Logicmaker Softwares

Replacing credit card form with own custom page

Hello @WHMCS John,

As we checked, it seems that modulename_remoteInputWithTemplate & modulename_remoteUpdateWithTemplate functions support get removed from credit card form page in latest released version 7.8.x

We had a custom payment gateway module which is using our own custom credit card form template file instead of default one creditcard.tpl, similar like ewaytokens module is working. But, ewaytokens module files structure is also get changed in recent versions.

Can you please confirm if this functions are permanently removed from latest versions and advice us on priority what is the best alternative to use custom creditcard form page to accept card details.

For reference, existing topic :

Suggestions appreciated from anyone else.

Thanks & Regards,

Logicmaker

Is it your understanding that the xxx_remoteinput() family of functions have stopped working?  My understanding was that they remained working, though there is now very little documentation on them (though if you search, you can find enough to use them, and I've collated what little I've found).

I have a similar but related problem in that I need a hook to connect with the admin-side credit card update so that can be done (a) securely, and (b) reflected in the tokenization side properly.  The problem with the new vendor card processing implementations is that they usually host the credit card entry on their site and pass back a token for access.  This means the _storeremote() approach is insufficient, as we need to replace the credit card entry form with one that interacts correctly with the card provider.  If an example helps, this is how Stripe Elements works, or eWay Transparent Redirect or iFrames.  These do work now, apparently, so there must be some solution available.  Keen to get the new era of PCI-DSS compliant payment gateway working.

My initial question was misread by support (YXV-779143 )  but I'm hoping they'll take it a little more seriously (and actually read it) after my reply.

Apologies for the persistence, but the current state of play means that it is completely impossible to make a modern card processing gateway work securely within WHMCS using any documented method.   I've chcked the Tokenisation developer pages, and they don't provide this information (they document _storeremote(), which is the old way of doing things and is not PCI-DSS compliant). 

Cheers,

Brian

Edited by brianoz

14 hours ago, brianoz said:

Is it your understanding that the xxx_remoteinput() family of functions have stopped working?  My understanding was that they remained working, though there is now very little documentation on them (though if you search, you can find enough to use them, and I've collated what little I've found).

I have a similar but related problem in that I need a hook to connect with the admin-side credit card update so that can be done (a) securely, and (b) reflected in the tokenization side properly.  The problem with the new vendor card processing implementations is that they usually host the credit card entry on their site and pass back a token for access.  This means the _storeremote() approach is insufficient, as we need to replace the credit card entry form with one that interacts correctly with the card provider.  If an example helps, this is how Stripe Elements works, or eWay Transparent Redirect or iFrames.  These do work now, apparently, so there must be some solution available.  Keen to get the new era of PCI-DSS compliant payment gateway working.

My initial question was misread by support (YXV-779143 )  but I'm hoping they'll take it a little more seriously (and actually read it) after my reply.

Apologies for the persistence, but the current state of play means that it is completely impossible to make a modern card processing gateway work securely within WHMCS using any documented method.   I've chcked the Tokenisation developer pages, and they don't provide this information (they document _storeremote(), which is the old way of doing things and is not PCI-DSS compliant). 

Cheers,

Brian

Thanks @brianoz for your reply.

We are not talking about xxx_remoteinput() family of functions. There were 2 more functions supported in payment gateway modules like modulename_remoteInputWithTemplate & modulename_remoteUpdateWithTemplate, which supports custom template file for payment gateway card forms.

As we seen in latest version 7.8+, the structure of ewaytokens gateway files get changed and custom template file gets removed. So, we doubt that the support for this functions get removed. @WHMCS John can you please confirm about this change as your change log documentation is really poor for developers.

Also, we understand that the tokenization way provided by many gateways now-a-days as you explained here requires lot of customizations. For that, we need custom credit card form (both at client side and admin side) to manage the html and javascript code as per gateway requirements without losing PCI-DSS compliant.

Let us know if WHMCS Support Team or anyone else having better workaround for this.

Thanks & Regards,

Logicmaker

Hi,

You've misunderstood;  when I said "_remoteinput family" of course I meant all of those functions - _remoteinput, _remoteupdate, _remoteInputWithTemplate, etc, hence "family" 🙂

Well, let's see what info we get.  It's also about knowing what's intended; what's confusing is the removal of core functionality without any sort of direction as to what's happening.

The entire payment industry direction is towards entry of cards at a central site, and that's what we need to support, both in admin and client sides of WHMCS.  The difference in terms of PCI-DSS is a 14 item certification questionnaire vs a 312 item one!

Thanks,

Brian

Hello @WHMCS John & Team,

Have you got some time to read our issue? 

We just want to confirm about changes in latest release and alternative workaround for the said problem. 

Appreciate your kind support and help.

Could anyone else help us to find the solution for this.

Thanks & Regards,

Logicmaker

Hi all,

I'm pleased to advise that the sample remote input gateway module development kit has been published in preparation for the forthcoming 7.9.0 GA release:

https://github.com/WHMCS/sample-remote-input-gateway

The code in this sample requires some product changes in the forthcoming release, so won't operate with 7.9.0-RC.1 or earlier.

The accompanying documentation is located at: https://developers.whmcs.com/payment-gateways/remote-input-gateway/

Edited by WHMCS John
Added documentation link

On 18/12/2019 at 9:27 PM, WHMCS John said:

Hi all,

I'm pleased to advise that the sample remote input gateway module development kit has been published in preparation for the forthcoming 7.9.0 GA release:

https://github.com/WHMCS/sample-remote-input-gateway

The code in this sample requires some product changes in the forthcoming release, so won't operate with 7.9.0-RC.1 or earlier.

The accompanying documentation is located at: https://developers.whmcs.com/payment-gateways/remote-input-gateway/

Hello John,

Thanks for giving some time to comment on this!

This are the already known/available functions, was used in many existing gateway modules. It only supports HTML/JavaScript inside gateway functions itself and not supports any custom template file. Any specific comment on this from your side?

BTW, will give a look and see whether it is really useful or not.

Thanks & Regards,

Logicmaker

On 12/18/2019 at 4:57 PM, WHMCS John said:

Just to be clear: It doesn't work with 7.9.0-RC.1?

That's correct @DennisHermannsen; in writing this documentation we identified some areas for refinement, so have rolled those into our next release (7.9-GA).

The developer documentation is available as a head-start in advance of that release.

At this time we do not intend to publish developer documentation detailing functionality in earlier versions.