[Locked]Stripe 3D Secure

Just now, sonuyos said:

Its not about that, its about losing clients, getting stolen credit card orders and no liability shift without 3DS.

even if it's released in the next 5 minutes, it's going to be in beta for the best part of a month... and you should never use a beta on a live installation as it will be bugged.

Just now, brian! said:

even if it's released in the next 5 minutes, it's going to be in beta for the best part of a month... and you should never use a beta on a live installation as it will be bugged.

I can just take stripe module out of it, even if i do not go full out over it. Plus, thats more of a reason to release soon, so we get final version too.

13 minutes ago, sonuyos said:

Atleast just release the Stripe Module with 3Ds.

Yes, having this module updated at least will feed my hunger a lot. I can wait for six more months to get 7.8/8+ if I have an updated Stripe module as a standalone and quick delivery from WHMCS by now.

1 minute ago, Jafar Muhammed said:

Yes, having this module updated at least will feed my hunger a lot. I can wait for six more months to get 7.8/8+ if I have an updated Stripe module as a standalone and quick delivery from WHMCS by now.

Ditto.

All we need is that damn plugin, worse part is, we cannot even get it made outside, becuase the version is gonna be released soon, and it wont justify it making when its almost ready and already in beta acc to LTS page.

10 minutes ago, sonuyos said:

we cannot even get it made outside, becuase the version is gonna be released soon

This is the primary reason the developers whom I approached said as a reason to not start the project.

Having an official plugin which would release anytime soon will make the custom-plugin would make it genuinely useless.

Just now, Jafar Muhammed said:

This is the primary reason the developers whom I approached said as a reason to not start the project.

Having an official plugin which would release anytime soon will make the custom-plugin would make it genuinely useless.

I really wish they just give us the plugin.

5 hours ago, Jafar Muhammed said:

they said they do not have intentions of releasing this module as a standalone and it will be part of v7.8

which makes sense, because there may well be template/js/css or other core file changes outside of the module that would be required for it to work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Jafar Muhammed The team are working hard on getting 7.8 ready for beta, as I'm sure you can appreciate there's a couple of chunky key features in 7.8 that we need to get right, even for beta.  Some people will undoubtedly upgrade there production instance to the beta version of 7.8

I'd love to give you an exact date for the release, but I can't all I can say is the age old it's coming!

7 minutes ago, Jafar Muhammed said:

I don't know if WHMCS is busy with making a feature to sync accounts with cPanel, if they are doing that and pausing 7.8, then no idea what will happen.

Please don't speculate that we are pausing work on the 7.8 beta @Jafar Muhammed, this is not correct, nor is not constructive or helpful to the ongoing discussion 

Hello @WHMCS ChrisD

I too wish to start using the Beta in production, but I am worried about the bugs WHMCS usually ships with Beta. 

My speculation is based on the recent incidents and announcements around cPanel's new pricing model. 

My potential business push is lowered due to this 3DS compatibility. 

I know you guys are working hard, and I am so excited to get the new Stripe as fast as possible. 

1 hour ago, Jafar Muhammed said:

I too wish to start using the Beta in production, but I am worried about the bugs WHMCS usually ships with Beta.  

I know you're going to ignore this, but you really should not use a beta in any production setting, nor even a release candidate - and arguably not even the first GA release either.

they will all contain bugs to varying degrees, so even if in the first beta, the dev team somehow manage to produce a 100% bug-free stripe module, there are almost certainly going to be bugs elsewhere, or features that you are happily using now removed or changed - anyone of which might have a greater impact on your business than having to wait a few weeks for an updated Stripe module.

2 hours ago, Jafar Muhammed said:

My speculation is based on the recent incidents and announcements around cPanel's new pricing model. 

as Chris says, they'll be irrelevant to v7.8

3 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

I'd love to give you an exact date for the release, but I can't all I can say is the age old it's coming!

many years ago, and I suspect i'm thinking 2014 or '15, WHMCS used to do that you know, e.g give users advanced notice when a  new version was being released.... of course, that inevitably ended up with users posting on the WHMCS Facebook page, at 00:01 (their local time) on the day of release, demanding to know why the download was not yet available. 🙄

i've always thought that users should be given advanced notice when GA's are released (if only to give developers a heads-up to plan their time accordingly), but WHMCS have a regular habit of adding new untested features after the final release candidate and in the GA release, so I consider the first GA release to effectively still be a beta... and therefore to be treated with caution. ⚠️

3 hours ago, brian! said:

I know you're going to ignore this

In reality, I can't even think about using Beta because Softaculous won't release a Beta version.

I tried many times, but without Softaculous, I failed to update WHMCS every time, even by using the Update WHMCS utility.

7 minutes ago, Jafar Muhammed said:

In reality, I can't even think about using Beta because Softaculous won't release a Beta version.

you can't imagine the number of threads & PM's i've replied to of users installing WHMCS via Softaculous and it causing issues down the road - but if it's working for you, then that's all good. 🙂

10 minutes ago, Jafar Muhammed said:

I tried many times, but without Softaculous, I failed to update WHMCS every time, even by using the Update WHMCS utility.

I assume that you don't get your license direct from WHMCS and therefore can't download betas from download.whmcs.com and install/update manually?