bellafronte

override language on a particular theme

Hello WHMCS Community!

I'm having a little challenge on a custom theme. I need to override some translations in a specific theme through the language file.

This need is to be able to meet the need of the theme in changing words in the translation that help the user in the products that will be displayed in this theme, but this could not change the standard translation used in other WHMCS themes.

Is it possible to create a translation file that is used only on a specific theme?

8 hours ago, bellafronte said:

Is it possible to create a translation file that is used only on a specific theme?

I think that you might be overcomplicating this - if you have a custom theme, surely you can specify which language string to use in the appropriate template... :?:

if it's a variable that WHMCS generates itself from existing language strings, then that could be manipulated either in the template or via an action hook - there will certainly be more viable options other than creating a custom override file for a specific theme.

it would be useful to see an example of what you mean. :idea:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Web Host Pro
      Sorry I know this is not WHMCS core related but I thought maybe the main template uses the same js file to run the tables and someone might know the name of this font awesome icon that's missing or how to replace. If I knew what it was I could at least track it down that way. So far I can find where it is called from, what it is, or even how to remove it from showing it.

• By bluesteam
      Hello,
      I hope this is the correct community to post this in.
      SCENARIO
      The below is all explained in this documented article by WHMCS: Order_Form_Templates
      I have created a child order form of of the "modern" order form theme.
      I have created the theme.yaml file with the following contents as instructed:
      config:     parent: modern I have created an empty style.css file inside my new child order form template.
      I then logged on to my WHMCS backend and navigated to Setup -> General Settings -> Ordering
      I selected the new child theme as the Default Order Form Template.
      PROBLEM
      Adding ANY css to override the parent styling is not taking effect.  It keeps pulling the styles from the original parent style.css completely ignoring my custom css.
      If I use the browsers developer tools, I can't even see my style.css loading at all.
      If anyone can explain this I would appreciate it.
      Thanks
      Brett
    • By ocastaned
      I just integrated the social login option within WHMCS, but those are being shown in English. This is a screenshot: http://prntscr.com/id8leb
      How can I make possible they are shown in Spanish language?
      Thank you.

• By bagfuloz
      Hello everyone, Hope you guys doing good. 
      I came up with something new  or maybe old  .  I want to implement whmcs lang from English to Hindi. for my indian customers.  So i will convert each and every English Words to hindi words.  Already 50% done.  but please anyone tell me how to Add a extension ex- Hindi in header dropdown menu and target it to my Hindi lang File. 
      Check the screenshot for more info,

So i have added a Hindi.php file in Lang directory but in dropdown its showing English 2 times.
      Sorry for my Bad English.  Here is all. 
      Thanks
      Bagful International

• By WHMCS ChrisD
      In the former community we had dedicated boards for International discussions. The eagle eyed amongst you might have spotted that these no longer exist in the new community. Never fear however! We've migrated these boards over to a new section of the WHMCS Community called Clubs.  Clubs are a new way to group users with similar interests and we'll be using them for all kinds of things in future.  For now all previous international discussion posts have been moved into the appropriate club.