Finding Nulled WHMCS distributions!

mfoland

6 hours ago, bear said:

I use Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and InDesign mostly. I've found nothing that comes close to any of those for what they do. 

What programs other than Adobe's can you open .psd, .ai and .indd files with and have them be fully editable?

This is actually why most people pay Adobe, for Photoshop and probably Illustrator.

I replaced them for Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer and never looked back. I noticed that I don't work as much as photos as I do with art composites of different things (mixed), in that regard I noticed that Designer is what I use the most now instead of Photoshop, if I need something pixel related or photo (raw) I switch to Photo, the nice thing is that both softwares open the same file format except one is for vectors (designer) but you don't need to keep saving things in different formats like with Adobe .PSD and .AI. This was such a pain for me because I tend to mix things. It made no sense saving graphics in different files format depending on the type. Now I have everything in one single format and I can switch between the softwares I need regardless of what they are, pixel, raw photo, vector, etc. You have both open and working on the same file.

Those softwares don't have every last advanced feature Adobe has, example rasterizing is still missing from Designer but then I found out that rasterizing with Illustrator is also mediocre. I tried gazillion softwares and nothing beats the quality of Vector Magic in that regard. So I don't miss Illustrator and I don't use Designer for this either. There are a few things more missing but unless you are an extremely advanced Photoshop or Illustrator user you probably don't need them and Affinity is very new. Adobe is decades old, so those features are coming. If you search on Youtube interviews, Adobe is actually copying features from Affinity now, that should tell you how good the software is. Its used mostly in gaming, art and many other industries over Adobe. The best of all is that I can open all my old .psd and .ai files without issues. As for InDesign I never used this but I know Affinity also has a replacement called Publisher. I cannot recommend or suggest that one because it a Beta for now. But since it's a beta you can download and test it for free.

I still have older versions of Adobe but its probably a year or more the last time I have open them and if I do its just to export something so I can work on Affinity. Some things are easier than Adobe as well and just make far more sense, and performance wise, while not everyone agrees I noticed it performs faster on my system. As for your question if they are editable, yes they are.

I paid a few bucks for both Photo and Designer, extremely cheap, and so far they had not charged me one penny for upgrades and updates. Compare that to over $600 a year with Adobe. Its rather impressive the amount of value you get for what Affinity cost. Another thing that might be important is the community and users. Because Affinity is that cheap, I now see more tutorials, YouTube videos and articles that teach or show how to do work with Affinity over Adobe. That is a big plus as well.

Here:

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/

Edited by yggdrasil

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are indeed very new (2014 or so), and I'd suggest underpowered compared to the Adobe programs (by virtue of a short test just now). Some of the basics are simple in that (shapes for one), but missing a lot. To say Adobe is copying from *them* is very hard to believe, but I see a lot of Adobe in them. Yes you can open .ai files, but it's lossy in some ways, and there's no going back, as it won't save back to .ai. 

In some ways it reminds me of those that say the Gimp is a direct replacement of Photoshop. It does some things, but not nearly as well. 
Price is really low, speed is really fast, so a consideration if you didn't want to spend on Adobe, but I'd say it's a distant cousin, but not at all terrible. 

1 hour ago, bear said:

They are indeed very new (2014 or so), and I'd suggest underpowered compared to the Adobe programs (by virtue of a short test just now).

Some of the basics are simple in that (shapes for one), but missing a lot. To say Adobe is copying from *them* is very hard to believe, but I see a lot of Adobe in them. Yes you can open .ai files, but it's lossy in some ways, and there's no going back, as it won't save back to .ai. 

In some ways it reminds me of those that say the Gimp is a direct replacement of Photoshop. It does some things, but not nearly as well. 
Price is really low, speed is really fast, so a consideration if you didn't want to spend on Adobe, but I'd say it's a distant cousin, but not at all terrible. 

What do you mean with very 2014? What exactly can you do with Adobe that you can't with Affinity because I see this posted by more than one person saying: This is missing, or you can't do that, and its just because they don't know the software around.

Shapes? What shapes? Designer is heavily used for game art creation now, you can do almost every shape imaginable:

What more shapes do you need than this:

You can't even do something like this with Adobe (combining pixels and vectors in the same work), this alone is a killer feature:

Again combining vector and pixels in the same work !!!

But they are taking features from them. I see that trend in the past 2 years now. On the iPad apps they basically cloned the Affinity apps:

I never considered Gimp a replacement to Photoshop, not by any stretch. Now if you are comparing Photoshop to Affinity Photo you are doing it wrong. That would be more compared to Lightroom, you need to compare it to Designer. Combine Photo+Designer and you have something more powerful than just Photoshop, or just Illustrator.

1 hour ago, bear said:

Doing it wrong? Love the (fully incorrect) assumption.
You seem to be getting a little heated here, so I'm done. This has gone way off topic anyway.

Not at all. I would care less what people use, just stick to what you prefer. I'm just posting my opinions since its common for people to compare Photoshop to Affinity Photo because of the name instead of Designer. Its even more common for Adobe users to install those softwares click around a few minutes and then conclude its inferior when they don't even gave it a chance. You can't compare a product you are using for years with one for a few minutes, its not fair. Affinity has many tricks hidden under the hood and I have yet to find something I can't do. That was my point. I disagree that its Adobe in 2014 and less capable just because its missing one or two features here and there. Adobe also has missing features that are in Affinity. I can do many work related tasks that I can't with Adobe and it does many other things  better like automatically using smart objects, preview of effects/filters, etc. The same work I did in Photoshop takes 3 or 4 times less now.

Either way. Just use what works for you. For me, $500+ a year to use Adobe is money wasted as I don't open those softwares every day and just need them on occasions. More important for me is time. I don't have time to mess 1 hour with one image when I can open Affinity and have the same stuff done in 15 minutes.

Edited by yggdrasil