ISH

Exchange Rates Update Failed

My currency exchange rate update failed in cron, even when I tried it manually from settings>Payments>currencies and clicking update exchange rate it give me following error.

Exchange Rates Update Results
Update Failed for EUR Exchange Rate
Update Failed for GBP Exchange Rate
Update Failed for INR Exchange Rate

Please can anyone help me to fix this?

Hi @ISH what is your default currency? There are only certain currencies we can auto update

WHMCS has the built in capability to retrieve and update the base conversion rate values daily for the following currencies:

USD, EUR, JPY, BGN, CZK, DKK, EEK, GBP, HUF, LTL, LVL, PLN, RON, SEK, CHF, NOK, HRK, RUB, TRY, AUD, BRL, CAD, CNY, HKD, IDR, INR, KRW, MXN, MYR, NZD, PHP, SGD, THB & ZAR

You can manually request the rates to be synced using the Update Exchange Rates button on the currencies page or you can configure it to be automated with the daily cron in Setup > Automation Settings.

Hi @ISH,

We have diagnosed that the exchange rate feed source used by WHMCS has changed. A hotfix has been published for v.7.6 to resolve this, which is available at:

We are presently working on back-porting this hotfix to other supported versions and will publish them at https://whmcs.community/files/ over the coming days.

On 9/11/2018 at 12:48 PM, WHMCS John said:

We have diagnosed that the exchange rate feed source used by WHMCS has changed. A hotfix has been published for v.7.6 to resolve this, which is available at:

Just to be clear for all, I have also observed this bug in 7.6.1 and the hotfix indeed fixes the issue. 

On 28/09/2018 at 03:53, catding said:

We are using WHMCS6.3 - Is there any hotfix for it?

v6.3 went End of Life 18 months ago, so it would be interesting to know if they do plan to hotfix it.

i'm surprised it's taken over a fortnight and the other verified v7 hotfixes for this still haven't been released... it's only a URL change AFAIK, so it shouldn't take much testing.

it might be worth opening a ticket with Support (if you have an active support package with them) and asking about this directly.

thanks, let me have a try.

but according to previous ticket, they may still ask me to pay the support fee or upgrade  first to continue....

12 hours ago, catding said:

but according to previous ticket, they may still ask me to pay the support fee or upgrade  first to continue....

at which point, i'd just update the currencies manually - there's no point in upgrading now just for automated exchange rates if you're happy with everything else in your WHMCS installation (unless you have a *lot* of currencies!).

On 25/09/2018 at 6:51 PM, capalis said:

Hi, when will you publish hotfix for 7.5.x?

We are wating for it.

Regards.

Did you get a copy of the HotFix for 7.5.x @capalis?

6 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

does it exist for other releases? it's never been publicly posted in the v7.5 Hotfixes downloads ?

instinctively, I thought the v7.6 hotfix might work in v7.5, but i've never tried it.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2018 at 7:43 AM, WHMCS ChrisD said:

It doesn't exist. We are still waiting for it.

Hi Everyone

Here are the hot fixes for each version

Version 7.6

Version 7.5

Version 7.4

Version 7.3