 'mod_squareLicensing';
	//protected function results($results);
	private	$vString = "16da9d4d6fc1e1ec25ce622d59d3d34e2b147bed894296693492985d85d27868";

}
	$Licensedata = License::where('id', '1')->first(

As such, I can get my License data as expected, however, within the Addon Module itself -- to ideally get everything, the check needs to be inside the Class. I'd like to do something like 

function verify_license {
//--get information from original license call and do our actions for invalid or active
}

Can someone give me guidance? I'm new working with Laravel. I know how to do a license call with the default check_sample.php and have adapted that as needed, and have built upon it.. but working with the classes are new to me. Any help and pointers would be greatly appreciated 🙂

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Stathinho
      Hello,
      I am trying to create a hook for adding a new element in sidebar. I have created the hook.

add_hook('ClientAreaPrimarySidebar', 1, function($primarySidebar) { /* @var \WHMCS\View\Menu\Item $primarySidebar */ $newMenu = $primarySidebar->addChild( 'accountmanager', array( 'name' => 'Home', 'label' => Lang::trans('account_manager'), 'order' => 1, 'icon' => 'fas fa-life-ring', ) ); $newMenu->addChild( 'accountmanager', array( 'label' => Lang::trans('account_manager_label'), ) ); }); I am trying somehow to get the userid, and assign it to a variable. And is it possible to be used in translations?
      I tried with this one here but it's not working:
      $variable = $template->getVariable('variablename')->value;
      $template->assign('variablename ', 'variable');
    • By Grizzlyware Josh
      Hi all,
      Grizzlyware has just released Ranger for WHMCS, which will allow you to generate, manage and distribute license keys for software that you sell, via WHMCS. It's much like the WHMCS 'Licensing' module, however it has only just been released, so while it's fully functional and full featured, there is more to be added.
      We built Ranger to satisfy our own needs, it's open source and allows developers to license their software in the field. This is a WHMCS module which uses the Ranger framework. You can of course use the Ranger library on its own if you prefer. The module is bundled with email templates too.
      It's free - There is no charge for this module or the Ranger framework, all of the source code is available online as well as a packaged up WHMCS module.
      More information can be found here: https://www.grizzlyware.com/apps/whmcs/ranger/
      We will have more WHMCS modules coming out in the not too distant future too.  With that said, we just released 'Email Catcher' which scans your ticket replies for mismatched client email addresses (so you don't send an email address to the wrong client).
      Any questions or confusion, please give me a shout.
      Thank you,
      Josh
    • By mfoland
      Hello, 
      I got to thinking.. For the license module, if you have different license tiers, and want to offer auto upgrades.. Could you make a page like this: https://www.whmcs.com/members/autoupgrade.php 
      With using bootstrap like that.. I know it's possible, but does this somehow manage a custom field within WHMCS? I've always thought about that! I'd love to know your thoughts, as I'd love to build something like it!