dotScot Domains

Customise support ticket email 'from' name

Hi folks,

Our web hosting service will be operating under the brand 'dotScot Web Hosting' (it took us weeks to come up with that 😂), so I've been customising all appropriate areas to reflect our brand name instead of our company name.

After changing all of the 'from' names in the email templates section, I've noticed that the autoresponder and ticket update emails are coming through as {Company Name} {Support Dept} (eg dotScot Domains Sales). Would someone be able to point me to where I could change the sender name for these messages?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Cheers,
Robert @ dotScot

33 minutes ago, NadalKumar said:

Those values would be defined in Setup > General Settings

Hi Nadal, all I'm seeing is an option for company name. If I change that it'll affect everywhere that uses that (such as copyright lines) where I need the company name (as opposed to the brand name) to be.

Is it that you've added place holders {Company Name} {Support Dept} to the field as shown in the screen capture? It's likely that field does not support shortcode conversion so you will need to enter literal text.

email-template.jpg.27360cef1954440929a982ec8a4b9598.jpg

3 hours ago, NadalKumar said:

Is it that you've added place holders {Company Name} {Support Dept} to the field as shown in the screen capture? It's likely that field does not support shortcode conversion so you will need to enter literal text.

email-template.jpg.27360cef1954440929a982ec8a4b9598.jpg

I’ve put the literal value in the first field. The second field was pre-populated with the email address I put in general settings. There doesn’t appear to be any email templates which matches the messages I’m trying to adjust.

You may need to submit a ticket to support dept. Just be clear on what you need to achieve and what you've tried.

I've found that updating the 'company name' to the trading name and altering the copyright lines in the templates and email footer was the easiest way forward 🙂