brian!

Enhanced ToDo List Admin Widget

the idea for this widget was started in the feedback thread below, but rather than hijack that thread with this project, it was easier to start a new thread in Third Party Addons.

this "Enhanced ToDo List" admin widget, expands on the default widget by showing client names (or Company Name), service details (name/domain) and domain names as mouseover tooltips (I could put them in the body, but then space might become an issue)...

AaNGIDJ.png

for those that want to use this widget, i've attached it to this post - simply upload to /modules/widgets and the next time you go to the admin homepage, it should be there (assuming your admin role allows viewing of the ToDo List).

i've called the file "EnhancedToDo.php", so you'll end up with two ToDo widgets on your homepage, just disable the default one using the Show/Hide widgets option top right... I could have called it ToDo.php, but then the WHMCS auto-updater would have overwritten it during the next update - so it's easier to keep it separate until WHMCS improve how they handle ToDo's. waiting.gif

FHsY76S.png

it's written for WHMCS v7.6, but will work on v7.5.x too... it might work on earlier v7 versions, but I haven't tested it on them - there is a WHMCS version check inside the widget that chooses FontAwesome 5 icons if using v7.6 or later, or FA4 if using an earlier WHMCS version.

if you spot any ToDo's that don't behave correctly (e.g a third-party addon might add a ToDo that doesn't follow the WHMCS convention), then feel free to reply about it (or PM me) - it shouldn't break the output, it will likely just not show the icon(s) for that ToDo.

EnhancedToDo.php

Edited by brian!

Thanks for this. Any idea how to make it sort by due date, rather than date created?

Hi @brian!

I tried downloaded the EnhancedToDo php, however it appears it is either no longer available for download, or I do not have sufficient permissions to download the file.

Is it still available for download? This is exactly what I need for our addons.

I am currently using a customized ticket hook (downloaded) but would ideally like to create a To Do item instead.

I'm not a developer so have no idea how to go about creating something like this LOL

Hi @PixieLinxie

14 hours ago, PixieLinxie said:

I tried downloaded the EnhancedToDo php, however it appears it is either no longer available for download, or I do not have sufficient permissions to download the file.

Is it still available for download? This is exactly what I need for our addons. 

i've just uploaded the file again - can you try the link to see if it works now...

1 hour ago, brian! said:

Hi @PixieLinxie

i've just uploaded the file again - can you try the link to see if it works now...

Fantastic! It's works now. Thank you very much 🙂

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Tengri
      Hello. 
      Finally I was able to upgrade to 7.4.2! But now I have another problem. I don't know why but after the update my widgets stopped working. Not one widget doesn't work in dashboard. Not system overview (Today, month, all time), Automation Overview, Billing, Quickly search and etc. And I know about the solution by changing the admin template to Blend. This is not an option. First of all, the article is outdated. It says to change the template to Blend. Since people have already faced this problem in the latest versions. For one decision was to upgrade the system, for the other earned itself (magic!). As we all know with 6.* versions used Blend and we did not change it.
      I changed the template to V4 and voila! All widgets are working. Magic. I'm back on Blend and not working. The inspector of the browser (FF) gives the following error:
      Uncaught ReferenceError: whmcsBaseUrl is not defined scripts.min.js?v=7352cc:30 at Object.getAdminRouteUrl (scripts.min.js?v=7352cc:30) at refreshWidget (scripts.min.js?v=7352cc:1) at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (scripts.min.js?v=7352cc:31) at HTMLAnchorElement.dispatch (scripts.min.js?v=7352cc:3) at HTMLAnchorElement.g.handle (scripts.min.js?v=7352cc:2) This error does not occur in V4. 
      I hope for your wisdom. Especially the @brian! 
      Thank you!
    • By seandnz
      I am sure I have suggested this a few times but after every update...nothing.  My real frustration is that when WHMCS creates a task for you on the Dashboard but no link to any service, no name, just a service ID but when I search for the ID number I get multiple results and my guess is, that it's just picking up other numbers, not necessarily the actual service.
      I really want to see a description of the service in the task and a link to the service so we can go straight to it, can it really be that hard?
      SEAN.

• By ModulesGarden
      Hello!

Today we prepared for you one module update and one free widget. Both for WHMCS.

1. Let's begin with eNom Email For WHMCS 1.2. We used the latest eNom API to implement new features and improve existing ones.

Changelog - Version 1.2.0:

New Feature: Manage email forwarding
      New Feature: Define Catch-All email forwarder
      New Feature: Define additional TLDs & gTLDs
      Changed: Extended TLDs list
      Changed: Improved interface at the client area

Are You Interested?
      ♦ Order eNom Email For WHMCS Now!

Do You Need More Information?
      ♦ Read More About eNom Email For WHMCS

Are You Looking For A Complete Documentation?
      ♦ Visit eNom Email For WHMCS Wiki

Do You Want Us To Install And Configure The Module For You?
      ♦ Tick 'eNom Email Installation Service' Field While Ordering The Product

2. Now the widget. The free widget in fact.
      We already have 5000 satisfied customers and on this occasion we decided to prepare for you something extra! We developed ModulesGarden Widget For WHMCS and put 10% promo code inside it. The code is applicable to any module from our offer.
      The widget will inform you when there is ModulesGarden's module update available and will keep you up to date with the most recent news. In addition, you will gain access to special promo codes available for widget users only!

Admin Area Features:

View Active Promo Codes And The Most Recent News
      Check If Your Modules Are Up To Date
      Quick Redirection To Changelog Of Each Outdated Module
      Show/Hide The Latest ModulesGarden Post On Twitter

Additionally:

No Installation Required - Upload, Activate And Use!
      Supports WHMCS V5 and Later

Why Should You Use The Widget And What About The 10% Promo Code?
      ♦ Find Out More!

