Hello WHMCS, 

I know I can attempt a capture of a payment that is using credit cards.

On clients using Paypal the option is blanked out.

Is there a way I can do it just like the credit cards option for these clients using Paypal? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By hanstavo
      When I tried to do a test checkout I realized that I cant continue. I get an error about invalid tax percentage, but I don't even have tax setup. I am using WHMCS 7.4.2
      I get the error no matter what payment gateway, and I have tried a fresh install of the checkout.tpl file and a bunch of other files that is included on multiple pages such as common and the sidebars.
      When I enable error reporting, I get the following stack trace:

WHMCS\Exception\Billing\BillingException: Invalid tax percentage: in /home/myuser/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Billing/Tax.php:0
      Stack trace:
      #0 /home/myuser/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Billing/Tax.php(0): WHMCS\Billing\Tax->validateTaxPercentage(NULL)
      #1 /home/myuser/public_html/includes/invoicefunctions.php(0): WHMCS\Billing\Tax->setLevel1Percentage(NULL)
      #2 /home/myuser/public_html/includes/processinvoices.php(0): updateInvoiceTotal(0)
      #3 /home/myuser/public_html/includes/processinvoices.php(0): createInvoicesProcess(false, true, '')
      #4 /home/myuser/public_html/includes/orderfunctions.php(0): createInvoices(1, true, '', Array)
      #5 /home/myuser/public_html/cart.php(0): calcCartTotals(true)
      #6 {main}
    • By LukeDouglas
      On the Products & Services, there is a "Subscription ID" location which I understand is where PayPal will return a "Subscription ID" if the customer agrees to having subscriptions paid automatically.  However, can this be used with the PayPal Payments Standard or must I upgrade to PayPal Payments Pro and/or subscribe to PayPal's Enhanced Recurring Payments service?
      If a customer logs into their billing account, clicks on an invoice and clicks on the payment button, when they get to PayPal, will PayPal ask them if they want to setup a subscription for this service that they are paying for? If so, then I 'assume' a "Subscription ID" is returned and the product record is updated to store this ID.  Then the next month when the next invoice is generated, the WHMCS system will automatically contact PayPal to have the 'invoice' paid by the customer payment source?
      I appreciate any feedback anyone can give.
      Thanks.
      Luke

• By Web Host Pro
      When  I try to cancel a Paypal subscription with the Subscription ID cancel subscription button on the product page it always:
      An Error Occurred Subscription Cancellation Failed Yet I can issue refunds and everything is connected correctly with Paypal.
      Gateway log:
      TIMESTAMP => 2018-05-14T17:45:22Z
      CORRELATIONID => Numbers and letters are here
      ACK => Failure
      VERSION => 3.0
      BUILD => 39949200
      L_ERRORCODE0 => 11552
      L_SHORTMESSAGE0 => Invalid profile ID
      L_LONGMESSAGE0 => The profile ID is invalid
      L_SEVERITYCODE0 => Error
    • By Web Host Pro
      Not sure what caused it but new accounts are not getting a call back from Paypal saying the payment is made.
      In WHMCS it says: (Please ensure Instant Payment Notification (IPN) is enabled under Selling Preferences within your PayPal account leaving the Notification URL empty. For new PayPal Accounts this is enabled by default.)
      But in Paypal when I try to leave it blank it says: You must enter a properly formatted URL into the Notification URL field in order to activate Instant Payment Notification.
      And adds our URL: https://webhost.pro
      But I think this is just a doc error because it was like this before and worked fine.
      Any other ideas why the Call Back would stop working for new accounts? Recurring billing calls back fine.
    • By Hannan
      Hi Guys,
      We have a number of people which have an issue with duplicate charges. Could you please advise?
      Here is the issue. For example, a user has an active Automatic Payment on PayPal for 25th of each month but he pays the invoice manually on the 21st following month. Now the automatic payment should bypass and not be charging the client anymore for that particular invoice as the invoice is already paid BUT it does charge the client's account. So 2 charges occur.
      There are no error logs which I could relate it to this duplicate charges in the Gateway logs. Could you please advise?

Thanks