52 minutes ago, rkatz0 said:

Absolutely NOT what I asked. I asked which of the standard/stock templates are broken and what is the fix for them???! That way when we do the upgrade, IF we do the upgrade, we will be able to keep the business running!!!! 

Hi Randy,

Super quickly:

1. CORE-12587 Update index twitter icons for FA5 - update the twitterfeed.tpl file as discussed in this thread.
  2. CORE-12601 FA5 - Credit Card icons in Client Summary - "Credit Card Information" window do not display due to incorrect class of icon -
  3. CORE-12605 v4 and Blend Ticket Editor Missing Heading Icon - this requires updating the MDE editor as it uses FA 4, will need to wait for a new release to restore that single icon in admin area.
  4. CORE-12596 Ticket Feedback Stars Not Working - Not a template change but a css change all.min.css for theme:
    ticket-reply .rating span.star, .ticket-reply .rating-done span.star {
        font-family: FontAwesome;
        font-weight: 400;
        font-style: normal;
        display: inline-block;
    }
    .ticket-reply .rating span.star:before, .ticket-reply .rating-done span.star:before {
        content: "\f006";
        padding-right: 0;
        color: #999;
    }

Updating this to the following resolves the issue:

font-family: "Font Awesome 5 Pro";
    }
    .ticket-reply .rating span.star:before, .ticket-reply .rating-done span.star:before {
        content: "\f005";
    }

Edited by WHMCS Nate
fix typo

38 minutes ago, WHMCS Nate said:

Hi Randy,

Super quickly:

1. CORE-12587 Update index twitter icons for FA5 - update the twitterfeed.tpl file as discussed in this thread.
  2. CORE-12601 FA5 - Credit Card icons in Client Summary - "Credit Card Information" window do not display due to incorrect class of icon -
    templates/orderforms/standard_cart/checkout.tpl needs updates on lines 18-30 to change add the fab class. And to remove the fas class from lines 527 and 516. The icons are also broken in the admin area but that will require a hotfix as that file in not templated.
  3. CORE-12605 v4 and Blend Ticket Editor Missing Heading Icon - this requires updating the MDE editor as it uses FA 4, will need to wait for a new release to restore that single icon in admin area.
  4. CORE-12596 Ticket Feedback Stars Not Working - Not a template change but a css change all.min.css for theme:

font-family: FontAwesome;

}

content: "\f006";

}

Updating this to the following resolves the issue:

}

}

Ok, great, this means DO NOT update now. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, WHMCS Nate said:

You're welcome, the cases were provided so you can quickly review the changelog to decide about when is the best time for you and your business to update.

Thanks again. This update would have been embarrassing, I don't recall WHMCS introducing anything that would be like this in the past, at least not that we pulled the trigger on right away, and we usually do! I certainly hope WHMCS gets it together and pulls through whatever they are going through internally at this time! It would be a real shame to have to search for and/or create a replacement at this stage!

39 minutes ago, rkatz0 said:

CORE-12601 FA5 - Credit Card icons in Client Summary - "Credit Card Information" window do not display due to incorrect class of icon - 

templates/orderforms/standard_cart/checkout.tpl needs updates on lines 18-30 to change add the fab class. And to remove the fas class from lines 527 and 516. The icons are also broken in the admin area but that will require a hotfix as that file in not templated.

to save time for others, i've attached a modified standard_cart/checkout.tpl for v7.6 - i've made the suggested tweaks above, plus an additional tweak to the list to make Visa Debit & Electron use the Visa logo, and any that are unbranded just use the cc-card-front logo.

wvKusDJ.png

39 minutes ago, rkatz0 said:

CORE-12596 Ticket Feedback Stars Not Working - Not a template change but a css change all.min.css for theme:

I assume a css change to /templates/six (or custom)/css/custom.css would be the preferred route for such a temporary change rather that editing alt.min.css ? (btw using custom.css works)

.ticket-reply .rating span.star, .ticket-reply .rating-done span.star {
}

}

pBOChnS.png

checkout.tpl

custom.css

@WHMCS Nate, I just found another FA5 bug in the homepagepanels... as I posted previously in this thread, I thought it has been resolved, but there is still an issue.

On 03/08/2018 at 16:21, brian! said:

I can remember in the first v7.6 beta, you couldn't use fontawesome brand icons (e.g twitter, whmcs) at all in the homepagepanels or sidebars - but that got fixed in the general release (if not the RC).

in the btn part of the panel (the top right optional button link), that's hardcoded in clientareahome.tpl to use FAS... which means that it's not possible (or at least not easy!) to use Light/Regular/Brand icons...