♦ Read More About ModulesGarden Widget For WHMCS

♦ Visit ModulesGarden Widget For WHMCS Wiki

Coming Next:

Release List For October-November-December

Do You Need Custom Software Development?
      Specially for you we will adapt an application and its design to your own needs, create adequate addon, entirely new module or even a complete system!
      We can advise how to solve your problems or propose an optimal solution for your business.

♦ Contact Us Today!

We will send you the quote, ETA and more details within 24-48 hours.

For more information about our promotions, products and company activity visit our Forums, Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and YouTube !

♦ Forums
      ♦ Blog
      ♦ Facebook
      ♦ Twitter
      ♦ Google+
      ♦ YouTube
    • By ModulesGarden
      Clients Profiler For WHMCS is a module created to provide you with all the key information about each of your client in a split second! This way, you can serve them better, faster and more comprehensively than ever before.

Take a look at eight new amazing features we included in Clients Profiler For WHMCS 1.2.0!

Changelog - Version 1.2.0:

New Feature: Hide tooltip after X seconds
      New Feature: View client account status
      New Feature: Custom Client Notes - notes amount limit per group
      New Feature: Custom Client Notes - notes, displayed in the main tooltip, limit per group
      New Feature: Custom Client Notes - the length limit of notes displayed in the main tooltip
      New Feature: Services Amount - view domain links (www, whois and intoDNS)
      New Feature: Services Amount - define visibility of domain links
      New Feature: Move to client summary page through pressing their name
      Changed: Display full address and country of a client
      Major fixes of widget display

Are You Interested?
      ♦ Order Clients Profiler For WHMCS Now!

♦ Read More About Clients Profiler For WHMCS

♦ Visit Clients Profiler For WHMCS Wiki

Do You Want Us To Install And Configure The Module For You?
      ♦ Tick 'Clients Profiler Installation Service' Field While Ordering The Product

Acquiring new clients is as much important as taking care of existing ones. If you are looking for new ways to gain more attention for your business, take a look at the Blog article dedicated to RushFiles and the fruit of our cooperation: RushFiles For WHMCS!

Coming Next:

Later This Week: Extra Updates Of Magento Extentions!
      Next Week: Resellers Center For WHMCS 2.5

Do You Need Custom Software Development?
      Specially for you we will adapt an application and its design to your own needs, create an adequate addon, an entirely new module or even a complete system!
      We can advise how to solve your problems and propose an optimal solution for your business.

♦ Contact us today!

We will prepare for you a free quote, ETA and more details within 24-48 hours.

For more information about our promotions, products and company activity - join our social networks!

♦ Forums
      ♦ Blog
      ♦ Facebook
      ♦ Twitter
      ♦ Google+
      ♦ LinkedIn
      ♦ YouTube
    • By Dgital Essence
      Hi,

I'm not sure if this has already been done but I use Sticky Notes to record additional work that needs to be invoiced at a later date but kept on forgetting who I'd done extra work for.

So I've created a widget for the Admin Summary page that displays all the Sticky Notes with links through to the Customers Note and also the customer summary.

Just create a new file in modules/widgets and paste this code in. Then head over to Setup > Staff Management > Administrator Roles > Edit and scroll down to Widgets and then tick yours (in this example it's called "Display Customer\'s Sticky Notes".

This was tested in Version: 5.3.11. it works on my install but it if breaks yours or makes the sky fall down, I'm not liable...

?php # WHMCS Widget to display sticky notes on the Admin Summary # Hedley Phillips - Digital Essence if (!defined("WHMCS")) die("This file cannot be accessed directly"); function widget_display_sticky_notes() { $content = '<table bgcolor="#cccccc" align="center" style="margin-bottom:5px;width:100%;" cellspacing="1"> <tr bgcolor="#efefef" style="text-align:center;font-weight:bold;"><td>Customer</td><td>Note</td><td>Modified</td></tr>'; $x=1; $range = "<= 364"; $result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `tblnotes` JOIN tblclients ON tblclients.id=tblnotes.userid WHERE `sticky` = '1'"); while ($data = @mysql_fetch_array ($result)) { $noteid = $data["id"]; $userid = $data["userid"]; $firstname = $data["firstname"]; $lastname = $data["lastname"]; $note = $data["note"]; $date = $data["modified"]; $content .= '<tr bgcolor="#ffffff" style="text-align:center;"><td><a href="/whmcsadmin/clientssummary.php?userid='.$userid.'">'.$firstname. ' ' .$lastname.'</a></td><td><a href="/whmcsadmin/clientsnotes.php?userid='.$userid.'&action=edit&id='.$noteid.'">'.$note.'</a></td><td>'.$date.'</td></tr>'; $x=0; } if($x) $content = '<tr bgcolor="#ffffff" style="text-align:center;"><td colspan="7">No Sticky Notes to display</td></tr>'; $content .= '</table>'; return array( 'title' => 'Display Customer\'s Sticky Notes', 'content' => $content ); } add_hook("AdminHomeWidgets",1,"widget_display_sticky_notes"); ?>

NOTE:

What I can't get to work is the edit function.

I'm using:

<a href="/whmcsadmin/clientsnotes.php?userid='.$userid.'&action=edit&id='.$noteid.'">

where:

$noteid = $data["id"];
      $userid = $data["userid"];

but it keeps on putting the customer id in both $userid and $noteid and I can't work out why.