zetaone

Isn'T Time To Replace Mailchimp?

Now that MailChimp has started offering web hosting in the guise of drag-and-drop site builders and domain registration, shouldn't WHMCS give us another way to automate emails?

Isn't time WHMCS give us either Zendesk (which has all the triggers one need) or Zapier to complete automation?

12 hours ago, zetaone said:

MailChimp has started offering web hosting in the guise of drag-and-drop site builders and domain registration

I'm not seeing that. Is there a link?

when are they starting offer hosting?

29 minutes ago, Jafar Muhammed said:

They became an all-in-one Marketing Platform recently, but not sure if they are eying on hosting and domain business.

From that page:

constantly improving our platform and building new features along the way. (Have you heard...landing pages are here and websites are on the way?)

Looks like hosting (or design?), at least. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ModulesGarden
      1. MetricsCube – business analysis tool with full WHMCS integration
      To stand a chance in the competition-ruled web hosting industry, you need clever tactics. It has always been obvious, but not always as achievable as it is now, thanks to the recent launch of MetricsCube.
      40 business reports on most often analyzed factors like billing, churn, MRR, ARPU, LTV? Intelligent dashboard with dynamic statistics? Fully-fledged WHMCS integration and many more on the agenda? MetricsCube may look and feel like a fairly simple tool, but it is capable of performing even most complex data analysis operations with minimum involvement on your part! 
      What is there to wait for? Claim the one-off discount exclusively from ModulesGarden and spend 20% less on MetricsCube for entire 3 months!
      Code: WHMCS20%_MC 
      Delve into the world of easy metrics and flexible reports with MetricsCube!

2. Zendesk For WHMCS 2.1.0.
      This extra handy customer service tool just had the list of its utilities fairly expanded with the much awaited WHMCS "Contact Us" feature. What it does is to basically forward all tickets submitted by visitors to the previously set Zendesk department directly. 
      It really is as easy and convenient as it sounds. See for yourself, giving our updated changelog a closer study!
      Find out more about Zendesk For WHMCS 2.1.0!

3. EURid Registrar For WHMCS 1.2.0
      Curious to know what this past week brought to EURid Registrar For WHMCS? A wider set of admin utilities, that is for certain! 
      Among other things, you will be now authorized to request the deletion of your clients’ domains at any moment, or configure the module to let expired domains be removed automatically after specified number of days. 
      Willing to know more? 
      Learn more about EURid Registrar For WHMCS 1.2.0!

4. Since last week we have also released:
      Product Linker For WHMCS - 1.3.7 Plesk Extended For WHMCS - 3.0.4 Quotes Automation For WHMCS - 1.2.8
      Need Custom Software Development For Your Business?
      Get Your Free Quote Now!
      Specially for you we will adapt an application and its design to your own needs, create a new module or even a completely new system built from scratch!
    • By WebsiteIntegrations
      Hello
      I've noticed that in 7.5.1 (not sure about other versions as i never tested it in the past) that when someone unsubscribes from marketing emails that it does not remove them from the email list in mailchimp.
      In the module log it sends this to mailchimp
      [opt_in_status] =>
      when originally subscribing it sends
      [opt_in_status] => 1
      so how would it know a blank command means unsubscribe? Should it not send
      [opt_in_status] => 0
      I've heard from other users of whmcs who confirm this issue with me as well.
      I would think that its important (especially with GDPR now in effect) that when someone clicks to no longer get emails that it actually takes them off the list.
    • By ModulesGarden
      1. You do not need supernatural skills to make clients crowd around on your company's doorstep. The visionary ticket system we have tuned up with a series of powerful mechanisms a few moments ago will assist you on the road to excellent customer service just fine! Ladies and gentlemen, welcome the new Zendesk For WHMCS 2.0!

Let the facts speak for themselves!
      Dazzle your audience with the modernistic framework fired by new lines of code. Spare your clients the trouble of manually selecting the target department if there is only one available while opening a new ticket. Display emojis in the ticket view. Determine to which department your exported tickets will be directed. Address your clients′ needs even more swiftly thanks to the freshly introduced support for the′Client Services′ field.
      Already impatient to put these bits and pieces to the test? We expect nothing less! Go carefully through the full changelog and open up for a whole new set of business prospects!

Grow smarter with Zendesk For WHMCS 2.0!

2. EasyDCIM v1.4.3 has finally come to light with the entirely novel section for colocation management now available in the admin area. More good news - from this moment on you will also be able to easily monitor the power usage of your colocation and PDU devices as well as preview the total current and past traffic aggregation. Find out all possibilities this momentous version can pour into your data center!

3. See what's on the list of the latest releases:
      MSPControl Extended For WHMCS - v1.0.5 Enom Email For WHMCS - v1.3.2 NIC IT Registrar For WHMCS - v1.1.8 SolidCP Extended For WHMCS - v1.0.4 CRM For WHMCS - v2.4.3 Jelastic PaaS For WHMCS - v2.0.6

Need Custom Software Development For Your Business?
      Get Your Free Quote Now! Specially for you we will adapt an application and its design to your own needs, create a new module or even a completely new system built from scratch!
    • By garybarr
      Maybe I'm wanting too much, maybe I'm doing something wrong, or maybe I found a glitch nobody thought of...
      But when a client has a change of email address,  it sends an update to MailChimp, which is bounced back.  (Added Module Debug Log below)
      If a customer checks "Don't Send client marketing emails", saves it... Changes their email and then unchecks it... It would work.  But what client would know to do that?  So if their email address ever changes, they will never be able to get emailed again...without a lot of manual interaction after someone either complains or just would happen to know they changed it.
      Ideas or thoughts?

==============================================================================
      REQUEST:
      Array (     [id] => cust-11984     [email_address] => dcspamproof1@gmail.com     [opt_in_status] => 1     [company] =>      [first_name] => Test     [last_name] => User     [orders_count] => 0     [total_spent] => 0     [address] => Array         (             [address1] =>              [address2] =>              [city] =>              [province] =>              [postal_code] =>              [country] =>              [country_code] => US         ) ) ==============================================================================
      RESPONSE:
      Array (     [type] => http://developer.mailchimp.com/documentation/mailchimp/guides/error-glossary/     [title] => Invalid Resource     [status] => 400     [detail] => An email address may not be changed once a customer is created.     [instance] => a1e12c27-ff1c-499f-96bf-cb1e8cdc8942 )  
    • By sgonzalez
      Hi, I have been testing the mailchieenmp integration. and I found 2 issues.

1) If by mistake you dont create a list right after you setup the mailchimp API key, you wont be able to do it after... There  MUST be an option to create a list after the API key has been saved. I had this problem and I was forced to disconnect the mailchimp connection and make it again to be able to add a list.

2) When I try to add the list , I receive this error.. Any idea?

type - Schema describes string, NULL found instead vendor - Schema describes string, NULL found instead

Thanks!