{if $item->getExtra('btn-icon')}<i class="fas {$item->getextra('btn-icon')}"></i>{/if}

e.g I can't use the WHMCS icon - fab fa-whmcs - in the button link because the template would make it 'fas fab fa-whmcs'.

i can see that you are really frustrated @rkatz0

i've posted about the "transfer domains" (and some social icons) not showing correctly due to the adblocker and i thought no one realized my post but it seems that they are actually taking notes... i even take extra effort to ask FA developers, and other Q&A sites... (because we all know WHMC Support isn't the fastest in the world)...

worry not, if your business is that big to be embarrassed, i think you earn enough money to hire a qualified "web designer/developer/programmer"  to fix whatever needed for your problems. it's more like a UI issue rather than a more serious issue that needs urgent attention such as "security" and "exploits" - i've never expected to pay $18.95 for premium after sales service - however if it was $40-50/month, i'd be pissed off too...

since WHMCS was one of FA backers, they will keep using it in their future release and will not drop support but i do wish with all the money WHMCS are getting i hope they can create their own icon library or hire an illustrator to avoid extra dependencies from other  third-parties... to be honest FA sucks... if i'm given a choice to either use AdBlocker or Font Awesome... I'll choose AdBlocker...

14 minutes ago, Rangka Kacang said:

i can see that you are really frustrated @rkatz0

i've posted about the "transfer domains" (and some social icons) not showing correctly due to the adblocker and i thought no one realized my post but it seems that they are actually taking notes... i even take extra effort to ask FA developers, and other Q&A sites... (because we all know WHMC Support isn't the fastest in the world)...

worry not, if your business is that big to be embarrassed, i think you earn enough money to hire a qualified "web designer/developer/programmer"  to fix whatever needed for your problems. it's more like a UI issue rather than a more serious issue that needs urgent attention such as "security" and "exploits" - i've never expected to pay $18.95 for premium after sales service - however if it was $40-50/month, i'd be pissed off too...

since WHMCS was one of FA backers, they will keep using it in their future release and will not drop support but i do wish with all the money WHMCS are getting i hope they can create their own icon library or hire an illustrator to avoid extra dependencies from other  third-parties... to be honest FA sucks... if i'm given a choice to either use AdBlocker or Font Awesome... I'll choose AdBlocker...

Thanks Mr Kacang, however, EVERY idiotic thing you stated is on YOU!

WHCMS - Please get the standard forms to completely work and release a bug fix to address this so those of us fortunate enough to have NOT pulled the trigger on this "upgrade" can do so without potential cost or downtime. Thanks!

I'm not sure why you take it out on me dude - just trying to be honest here - when I see your website, it looks like one of those from the 90's and wonder why Font Awesome icons can make such a big deal or perhaps are your suffering from OCD? Surely one or two broken icons will not make that big of impact with that grandfrather design of yours... Anyway, I think this is just 0.1% little issue out of the 99.9% WHMCS has helped our business grow... getting angry will not solve any problem, you should discuss politely so that developers can get feedback and work towards the fix that you are looking for (for free)... or if it's really urgent fiverr might be your best bet... good luck! I rest my case and conclude that we have to agree to disagree 🙂

1 hour ago, rkatz0 said:

Thanks Mr Kacang, however, EVERY idiotic thing you stated is on YOU!

WHCMS - Please get the standard forms to completely work and release a bug fix to address this so those of us fortunate enough to have NOT pulled the trigger on this "upgrade" can do so without potential cost or downtime. Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Rangka Kacang said:

I'm not sure why you take it out on me dude - just trying to be honest here - when I see your website, it looks like one of those from the 90's and wonder why Font Awesome icons can make such a big deal or perhaps are your suffering from OCD? Surely one or two broken icons will not make that big of impact with that grandfrather design of yours... Anyway, I think this is just 0.1% little issue out of the 99.9% WHMCS has helped our business grow... getting angry will not solve any problem, you should discuss politely so that developers can get feedback and work towards the fix that you are looking for (for free)... or if it's really urgent fiverr might be your best bet... good luck! I rest my case and conclude that we have to agree to disagree 🙂

Let's not turn this in to an argument guys. This is a bug report. We can all agree it needs to be fixed. This isn't a debate on whether or not it's important for a certain company because of their revenue. It's a very visually ugly bug and needs to be squashed. Yes most of us can just fix the issue on our own, but the point is it's WHMCS responsibility.

