MartinW

PayPal subscription payment applied to the wrong customer

Hello,

I have just had a PayPal subscription payment be applied to the wrong customer.

It was supposed to be applied to customer A, but got applied to an invoice of Customer B.

Customer A, didn't have any open invoices because the transaction and invoice dates are slightly out of kilter, this usually applies the balance to a previous invoice and creates the credit, the user then has their invoice generated and the credit is applied.

Customer B, has an overdue invoice that the payment got partly applied to, there was still an outstanding amount, this invoice has a different payment method set, but it is the oldest unpaid/overdue invoice in our system, so maybe got selected by default because it couldn't find an invoice for customer A? 

Please let me know if I can provide any further information.

Kind Regards,
Martin

Hi @MartinW

We've opened case MODULE-6962 to investigate this behaviour. It seems to impact products/services with an empty/invalid Subscription ID value.

In the meantime, please review products/services to ensure the Subscription ID value is filled in.

Hi @WHMCS John

I have just checked all of our PayPal subscription customers and they all have the ID set under their product, including Customer A.

Although, customer B now has the subscription ID set too? would your module have updated this or could something have previously gone wrong? I can refer to a backup prior to the payment if needed.

Kind Regards,

Martin

Yes, thats right we confirm we have the same issue, PayPal subscription applied to the wrong customer and wrong invoice , everything was working before the new update.

From what I see it removes Subscription IDs from the correct clients and assigns them to old/inactive customers.

Hi all,

I'm pleased to advise that a hotfix has been released to resolve this:

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I applied the hotfix and the error is still showing. Payments made to one customer are still showing under another. Is this hotfix supposed to fix what was already done? Or just future transactions?

I did install the hotfix zip yesterday however I just noticed it did it again with 2 different clients today.