Kayako WHMCS integration

churchmedic

but is kayako or whatever worth the price?

I Think not!

Been waiting for the stable version with working WHMCS intergration for months now and just seem to be getting told "Next Week"

If you don't need the live chat part stick with what WHMCS has to offer. I would but i've paid for kayako support on the 20th DEC with the promise of a working stable version by the end of the year. We are now in Feb and still no real sign of it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After about 2 months or so of using kayako integrated with whmcs i have decided to remove kayako from the system and just use the builtin system, its not worth the extra cash to be honest, has some nice features, but i like to be able to see all my stuff on one system, rather than having to look in several different places, so a quick few mods on the admin home screen and all will be sorted

I Think not!

Been waiting for the stable version with working WHMCS intergration for months now and just seem to be getting told "Next Week"

If you don't need the live chat part stick with what WHMCS has to offer. I would but i've paid for kayako support on the 20th DEC with the promise of a working stable version by the end of the year. We are now in Feb and still no real sign of it.

They have a great product (the best helpdesk IMHO), but man, i really hate how poor their staff is. Ive been on and off with their product for years. The only reason i have came back is because my staff insist on it. They arent the ones that have the headache of dealing with the company though. Grrr.

They have a great product (the best helpdesk IMHO), but man, i really hate how poor their staff is. Ive been on and off with their product for years. The only reason i have came back is because my staff insist on it. They arent the ones that have the headache of dealing with the company though. Grrr.

I totally agree

Okay, so I've been avoiding Kayako after very unpleasant experiences with the combination of eSupport and AWBS a couple years ago.

Now I'm thinking if it will integrate somewhat seamlessly, maybe it's the way to go for hiring support techs without giving them access to things like the estimated income of the company.

The worst issues we faced with Kayako & AWBS were:

1. After switching to eSupport, a customer would go to our site and post a ticket directly through eSupport without logging in. That prevented the AWBS integration from kicking in and automatically creating an account with the same password in eSupport as in AWBS. Afterwards, the customer could never log in to AWBS and then get linked over into eSupport properly.

2. Even in cases where a customer logged into AWBS first and then linked over to eSupport and had the eSupport account created automatically with a matching password, sometimes the password would stop working for unknown reasons, so the user could still log in to AWBS but not eSupport.

Are there any issues like this with the WHMCS<->eSupport integration? If not, I guess I may give it another try, since we have an owned license of eSupport collecting virtual dust.

Matt, you should make an 'addon/extra' for the WHMCS support system. The addon can add the addition features that Kayako has over WHMCS. You can then charge extra for it for the clients who want it. That way, all of Kayako's features are available for those who want them (livechat, teamwork, sms, priorities, etc...)

You could charge something like a 69.99 one time fee for the additional addon support module. (like the WHMCS Mobile & Configurable Hosting Package Addon Modules you already have available)

Just seen on the kayako website (well it was posted on the 8th) that the stable release has been pushed back again!

For that reason and since i'm only a small company i can't afford to keep waiting for it to work i'm delete the kayako install and going with WHMCS support instead.

Im really not wanting to integrate the two because of all the issues. Im thinking more of just making a script that syncs the data between the two databases and clients will always just use WHMCS to manage their tickets and kayako/whmcs will be used only by staff. Need to think things out more though. Im 99% sure i cant do it live, but i can live with a 1min delay between the two. we will see.

We have been using the Kayako integration for a while; initially we used Adam's script and with a little modification it worked great. When the Kayako/WHMCS integration became available we upgraded with CVS 24 and we only have one issue with our Clients ability to see details about the Ticket; when they are in their Client Portal and the click on a Ticket - the system loops back to the Ticket List.

We have a Trouble Ticket opened at Kayako now. We notified our Clients of this issue and a "work around" until there is a fix.

We are very pleased with Kayako and all of the features that allow us to manage our Clients Support Tickets in a qick and professional manner.

you can control the access down to deptartments and features you want supprt tech's to have ect..

Can't you do that in WHMCS? I've not looked at 3.6.0 too much, but I know you can give support access to departments and the new admin roles allows you to limit it there I think.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Matt, you should make an 'addon/extra' for the WHMCS support system. The addon can add the addition features that Kayako has over WHMCS. You can then charge extra for it for the clients who want it. That way, all of Kayako's features are available for those who want them (livechat, teamwork, sms, priorities, etc...)

