Best domain reseller?

Zed

Greetings WHMCS fans,

Like many eNom resellers, I just received an email informing me they will be raising the price of their .com domains upwards of 40% unless you can do at least $100k worth of business per year. I'm not sticking around for that. Does anyone have advice on another good domain reseller they've used with WHMCS in the past? I always appreciated how well eNom integrated with WHMCS and would like to duplicate that integration if possible. Right now resellerclub (or logicboxes) seems to be my best bet. Please let me know your thoughts,

-Ed

I'm in same situation. I've to go out of Enom so I've made the choice of Resellerclub with WHMCS free offer but after registration I've no idea what to do to activate and work with them. Do you have a link with details or tutorials to help me please?

Thanks Vinc1402! I'm looking into them too. I'm going back and forth between resell.biz and opensrs.com right now. Both seem like strong platforms that are maintaining reasonable prices -even better than eNom's old prices.

-Ed

On 05/05/2018 at 1:11 AM, vivyrelaxe said:

I'm in same situation. I've to go out of Enom so I've made the choice of Resellerclub with WHMCS free offer but after registration I've no idea what to do to activate and work with them. Do you have a link with details or tutorials to help me please?

once you login to your resellerclub account  use this link https://manage.uk.resellerclub.com/servlet/RCPSetupGuideServlet

11 hours ago, Zed said:

The problem with Hexonet is that they don't integrate with WHMCS very well. There's a lot of unsupported features in their platform:

Hexonet have written their own free WHMCS modules (unencoded too!) which have all the features missing from the WHMCS module... and more. :idea:

https://www.hexonet.net/resellers/integration#whmcs

now the usual caveats apply with all third-party modules in that WHMCS are not responsible for supporting them, and so the modules are only as good as the support supplied by Hexonet, and their frequency of updating - but seeing as their module was last updated at the end of April 2018, it's no doubt compatible with the latest WHMCS version.

Well, it looks like going with resell.biz is out of the question. They just posed an absurd request on my end. After I filled out their application as thoroughly as I could, 4 days later they sent back this request:

Hello,

We have received your request to sign up for a domain reseller account with resell.biz. While processing this, your account was flagged as potential fraud .To reduce instances of such fraud we request that you send in the following verification details.

For verification, Please provide a photo copy of 2 forms of verification. This needs to be 2 photo ID's (drivers license, passport, etc.) As well as an image of you holding one of the id's you send in. Please make sure the images are light enough to read. The information we request is used for verification only.

1. A photo Id of you drivers license

2. A photo ID of your passport or another photo id

3. An image of you holding your drivers license for example  https://www.abdn.ac.uk/news/images/196PASSPORT16x9.jpg

Please send them as attachments to a reply to this email. We look forward to hearing from you and doing business.

While I'm happy to verify my corporation, there's no way I'm handing that personal information over to an international company. I'm amazed they think that is a necessary request. None of those details are attached to my company name anyways.

On 15/05/2018 at 2:48 PM, Zed said:

Well, it looks like going with resell.biz is out of the question. They just posed an absurd request on my end. After I filled out their application as thoroughly as I could, 4 days later they sent back this request:

Hello,

We have received your request to sign up for a domain reseller account with resell.biz. While processing this, your account was flagged as potential fraud .To reduce instances of such fraud we request that you send in the following verification details.

For verification, Please provide a photo copy of 2 forms of verification. This needs to be 2 photo ID's (drivers license, passport, etc.) As well as an image of you holding one of the id's you send in. Please make sure the images are light enough to read. The information we request is used for verification only.

1. A photo Id of you drivers license

2. A photo ID of your passport or another photo id

3. An image of you holding your drivers license for example  https://www.abdn.ac.uk/news/images/196PASSPORT16x9.jpg

Please send them as attachments to a reply to this email. We look forward to hearing from you and doing business.

While I'm happy to verify my corporation, there's no way I'm handing that personal information over to an international company. I'm amazed they think that is a necessary request. None of those details are attached to my company name anyways.

common practice to ask for photo ID as a fraud prevention measure. The are dealing with you and not a company as the account holder on behalf of a company.

22 hours ago, Zed said:

it's not unheard of.. I had a similar situation when applying for NetEarthOne (another Logicboxes registrar like resell.biz) back in 2014, they wanted to see my passport and a utility bill... the account was activated, but i've never used it - for me, resell.biz are cheaper.

• 1 month later...

We just switched from eNom to hexonet ourselves and could not be happier - far better prices, and their support team has been excellent. They also don't charge any additional markup on credit card deposits which is one of the many hidden fees of eNom. We were waiting days or even weeks in some cases for email replies from enom, whereas we get them within minutes from hexonet.

Yup! They've been a huge improvement so far. eNom's pricing on some specialty domains is slightly better. But for .com, .org and .net Hexonet is far better and they respond to  support emails very quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm in the same boat. We've been with eNom forever but we're not high volume and the new pricing structure is ridiculous. $17 to renew an .org domain when clients can go directly to the eNom website and register it for less? Ummm...  I don't think so. Hoping to make a decision this weekend and start getting clients moved.

18 minutes ago, michelle said:

I'm in the same boat. We've been with eNom forever but we're not high volume and the new pricing structure is ridiculous. $17 to renew an .org domain when clients can go directly to the eNom website and register it for less? Ummm...  I don't think so. Hoping to make a decision this weekend and start getting clients moved.

If you want to stay with enom, request a free reseller account from whmcs. Org domains are $12.57.

You can then push all your domains across. 

39 minutes ago, michelle said:

whoa $17 is steep - I thought the new OpenSRS (who recently bought eNom) pricing structure was bad enough when a .org renewal is upto $15... if you compare that to the $9.55 we can get from resell.biz (interneet.bs prices will be similar), it's not even worth considering.

29 minutes ago, bendrop said:

If you want to stay with enom, request a free reseller account from whmcs. Org domains are $12.57.

You can then push all your domains across. 

whilst I would never use the reseller account, that's not a bad shout if @michelle already has a lot of domains with eNom - they should be treated as transfers between eNom accounts and shouldn't need confirmation from the registrants; whereas if you moved them to another registrar, they would effectively be transfers, hence come at a cost and would likely require confirmation from the registrant too.

though i'd recommend checking whether the prices shown on the free reseller account page are still accurate.

I think the domain reselling industry is mostly dead now. CloudFlare is now giving domains at cost so there is no way you are going to be able to match that price and still be able to compete, as others are going to match that or offer similar deals:

https://www.cloudflare.com/products/registrar/

And yes, people only care about pricing with domain registration. They actually don't care for any of the extra services it seems.

Edited by yggdrasil

51 minutes ago, easyhosting said:

These will be intro prices for their new services.

if you think domain registrations are dead then you are in the wrong industry.

No. Those are end prices for customers, even free accounts. They actually lose a bit of money per domain (after merchant fees) but they can off set this because they earn money from other services.

9 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

No. Those are end prices for customers, even free accounts. They actually lose a bit of money per domain (after merchant fees) but they can off set this because they earn money from other services.

price for now, as this is a new service offered by them, they will be giving these lose leader prices to gain a domain client base then they will go up as Regisrars have little say on wholesale pricing.