vpntech

VPN Service Provider Addon+Server WHMCS Module :: Seeking Ideas/Feedback

Ibvpn also allows users to manually select the server to connect in addition to assigning automatically the  quickest server for connection. 

For most commercial VPN providers, they won't let user select each node manually because if a node is too full, it may degrade the speed of all the current users in that node further. If a bus is already too , u don't want more passengers barging in. E.g. tunnelbear only assigns a node based on geolocation. I think they just use a simple highest speed criterion for the allocation for each region. Their allocation and connection is instantaneous unlike ibvpn's waiting for least 30second. 

Since I am not ibvpn, I wouldn't know why it takes so long to assign the quickest server for a connection. My best guess is that they just query the entire list of server for the highest connection in real time and when they only have 20 server on the list, it is quick. But when their list grows to 175, the query takes 30s to run. Obviously they couldn't find a way around this slow connection  problem. In my opinion, that is an unacceptable waiting time because if they grow to 1000 server, the auto connection time will be 2minute.

So the big question is whether u should list every VPN node config  for users to choose manually.  This is normal  for only small vpn business because each region wouldn't have more than 20 servers and so users can eyeball the fastest one to join.

Ideally and if it is possible to query dynamically and in real time without delay  , user should only be shown the quickest vpn node for each country. 

The best scenario, a VPN operator should be given warning if all the servers become slow and it is time to spin up new VPN nodes to cope with more traffic.

I personally use terraform and docker to spin up each node on the cloud  and the bottleneck of setting up the node is the manual product input using whmcs GUI.

If you want to discuss more in details, feel free to contact me in telegram @Superjedi.

Thank you for the detailed information. This gave me several concrete ideas on how to implement the client configuration API with automatic node selection. I will build in different connection modes for the whmcs admin to select from to make it work for different business models. I will post info on this once it is implemented. 

In order for the webhook of whmcs to disconnect or connect a VPN node based on customers payment and usage , the download traffic is monitored.

Tunnelbear tracks the download traffic in real time so they can disconnect a customer easily if a customer has exceeded his allowance . 

How does it affect the performance of whmcs database instance  if it has to track all the VPN traffic in real time  when there are 1000 nodes streaming   and serving  10000 customers ? 

Can I assume the whmcs database will aggregate all the usage data  from different VPN nodes for each customer ? For example, I have to set up and erase each VPN node frequently so any data on each VPN node will be erased and if whmcs database doesn't record and save the traffic log in real time and at the same time I delete some  VPN nodes when the whmcs database is spinned down for maintenance, those traffic log will be gone. 

Another scenario is that if I have to spin down my whmcs main database instance for maintenance, all the vpn will still be operational but the real time download traffic wouldnt be processed by the whmcs database. Will the whmcs database sync  up to those  download traffic  log of each VPN  node  when it is spinned back up again ? Or those traffic database will be gone ? These  are quite  important issues because it affects how we do maintenance and the integrity of the traffic log wouldnt be ensured depending how the database tracks the traffic..

any eta on when we can do testing. as i am launching a VPN system in SA and would love to have something easier than running manual code and copying client details then a manual email out.

Is this still happening as i really really need this. having users in the WHMCS and manually creating the clients on the servers is becoming a pain...

Would you consider a pre release license fee for this project?

Thanks again

Any updates on the project? I am planning to setup a VPN company and this product seems like the perfect tool to manage my business.

does anyone know what happened with the project. Looked really good and would like to purchase it or something similar.

VPNtech reach out let us know