What just happen to WHMCS

yggdrasil

20 hours ago, ministoreonline said:

Heyy

I am facing issue in installing a SSL. i am buying ssl to another sites and my domain and hosting provider is other site. i am facing regarding Private key error..how can i solve it

Regards

ministoreonline

Your hosting provider or the company that sold you the SSL should be the one giving you support in that regard. That is a server administration task so the person that manages your server is the one that should be installing the correct key for your certificate.

Edited by yggdrasil

On 4/25/2019 at 11:18 AM, ministoreonline said:

yaa i am generating many time private key for domain c panel, and showing another ip during generating a private key.

My server ip is different and my generating time ip is different...how can i solve it.

Why do you think this is related to WHMCS? I think you are in the wrong community. You should contact your server administrators for server administration tasks.

Edited by yggdrasil

Every commercial software tend to include advertising. Windows systems keep pushing Mcaffee or Norton and I can't seem to uninstall them so I had to write a .bat to alter the registry on each new machine.

The same is true with WHMCS. I support their right to include promotions in the admin. They do provide methods to remove or disable the displays with either an addon using the head output hook to insert javascript and css that would remove anything. Otherwise one could create a duplicate of an admin template and do the same coding to remove objects.

add_hook('AdminAreaHeadOutput', 1, function($vars)
{

return $css . $javascript

}

The file count and overall file size of the platform are primarily due to vendor files which serves various functions. Maybe in time WHMCS will develop the functions which those third-party vendors do and no longer need so many files, some which may not be in use. Heck I used Codemirror library for a project and it had so many plugins and themes that would never be used, that I had to spend a few hours to whittle the package down to a few needed files.

The method to disable the Market Connect widget is at the top right corner as shown in this image.

disable-widgets.jpg.7772a24400f9f9b17dd7bed9ec8e1c7a.jpg

2 hours ago, NadalKumar said:

Windows systems keep pushing Mcaffee or Norton

To be fair, that's the company selling the PC, not Windows themselves. 
As for removing those, I'd never had trouble myself, but I've yet to do a Windows 10 PC. 😉

2 hours ago, bear said:

To be fair, that's the company selling the PC, not Windows themselves.

True, however it's in the same context of the thread. A hardware or software owner has paid for the item but subjected to built in advertising. It's always been that way and it's their right to do so.

The way it used to be, way back when, was a software seller would include third party products to lower the cost to consumers. Keep the selling price low and make up that "loss" with paid inclusions. That's certainly not the case with WHMCS. They increased pricing *and* added in things to generate even more, while burdening us with unremovable things; ones that take up resources and cause problems. A lot less fair, and why many of us are upset. The choice not to include/install these elements rather than hide them (I'm looking at you, useless SSL check) would go a long way to mending this rift.

19 hours ago, NadalKumar said:

Every commercial software tend to include advertising. Windows systems keep pushing Mcaffee or Norton and I can't seem to uninstall them so I had to write a .bat to alter the registry on each new machine.

The same is true with WHMCS. I support their right to include promotions in the admin. They do provide methods to remove or disable the displays with either an addon using the head output hook to insert javascript and css that would remove anything. Otherwise one could create a duplicate of an admin template and do the same coding to remove objects.

add_hook('AdminAreaHeadOutput', 1, function($vars)
{

return $css . $javascript

}

The file count and overall file size of the platform are primarily due to vendor files which serves various functions. Maybe in time WHMCS will develop the functions which those third-party vendors do and no longer need so many files, some which may not be in use. Heck I used Codemirror library for a project and it had so many plugins and themes that would never be used, that I had to spend a few hours to whittle the package down to a few needed files.

The method to disable the Market Connect widget is at the top right corner as shown in this image.

disable-widgets.jpg.7772a24400f9f9b17dd7bed9ec8e1c7a.jpg

No they don't. That is the OEM installing extra things. Also, you are comparing a Windows Home license to a company selling to other companies over consumers. You don't get crap with Windows Enterprise, neither you get ads from other email companies if you go to the Exchange console. So what you said is not true. Not one company does this in the enterprise/business market. Advertising other companies in your business software. You seem to forget WHMCS is targeting companies, or service providers. Its not a software you install at home to play around. While it's a budget software the main market is still B2B (business to business).

14 hours ago, NadalKumar said:

True, however it's in the same context of the thread. A hardware or software owner has paid for the item but subjected to built in advertising. It's always been that way and it's their right to do so.

That is just completely false. I own plenty of softwares and hardware and nobody does this. If Cisco or Ubiquity put ads inside your admin control panels for their routers or switches they would get sued. I never saw ads in the admin console of any hardware, and I also use tons of software running servers and on my own workstation and I cannot come up with a single one that does this. Why are you defending someone putting ads inside a paid software? I did not agree to this when I purchased the software and license agreement. This is not normal and you try to pretend it is.

Edited by yggdrasil

Just now, EvolveWebHosting said:

I don't think all of this is going to get WHMCS to change their ways.

I doubt a thousand users voting against a feature would make them change their mind if they're determined to carry on down this road... only when enough users vote with their feet, will they think again.... by which time... ⚰️

2 minutes ago, EvolveWebHosting said:

I don't think all of this is going to get WHMCS to change their ways. It's their software and their direction of business. There are ways to hide it so you don't see it every time you log in and there are other billing software options out there if you wanted to move.

Agree and this is exactly why I'm planning on migrating out. Its their software, not ours. Tomorrow they can just remove everything or deactivate a license because of a bug and there you go...I need stability, and someone that is open and willing to work with their users not just do what ever they want because its their software. We rely on the software and that is the concerning now. The future of WHMCS is not looking great, I certainly don't like what its becoming. When a software is giving you more and more issues, at one point its not solving you any problems but becoming one.

6 minutes ago, brian! said:

I doubt a thousand users voting against a feature would make them change their mind if they're determined to carry on down this road... only when enough users vote with their feet, will they think again.... by which time... ⚰️

The more users leave, the more they are going to rely on tactics to make up for the extra renueve lost. I suspect increasing pricing, limiting licenses to number of customers, pushing MarketConnect are the result of already losing active installations.

Edited by yggdrasil

5 hours ago, Jafar Muhammed said:

That tactic is bad. It should be the other way.

The more customers leave then they should start thinking about the reason and give us a solution, which WHMCS did not do.

The company is broken, they are never going to change. Your only option is to move and next time choose a product that is open code. I will never make the Ioncube mistake again.

Edited by yggdrasil