7.6.1 - Domain sync doesn't run anymore...?

Just wondered if this has happened to anyone else?

Since I upgraded to 7.6.1 - the Domain Sync task isn't running anymore? It's not even triggered (nothing in the logs).

All settings in Automation settings are correct (Checked, Every 4 hours) - but nothing.

I'm guessing no, but has something changed I need to know about in the 7.6.1 release?

Hello, 

So far WHMCS support has replied to say the cronjob in v7.6 has been moved to be part of the normal cronrun: https://docs.whmcs.com/Crons

Can you ensure you have your normal cron executing every 5 minutes and it is completing fully? 

Anyone know how to confirm the cron is completing fully? I do have my cron set to */5 for every 5 minutes. 

Mine still does not work. 

- Mike

Hi all,

The domainsync cron is now part of the standard cron, what would be a huge help in troubleshooting this is having you go into  Setup > General Settings > Other and enable Display Errors & Log errors.  Once done please log into your server terminal window and force your full cron to run using the command

php -q /home/username/crons/cron.php -F all -vvv

This will force the cron to run with an extendated output, check this output at the point that the expiry runs for any errors and let us know in this thread this will better help us guide you with the issue.

22 minutes ago, bendrop said:

If I run it with the force all command, domain sync runs fine.

However, running as the standard cron (and the daily) it never triggers.

Same result here.

@WHMCS ChrisD I do have an open bug report about this (as do others apparently). If you test this yourself I am sure you will be able to replicate the behaviour we are ALL seeing.

Edited by xyzulu
Grammar

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello,

I can confirm that we are aware of this behavouir in version 7.6 and have case CORE-12679 open with our development team in order to have this reviewed further.

In the meantime, I would advise creating a separate cron job to execute both the -DomainExpirySync --DomainTransferSync tasks at the frequency you require, for example, to run them every 4 hours, you would use this cron:

0 */4 * * * php -q /path/to/crons/cron.php do --DomainExpirySync --DomainTransferSync 

Simply replace /path/to/crons with the actual path to your crons directory.

I am sorry for any and all inconvenience caused.

Hmm, something amiss. Using the call provided, and instead of every 4 hours (I'd changed that to 2), it's running once per minute. 
Check what yours is doing, I'd suggest. Oh, of course. First entry is "every minute". You need to put a time in that.

* */2 * * * php -q /path/to/cron.php do --DomainExpirySync --DomainTransferSync
Edited by bear

Hmm, I edited that code block to show the proper entry, and it's missing. Included below. 
Also, the automation status page still shows expiration status updated as 0. Maybe that's just looking at ones it's changed the date on?

0 */2 * * * php -q /path/to/cron.php do --DomainExpirySync --DomainTransferSync

• 1 month later...

php5 -q /home/xxxxxxx/htdocs/crons/cron.php do --DomainExpirySync --DomainTransferSync

[Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\RuntimeException]  
  The "--DomainTransferSync" option does not exist.      

do [--email-report [EMAIL-REPORT]] [--AddLateFees] [--AffiliateCommissions] [--AffiliateReports] [--AutoClientStatusSync] [--AutoTerminations] [--CancellationRequests] [--CheckForWhmcsUpdate] [--CloseInactiveTickets] [--CreateInvoices] [--CreditCardExpiryNotices] [--CurrencyUpdateExchangeRates] [--CurrencyUpdateProductPricing] [--DomainRenewalNotices] [--EmailMarketer] [--FixedTermTerminations] [--InvoiceReminders] [--OverageBilling] [--ProcessCreditCardPayments] [--AutoSuspensions] [--TicketEscalations] [--UpdateDomainExpiryStatus] [--UpdateServerUsage] [--RunJobsQueue] [--DataRetentionPruning] [--DomainExpirySync] [--DomainTransferSync] [--DatabaseBackup]