Exchange Rates Update Failed

ISH

My currency exchange rate update failed in cron, even when I tried it manually from settings>Payments>currencies and clicking update exchange rate it give me following error.

Exchange Rates Update Results
Update Failed for EUR Exchange Rate
Update Failed for GBP Exchange Rate
Update Failed for INR Exchange Rate

Please can anyone help me to fix this?

Hi @ISH what is your default currency? There are only certain currencies we can auto update

WHMCS has the built in capability to retrieve and update the base conversion rate values daily for the following currencies:

USD, EUR, JPY, BGN, CZK, DKK, EEK, GBP, HUF, LTL, LVL, PLN, RON, SEK, CHF, NOK, HRK, RUB, TRY, AUD, BRL, CAD, CNY, HKD, IDR, INR, KRW, MXN, MYR, NZD, PHP, SGD, THB & ZAR

You can manually request the rates to be synced using the Update Exchange Rates button on the currencies page or you can configure it to be automated with the daily cron in Setup > Automation Settings.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @ISH,

We have diagnosed that the exchange rate feed source used by WHMCS has changed. A hotfix has been published for v.7.6 to resolve this, which is available at:

We are presently working on back-porting this hotfix to other supported versions and will publish them at https://whmcs.community/files/ over the coming days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/09/2018 at 03:53, catding said:

We are using WHMCS6.3 - Is there any hotfix for it?

v6.3 went End of Life 18 months ago, so it would be interesting to know if they do plan to hotfix it.

i'm surprised it's taken over a fortnight and the other verified v7 hotfixes for this still haven't been released... it's only a URL change AFAIK, so it shouldn't take much testing.

it might be worth opening a ticket with Support (if you have an active support package with them) and asking about this directly.

12 hours ago, catding said:

but according to previous ticket, they may still ask me to pay the support fee or upgrade  first to continue....

at which point, i'd just update the currencies manually - there's no point in upgrading now just for automated exchange rates if you're happy with everything else in your WHMCS installation (unless you have a *lot* of currencies!).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi

I'm using as default currency CLP, also I have clients for USD and Euro payments, but could not update currencies, because CLP currency is not included on daily auto update currencies list.

I see on https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/ that CLP currency exist, but my WHMCS installation does not recognice this currency, by this reason I colud not autoupdate product prices and could not auto update currencies.

There exist the posibillitie to add this currency or other, to the daily update list.

In advanced, thanks for your support.

On 09/02/2020 at 02:29, Hostingcrop said:

I see on https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/ that CLP currency exist, but my WHMCS installation does not recognise this currency, by this reason I could not autoupdate product prices and could not auto update currencies.

because WHMCS uses the free daily ECB (European Central Bank) rates, and that only includes the 30+ major currencies listed on the currencies page in the documentation.

On 09/02/2020 at 02:29, Hostingcrop said:

There exist the possibility to add this currency or other, to the daily update list.

as it's a third-party list, e.g WHMCS doesn't create or control it, you cannot add currencies to it.

the only options you have are to either manually update the currency exchange rate and then run the product prices update (as detailed in the documentation), or find an exchange rate source for CLP and use action hooks to update the exchange rate and product pricing... if you need to pay a developer to write that, then you'd need to post in Service Offers & Requests.

i'm surprised that nobody that developed a XE exchange rate addon for WHMCS yet - I would have thought there would be a demand for such an addon.

On 11/02/2020 at 17:37, Hostingcrop said:

I guess that this is because currencies exchange functions are not well documented, is very hard look for information about WHMCS currencies exchange  functions.

there aren't any real exchange rate functions in WHMCS - the current method works by pulling the xml list for EUR exchange rates from the ECB once per day, updating the database with those values (or calculations made with them) and then optionally updating the product prices based on those updated exchange rates.

if you were going to add a custom exchange rate into that process, you would use a cron / automation hook to update the exchange rate in the database table before the product prices are updated.

though there is a long-standing bug with the product pricing update in that it updates and enables prices in cycles that were previously disabled... e.g, before running the product pricing update, the monthly pricing is disabled for EUR and HRK...

dWjkKKP.png

then after running the pricing update, those disabled fields get enabled and prices added.

5Il3CYx.png