Kayako WHMCS integration

churchmedic

I started an email support chat w/ Kayako and asked for clear directions to integrate with WHMCS

I was given the following

Dinker Sangar: Please make sure that you have downloaded the latest CVS build and then follow the underneath steps for integration:

1) Open integrate/whmcs/modules/support/kayako/integrate.php and change the following line to full absolute path to your Product Installation (SupportSuite/eSupport) define("SWIFTPATH", "/home/path/to/support/"); Examples: define("SWIFTPATH", "/home/company/public_html/support/");

2) Copy modules directory of package to root directory of your WHMCS Installation

3) Copy the templates directory of package to root directory of your WHMCS Installation

4) Thats it! Your WHMCS Client Area is now replaced with the SupportSuite/eSupport Frontend.

I will work on a how-to flash movie if needed :-)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
my tip is simple, use the standard built in system within whmcs, far better than any other system that ive used

I owe an apology, after playing around with kayako we have moved over to it, did the switch out of hours lastnight and al went well with it only taking2 mins, have had several tickets through today, all good

• WHMCS CEO
I owe an apology, after playing around with kayako we have moved over to it, did the switch out of hours lastnight and al went well with it only taking2 mins, have had several tickets through today, all good

What features do you use of Kayako that WHMCS doesn't have yet?

Matt

I find that the sla's will be helpfull with it as we try to keep all tickets open for a very short time and this way it means i can keep an eye on what is going on and if any support ppl arent pulling their weight. Before i went full time with this i worked in a tech support call centre and it was all sla driven, worked really well there and i would like to implement some of that into whmcs

also means that my support staff who are soley support have no access what so ever to whmcs. Still have some customisation to do on esupport and once i do that (custom fileds) then i will be able to restrict whmcs access to vital staff, which is a security plus in my eyes

What features do you use of Kayako that WHMCS doesn't have yet?

Matt

Compaines like TouchSupport will only work via Kayako support system. Plus the SMS texting for new and replied tickets is a lifer for me. THe fact I don't have to sit on my PC refreshing the ticket window and I can just get the SMS via my cellphone and just log on and take are of things are another BIG plus.

I also use Kayako BUT I do have one problem. The email from kayako which gives the customer the login for the kayako system has a different password from the one actually in kayako. To combat this I took out this line in the kayako alert email and replaced it with the link for the whmcs client area. Worked a treat. Got a livesupport chat from one of their tekkies who walked me thru it online.

In response to Matt. Why?

Well Matt, I just like it, the interface it nice and customers who have been with other hosts are used to it and you know what customers are like when you say about change. The complain whine and just make ur life difficult. Also the teamwork function is very good from an admin point of view also.

What the heck guys? Don't tell me no one uses the mail parser rules in Kayako's eSupport.

Thats a life saver for me. I have setup Kayako in such away that it does 'exactly' what 'everyone' wants to do. More like having a custom code written for an app. I suggest Matt to put this into action.

Then there is the SLA. Another life saver... more practically a 'customer saver' cause you keep customers happy by solving their problems faster!

Escalations? Scheduled Tasks? Bleh there are a million things I can brag about Kayako eSupport!

• 2 weeks later...

Can somone tell me how to get it to work with WHMCS??

I have the latest build of WHMCS

I have the latest build of Kayako

I have completed all steps 1-5 of the intergration process

I choose Kayako as my support choice with system configuration.

Yet, when you click on the support tab it still shows the WHMCS support.....

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Can you post version and build numbers.

Any ideas?

Support tab? You do know that this integration has nothing to do with the admin area of whmcs, right?