49 minutes ago, tap0le said:

Let's not turn this in to an argument guys. This is a bug report. We can all agree it needs to be fixed. This isn't a debate on whether or not it's important for a certain company because of their revenue. It's a very visually ugly bug and needs to be squashed. Yes most of us can just fix the issue on our own, but the point is it's WHMCS responsibility.

Yep, it's a bug. Software company is responsible to fix it. Hopefully they will soon. Yes, it is their responsibility and not to have to make mods to get standard forms to work so the next updates come along and break those! And that's what THIS thread is about!

45 minutes ago, rkatz0 said:

Yep, it's a bug. Software company is responsible to fix it. Hopefully they will soon. Yes, it is their responsibility and not to have to make mods to get standard forms to work so the next updates come along and break those! And that's what THIS thread is about!

Yep, my point exactly.

Hey so i know everyone is having this problem with whmcs not displaying icons on your custom templates, so i came up with a fix and it worked for me. 

First go to font awesome 5 cdn and copy the the cdn link.

download.thumb.png.9fd98a7f5021ce149df18a39a5cdd8bc.png

Then go into your whmcs directory and locate your template you want to fix, then go into the includes folder.

Capture.JPG.b55ea1653971d9a88625bb4384d26255.JPG

Locate the file called head.tpl and open it

Capture.JPG.755dc82c3e44d999b3e22979ac1036d4.JPG

Then past the link like how it is in the image below.

Capture.thumb.JPG.4964ee984a57187a7f14be6179b1efa1.JPG

This worked for me but you may still have to change 

<i class="fa fa-camera-retro"></i>  <!-- version 4's syntax -->

<i class="fas fa-camera-retro"></i> <!-- version 5's syntax -->

Hello,

I just want to take the time to say thank you to all who are participating in this thread. As I have a custom template from WHMCS I have to go through a series of checks beforehand to integrate the changes so my template stays functional.

A special thanks to @brian! for the changes he has mentioned here and in his other post as well as to @WHMCS Nate for providing the information for the fixes yet to be implemented.

I have successfully made all of the proposed changes myself quite easily. They seem to be more along the lines of small aesthetic issues rather than any serious functionality issues.

8 hours ago, HomelessPanda said:

Hey so i know everyone is having this problem with whmcs not displaying icons on your custom templates, so i came up with a fix and it worked for me. 

First go to font awesome 5 cdn and copy the the cdn link.

@HomelessPanda While your idea works it is not the best. That link you provided is only for the free version of Font Awesome 5 and WHMCS v7.6 uses Font Awesome 5 Pro. So by using the link you provided it will break some of the other icons in WHMCS that are Pro only icons. Check Step 4 below 😉

I have a custom template from WHMCS. I use GitHub Desktop to track the changes made in the Six template so I can make the proper updates to my custom template. I do not publish anything on GitHub. Instead I keep everything local on my PC as I do not have a paid GitHub membership.

This may help others so I'll post how I do things.

1. I started by creating a local repository in GitHub desktop using the template originally supplied to me by WHMCS. (Others can simply zip their current template on the server, download and unzip it on their local PC to use as a local repository.)
  2. (This Step assumes you have created the local repository with your current working template) You then download a copy of the latest Six template, unizp it and copy it over your current working template in the directory you used for the Local GitHub repository. This will allow GitHub Desktop to track the changes.
  3. There are a total of 4 files that should, for the most part (more on this below), have the changes revoked completely in GitHub desktop. By discarding the changes in GitHub Desktop it will revert the file to the way it was originally. Before I discard the changes to the files I always take the time to compare and review the changes made to see if there are any that I actually need to add to my files. Case and point, this time around there was an update to Font Awesome 5 Pro from Font Awesome 4 so I needed to adjust the FA classes used in the footer.tpl & header.tpl files. The files I discard the changes for are the following:
    1. /css/custom.css
    2. /footer.tpl
    3. /header.tpl
    4. /includes/head.tpl
  4. The file /css/all.min.css has been customized for my custom WHMCS template. For my custom template I have found that I need to take Line 8 of this file from the updated Six template and copy/paste it over Line 8 in my custom template. @HomelessPanda This is where the CSS changes are which add the Font Awesome 5 Pro functionality. If you do this you won't need to do what you did AND you'll have access to the Pro version icons.
  5. I have also made changes to announcements.tpl & homepage.tpl so I review those 2 files and make sure I implement the small changes I have made to them so I continue to have the same functionality.
  6. I then provide a comment and description for the changes in the local GitHub Desktop repository and commit the changes. This process helps me to keep track of what I've done and when. It also helps me to compare the changes made to the Six template with my own custom template much easier.
  7. Lastly, I zip the folder up with the applied changes, upload it and unzip it to the templates folder on the server. If I've done everything correctly there are no problems.

