Overage invoices sent to every customer

Damo

On 10/2/2019 at 9:28 PM, brian! said:

of the three, i'm inclined to think it is the latter

The silence from WHMCS on these issues is telling. Support staff are responding to other posts but these payments ones are quiet at the moment. 

Would be good to get some kind of official  acknowledgement. 

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @benduick,

I'm sorry to hear you encountered an overage invoicing problem. I'd expect this to be possible only on installations currently running 7.8.0 - 7.8.2, created in version 5.0 or earlier, where soft limits are set to 0 for products which have not been saved since version 5.1.

Does this sound like your case? Which version of WHMCS were you running at the time of invoice generation please?

Can you please share your support Ticket ID so I can review the situation in more detail?

Hi all,

This is the answer received by WHMCS... I dit what they said, hope it will correct the problem! Still, never had the issue before.... 😞
Hope it helps some though!

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for contacting WHMCS support. I see that you are having billing issues on your WHMCS install.

I checked the activity log and tried to review a random incorrect invoice (invoice #xxx, Client xxproduct-overage.thumb.JPG.fbbf5ea0088acc21385bb711932e648f.JPG). It appears to be an Overage invoice. Overage invoices are scheduled to be generated at the last day of the month, for the bandwidth and disk over usage for the entire month. The product in the client account (xxxx) appears to be configured incorrectly as shown in the attached screenshot. As you can see in the screenshot, Overage Billing is enabled for the product and the limits are set to 0 for both Disk and Bandwidth. So the system generated the overage invoice for their current disk/bw usage as per the rates specified in the screenshot.

Please check all products (including this one) and disable overage billing to prevent any more such invoices.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,

--
Sachin
Technical Analyst I
WHMCS, Ltd.
www.whmcs.com

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...