kingsleymensah

unable to access some features and functions after upgrade

After upgrading to v7.7.0 i was able to login to the admin alright but when i  navigate to some menu functions i get this page error"

Oops!

Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.

Please go back to the previous page and try again.

"

I have attached a screenshot...how do i fix that

Edited by WHMCS ChrisD
Image removed for contacting admin URL information - Security

Please go to Setup > General Settings > Other and enable Display Errors. Then open page and tells you the error :)

it could be a module cost this problem what I do is rename gateway folder see that work if work then that mean one of the gateway module cost this problem. I see this happened before :)

i displayed error and i got this when i navigated to setup> general settings "ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function WHMCS\Utility\Recaptcha::__construct(), 0 passed in /home/.../public_html/..../configgeneral.php on line 0 and exactly 1 expected in /home/.../public_html/..../vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Utility/Recaptcha.php:0
Stack trace:
#0 /home/.../public_html/.../configgeneral.php(0): WHMCS\Utility\Recaptcha->__construct()
#1 {main}"

Hi @kingsleymensah,

This isn't an error we've seen before, but it sounds almost like a setting is missing.

Please run this query and let me know what output you get:

SELECT value FROM tblconfiguration WHERE setting = 'CaptchaType';

If you're seeing that error on the payment gateway page most of the time it is due to a payment gateway being outdated such as using a old version of Ioncube. Once errors are enabled you should be able to see exactly which gateway(s) are responsible.

the pa

15 hours ago, zomex said:

If you're seeing that error on the payment gateway page most of the time it is due to a payment gateway being outdated such as using a old version of Ioncube. Once errors are enabled you should be able to see exactly which gateway(s) are responsible.

i navigated to the payment page and i got this 

"ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function gocardless_config(), 0 passed and exactly 1 expected in /home/kingsce1/public_html/billing/modules/gateways/gocardless.php:0
Stack trace:
#0 /home/kingsce1/public_html/billing/kingscel8997/configgateways.php(0): gocardless_config()
#1 {main}"

gocardless was included in the update...what do i do? 

Hi @kingsleymensah,

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue. It sounds like some files didn't upload successfully.

Did you auto-update or manually update first time round?

Just now, WHMCS John said:

Hi @kingsleymensah,

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue. It sounds like some files didn't upload successfully.

Did you auto-update or manually update first time round?

i clicked on the update button in the admin area the first time

Hi @kingsleymensah,

Thank you. Did the auto-update process complete successfully without errors the first time?

If there were missing files I'd expect an error to have occurred.

On 1/28/2019 at 6:15 AM, WHMCS John said:

Hi @kingsleymensah,

Thank you. Did the auto-update process complete successfully without errors the first time?

If there were missing files I'd expect an error to have occurred.

yes the auto update completed successfully without errors and when completed it insisted me to remove the install folder before login in

Hi @kingsleymensah,

If the install directory was still present, this indicates the auto-updater was unable to delete it. In this case I would expect a permissions error to have been displayed.

Could you please share the last few rows from the tblupdatelog table (with the highest ID numbers).

7 minutes ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @kingsleymensah,

Those are the oldest entries, could you share the most recent ones please (with the highest ID numbers).

it is just 1-21 rows...that is all, check the file i  just uploaded

log12.pdf

Edited by kingsleymensah

Hi @kingsleymensah,

Thanks for the confirmation. These logs show that the WHMCS files were extracted but failed during the copying process. The database update process was not completed, so the auto-update did not complete successfully.

As a result I would have expected you to encounter an error on the auto-update modal.

well i didnt get an error on the auto-update....it finished successfully and insisted i delete the install folder before i continue and i did.

anyway the manual update from inside softaculos in cpanel did the magic so am good...thanks for the support anyway