supporttickets custom view filter for two (or more) types of ticket statuses

cdeese8

How do I display / filter tickets using an URL? I would like to customize the admin template with a custom filter so I don't have and could skip the Support Tickets >> Search/Filter module.

What can I type into address bar, to display both answered and open tickets?

does not work = whmcs.website/supporttickets.php?view=answered&view=open
does work = whmcs.website/supporttickets.php?view=answered

I'd prefer to not use the ?view=any URL parameter 😝

I don't see anything in the docs, maybe you know of a way?

10 hours ago, cdeese8 said:

What can I type into address bar, to display both answered and open tickets?

there's a multi_view option - needless to say it's use is completely undocumented, but logically it should work like this...

supporttickets.php?multi_view[]=open&multi_view[]=answered

if you want to throw In Progress into the mix, then it's...

supporttickets.php?multi_view[]=open&multi_view[]=closed&multi_view[]=in progress

maybe on some servers, you'll need to use %20 instead of the space in that url...

also, if you check the filter code in the browser, there's a multi_dept_id option too - so for multiple departments...

supporttickets.php?multi_dept_id[]=1&multi_dept_id[]=3

and of course they can all be combined, along with the other filter fields mentioned in the thread above to create a specific filter that you can bookmark for your own use. 🙂

logically, I suspect that you can't use view & multi_view together, but you should never really need to - just use multi_view[] for multiple statuses and view when there is only one status.

A most excellent, and detailed reply from our savior brian!

thank you very much! yea... i was just hoping really, to have a "multi view" for everything other than closed. hahaha THANKS AGAIN for the detailed reply!! :)

i ended up using supporttickets.php?multi_view[]=open&multi_view[]=answered&multi_view[]=in%20progress&multi_view[]=on%20hold&multi_view[]=customer-reply Edited by cdeese8

one other possibly simpler solution, which I initially dismissed as I thought you must have ruled it out (as you included the link to the specific docs page), but if you wanted to show multiple statuses by default when you first go to the tickets page, you could assign them to the "Include in Awaiting Reply" list of statuses.

Include in Awaiting Reply - Ticking this box includes the status in the tickets considered as awaiting a reply by staff

obviously, if you want the default statuses to remain just Open & Customer-Reply, you can leave the status page as is and use the above multi_view method for specific filters that you want to bookmark.

2018-09-05_14-09-50-98219e55-808a-48a3-8