Sign in to follow this  
Subwayhost

Mass Delete Spam Clients not working

Sorry for being noise here

I uploaded it to the hooks folder inside the whmcs 6.5.2 and it doesn't deleted anything also a white page for this issue!

57 minutes ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Hi @Subwayhost the hook was written for active LTS Versions, we didn't release a version 6.5.2 could you clarify what release you are using please

I'm using 6.5.2 version of WHMCS

8 minutes ago, Subwayhost said:

I'm using 6.5.2 version of WHMCS

Our last release of the V6 branch was V6.3.1 on  13th April 2016 followed by v6.3.2 on 29th December 2016 we don't have a 6.5.2 release this hook was only tested on those releases in LTS Status that is Version 7.2 and above, so this hook may not work with earlier versions

8 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Our last release of the V6 branch was V6.3.1 on  13th April 2016 followed by v6.3.2 on 29th December 2016 we don't have a 6.5.2 release this hook was only tested on those releases in LTS Status that is Version 7.2 and above, so this hook may not work with earlier versions

I apologize it's v6.3.2

1 hour ago, Subwayhost said:

I apologize it's v6.3.2

looking at the code, my guess is that v6 might not like the PHP array abbreviation [] in the $results line... changing it to array('clientid' => $client->id) might make it work in v6.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

To clarify, this file is not meant to run with the WHMCS hooks system as there is no add_hook() function call being made, so placing it in the /includes/hooks directory may not work. 

This file was meant to be a one-off solution to be used for removing the mass spam clients that were being created. In order to use it properly, you would simply place the file in your WHMCS root directory and then access the file from your browser to run it.

It should provide you with the output of what clients were able to be deleted or which clients were not (if any). You can run the script as many times as needed until all of the spam clients have been removed.

When you are done using the script, it should be removed from the server as it does contain code that destroys data (deletes clients). It shouldn't ever be an issue, but to be safe it is good practice to remove utility scripts when they aren't needed anymore.

As always, please remember to take a database backup before using this tool.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By mindofmedia
      Hello,
      Like every year where are adjusting our pricing on the local index. 
      But because we still have a few clients that uses our old product gamma we still need to updates these pricing also. While that's fine for the active clients, I can't seems to delete the products that aren't active anymore on any client besides that are cancelled or terminated.
      So that product is still in the clients database (as cancelled or terminated) and most of the times the customer isn't even a customer anymore. Because of that I can't remove the products from Whmcs. I can hide them, retire them that is all fine but they still are in the admin product list (not in dropdown, the actual list where you can see all your products in the admin area).
      So I was wondering, what if I delete all the terminated and cancelled products from the customers client profile.
      But I'm not really sure about that, so I would like to know your opinion. What do you do?
      I think in EU (or BE for that fact), we can't delete the customer profile data, invoices, etc for 10 years (maybe a hard copy of the invoices is fine, don't know). But I don't think that applies on their products (since the actually webhosting is already long gone of course). And if we want we can still see the history on their invoices.
      So what do you do when a customer (or you) cancels (or terminates), what do you do with their profile, history, products, tickets, invoices, etc? Do you delete it, keep it, keep if for a few months, years, decades?
    • By Tycho
      Hello,
      https://gyazo.com/ae7b45883641d2bbd26482f3233e7af2
      I want everything on the left side bar gone. What's the best way to do that without an empty spot? So I want to have the panels in the middle.
      I've looked at google a lot but couldn't get out anyway.
    • By cdeese8
      Might you know of any sneaky ways, or creative things I can do to stop this?
      Can you please tell me how to prevent, block and disable any non-English letters? Specifically, I think it would be great to prevent letters from the Cyrillic script (Russian Alphabet). Literally, every spam ticket I get is from Mother Russia.
      I know there is form captcha, but I don't want to use any services related to google or even the baked in WHMCS. The less steps a visitor has to do to get support the better.
      Thanks for your time,
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_alphabet https://docs.whmcs.com/Spam_Control don't see anything here don't see anything for search query: site:whmcs.community block russian letters still doing R&D for search operator: bootstrap 3 input field validation block russian letters
    • By HarryAdney
      I see this in Setup > Addon Modules. I use MailChimp; is it safe to delete the legacy module and am I correct in thinking it's the one shown in module/addons/admin?

Cheers
    • By bluesteam
      Hi,
      So I have just signed up with crisp.  My business email address is info@bluesteam.net.  Crisp asks for an email address when signing up and sends you the chat transcripts after the conversation is complete.
      The problem is that Crisp sends these transcripts from some-random-sequence@bluesteam.on.crisp.email
      Now I have piping enabled for info@bluesteam.net for my General Queries Department so I keep getting the transcript opening tickets on the support system.
      NOW I have to go and delete every support ticket that gets opened because blacklisting each email address is pointless because the sequence will always change and never be the same so its useles to blacklist it.
      I want to add a wildcard in the Spam Control System *@bluesteam.on.crisp.email so that NO transcripts can open a ticket but lo and behold, there is no such thing as a wildcard on the Spam Control.
      How can this be?  It's such a simple feature that should be enabled with every spam control system.
      Has anyone got a solution to this?
      Thanks
      Brett