This is the process that I use to update my custom WHMCS template whenever an update is available to WHMCS and it has worked out very well for me thus far. This time especially since there were a lot of changes due to the switch to Font Awesome 5 Pro and using this method I was able to recognize them right away! Obviously this information should only be used as a guideline as others with a custom template may have more or less files that they have modified than the ones I've mentioned here so you would need to have knowledge of those files and make the changes accordingly to your own needs.

@masterolive Please read over this thread thoroughly. You'll find all your answers. Bottom line is that some of the things that are broken can be fixed by your Theme's Support Dev while a couple of others will need to be fixed by WHMCS. If you point your Dev to this thread they will be able to figure it out. Most likely you are using a custom theme and as such it needs to be updated properly to use the new  FA5 fonts.

1 hour ago, masterolive said:

Is this a matter of WHMCS needing to fix or should I blow up my Theme's support dev with panic-induced all-caps emails to fix?

there was a release of the HTML version (not WP) of the Hostio template at the start of August and that was marked as being v7.6 compatible - if you're not using that version of the template, then it might be worth downloading the latest version of it and seeing if that fixes it... though it's worth remembering when using a custom template, not to upgrade WHMCS until you know the developers have upgraded their theme... for a minor update, you might get away with not waiting, but usually not a major update (like v7.6).

there is also a v7.6.1 WHMCS update that fixes some of the FontAwesome issues... but your issue is more to do with your Hostio theme than WHMCS... I suspect that if you switch to using Six, then those missing icons would be there.

for the record, the bug I highlighted a fortnight ago wasn't fixed in v7.6.1....

the hard-coded FAS code is still there - it's ridiculous.

3 hours ago, brian! said:

For the record, the bug I highlighted a fortnight ago wasn't fixed in v7.6.1....

Hi Brian,

FYI the issue you reported had a case created (CORE-12636) and was triaged and discussed, it is a case we expect to resolve, but it didn't make the time cut off to be released in 7.6.1. It moved down the list of priorities for a few reasons:

1. While the bug prevents the use of some icons for customization, it doesn't have the same impact as a broken icon. Its about improving the customization of the product.
  2. We didn't want to make any more template changes for our themers and people who update then possible in a maintenance release.
  3. Some of the ways we are considering implementing this change could impact how third party modules work and we don't want to introduce any kind of compatibility issues in a maintenance release.
  4. Because this is in a template if you absolutely must make this customization right now, you can edit the template and do that - issues where a customer can perform a work around are typically considered lower priority then issues where a work around is not possible. See the work around for an example of how to include a branding logo in a sidebar hook:

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 11.23.58 AM.png

Hope that context helps.

Nate

We didn't want to make any more template changes for our themers and people who update then possible in a maintenance release.

that's a bit like closing the door after the horse has left the stable to worry now about what the introduction of FA5 means for themers.

Some of the ways we are considering implementing this change could impact how third party modules work and we don't want to introduce any kind of compatibility issues in a maintenance release.

I would have thought you could just check the value of btn-icon, see if it contains fas/fal/far or fab and if not, prepend it with fas.

Because this is in a template if you absolutely must make this customization right now, you can edit the template and do that - issues where a customer can perform a work around are typically considered lower priority then issues where a work around is not possible.

unless I wanted to sell a module/hook that created a homepage panel with a branded/light icon in the link... I can't ask a user just to edit a template to allow me to use a branded/light icon in the panel.... 🙄

See the work around for an example of how to include a branding logo in a sidebar hook

... and the only reason you can do that is because fas isn't hardcoded into the sidebar.tpl template... if it was, the same issue would occur with sidebars...  I was merely asking for the same opportunity for panel link buttons - but I will patiently wait until December for the release of v7.6.2 and a possible fix to this. headshake.gif