Registration after Payment and order?

sonuyos

1 minute ago, sonuyos said:

And now trying to setup a hook that would send mail to users to remind them to complete registration 1 hour after registration.

if you had said 1 *day* after registration, i'd have said to use the Email Marketer - for it to run an hour after registration, that sounds more like a cron job hook using SendEmail API (and that's assuming that your cron is running more than once per day).

1 minute ago, brian! said:

if you had said 1 *day* after registration, i'd have said to use the Email Marketer - for it to run an hour after registration, that sounds more like a cron job hook using SendEmail API (and that's assuming that your cron is running more than once per day).

I am already looking into SendEmail API 🙂

4 hours ago, sonuyos said:

Problem is gonna be that it is just gonna keep sending mails till they do it, every hour, so i guess doing it once a day would be better option.

well you could code it so that it only occurred once, but I would agree that using the marketer would be simpler... surely completing the details can't be so urgent it needs to be done in an hour?

5 hours ago, brian! said:

well you could code it so that it only occurred once, but I would agree that using the marketer would be simpler... surely completing the details can't be so urgent it needs to be done in an hour?

With that, the problem is how would  it differentiate between the clients who did register or not.

I was thinking to setup the hook with the first code you provided and replace it with SENDMAIL API, but i cannot set it up on random timing.

6 hours ago, sonuyos said:

With that, the problem is how would  it differentiate between the clients who did register or not.

not sure I follow... either they registered (via registration or ordering) or they didn't (and if they didn't, they ain't clients!). 🙂

seriously though I don't think it matters... if the client account was created yesterday, but they have no orders, then they registered (or an admin did it)... if they have orders, then they came via the cart (or again, an admin did it)

6 hours ago, sonuyos said:

I was thinking to setup the hook with the first code you provided and replace it with SENDMAIL API, but i cannot set it up on random timing.

that wouldn't really work in that those hooks depend on that client being logged in - they won't be when the cron is running, so any hook would have to query the database for those client details.

one thought about using the marketer is that it won't be able to determine whether a client has completed their details or not (which perhaps is what you were referring to in your first point?).... the workaround to that is that the marketer uses General Type email templates, in which you will have access to the client details within the template itself.

so what I would do would be to setup the email template to cover both whether they have completed their details or not, e.g if they haven't done so, tell them to do it... if they have completed them, then thank them for doing so.

let's say we want to check if address1 or city are empty...

Dear {$client_name},

{if $client_address1 eq "" or $client_city eq ""}
Please complete your client details.
{else}
Thank you for completing your personal details.
{/if}

{$signature}

if you're only checking for 6 values to be empty, then you could use multiple ORs (E.g expand the above or statement) - you should even be able to use empty & in_array without falling foul of the Smarty Security Policy.

don't forget that the marketer only runs once per day, so it's entirely possible that the client might get an email after an hour or two depending on when the registered and when the daily cron runs.

personally, I think that i'd be inclined to run the marketer for this - maybe mention completing these details in the client signup email and/or order confirmation and then after 24/48 hours, get the marketer to run to either remind them to complete, or thank them for doing so.