You could charge something like a 69.99 one time fee for the additional addon support module. (like the WHMCS Mobile & Configurable Hosting Package Addon Modules you already have available)

Kayako is a separate package because it is so powerful; it's got to be non-trivial to add all the Kayako stuff to WHMCS. Matt may be able to add a few "most-missed" features though; WHMCS added merge tickets recently, as one example, and I'm sure they'll continue to add to the support functionality over time. Particularly if it becomes clear what features people need. I haven't used Kayako enough to really comment yet.

• 2 months later...

Kayako is by far the best, and well outweighs what WHMCS can do for supporting your customers. (Sorry Matt, thats not meant in a bad way)

Even simple things like being able to "edit" a customers ticket reply are missing from WHMCS so when a customer replies to your response and their email client then also add email signatures, and your reply onto the bottom of their email, you really dont need all that fluff in the way, so we like to just edit a customers reply just down to what there actually saying, like in a real conversation.

If somebody kept posting a signature or disclaimer in MSN chat, you would soon get really cheesed off, so why should support tickets be any different.

Plus all the extra stuff like live chat, SLA's, escalations, remote desktop assistance, SMS notifications, ticket listing pages can refresh, the Knowledgebase is laid out better, email piping rules allow us all to respond to tickets from blackberry devices and maintains a constant email address for all of us "helpdesk@" regardless of what our blackberry email addresses are, blah blah blah and more etc...

I'm not saying the WHMCS support system is bad, I'm just saying that WHMCS is NOT a support system, its a billing system, and as a billing system, there are more important things Matt might want to do than to try to be "all things to all people"

Kayako itself is a **** hot product bursting with features, but the Kayako staff are pants when it comes to getting help, so you do need to be able to figure out some problems on your own, like when upgrades suddenly have tables going missing and you need to replace them, but we would never give up Kayako for the WHMCS.

We also really dont want and would never want support staff accessing the company financial information/profit/turnover details, ever, its bad for Moral as a lot of staff just see 1 big number and wonder "Wheres my slice of that" when they have no understanding of where all the money goes to, plus can all staff really keep their mouth shut? Nope.

So, if your a one man band, then sure, WHMCS might be pretty good for you dealing with just a few tickets a day, but any bigger than that, you might find you need to step up to the plate and match what the competition are doing.

Plus of course, many customers also have website developers/designers who they dont want to give out their billing information to just to get help/support from the host, so keeping them totally seperate works best for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Truth to be told -

If you concentrate on 1 thing you can do that 1 thing very well.

This is the case with WHMCS

As a billing system - nothing comes close.

As a help desk - there are others that are better...

and...

those that are better are not billing systems

BTW Kudos on the new interface - i love the little heads up on where we are financially when we login.

I came here to read up on the Kayako integration...

I am trying to figure out if its possible to setup up the additional contact users in a whmcs account to be able to open tickets in Kayako - anyone else have this wish or been able to master it ? (search was not a friend on this one... sadly)

Truth to be told -

If you concentrate on 1 thing you can do that 1 thing very well.

This is the case with WHMCS

As a billing system - nothing comes close.

As a help desk - there are others that are better...

and...

those that are better are not billing systems

BTW Kudos on the new interface - i love the little heads up on where we are financially when we login.

I came here to read up on the Kayako integration...

I am trying to figure out if its possible to setup up the additional contact users in a whmcs account to be able to open tickets in Kayako - anyone else have this wish or been able to master it ? (search was not a friend on this one... sadly)

Its not currently possible AFAIK and wouldnt really be easy to implement.

I want to say I configured the WHMCS support desk, but I needed a bit more. I had two licenses for Kayako, so I figured I would use one instead. The Kayako integration went awesome. Kayako has some integration files included with their installation. A few uploads and an edit here and there and things went together great.

Stay focused with the WHMCS billing aspect and do not try and lose focus from that trying to make WHMCS do everything good when you can continue making the billing portion GREAT!

I want to say I configured the WHMCS support desk, but I needed a bit more. I had two licenses for Kayako, so I figured I would use one instead. The Kayako integration went awesome. Kayako has some integration files included with their installation. A few uploads and an edit here and there and things went together great.

Stay focused with the WHMCS billing aspect and do not try and lose focus from that trying to make WHMCS do everything good when you can continue making the billing portion GREAT!

odd, ive heard from most people that the integration is junk and has a log of bugs.

Has anyone figured out how to fix the issue with Kayako breaking the CSS for the site when it is integrated with WHMCS - we have everything else working great except for this.

Our css is working fine until you go to KB, Support Tickets, Announcements and Downloads.

Thank you!