How to use Kayako Integration

DeanClinton

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I found it is a bug in the popular knowledge base widet. Enable it on your install and I'm sure you will see the error. I was able to duplicate it on a fresh install, but it's disabled by default.

As long as it is disabled and you don't have your whmcs and kayako installed on a different sub-domain or domain, you should not get the kayako license error. Thus, should work as it is intended to.

I had no problems getting it setup, however the loginshare gives me a blank area, no information, just the update button when going to enable it. Also, I have my support system on support.allurehost.com which is what my license is set to, I get errors from the integration talking about domain mismatches. I am sure this is a Kayako issue which maybe they can resolve for me, but it is quite annoying :(

I just found this in the kayako general settings.

WHMCS Template Group

Select a default template group for WHMCS integration. This group will override the default template group. This can be used to display a different template group when SupportSuite is used via WHMCS and another when accessed normally.

This solves our integration issues!

Are you setting the Login Share routine at:

Dashboard » Templates » Manage Template Groups » default

To WHMCS Loginshare or using the standard kayako?

It appears that new users are being created in kayako with the whmcs email address for new users, but I can't login with username and password I used to create the whmcs client.

is everyone pleased with the integration so far?

In general, yes, but because of these domain mismatch errors from Kayako, it makes me a bit sour. I wish their support was online so I could have words with them, :roll:.

Working on integrating my order form now, and doing the cart, so excited to show you guys soon.

Kayako is running the cvs build however I am having the same issue as the person stated above is having, it displays a blank page when trying to click knowledgebase or submit a ticket link in client area of whmcs

Keep in mind that support for the integration won't be able to be provided anywhere but by kayako. Posting problems here, probably not going to help. Posting problems to KAYAKO, probably going to help.

Anyone got an answer?

All it takes to get an answer is to do a bit of investigation.

The user accounts registered won't conflict with one another

When a new user registers in whmcs, they will be registered in kayako

When a new user registers in kayako, they will NOT be registered in WHMCS. This is the expected reaction, however, as many use kayako to provide support on multiple fronts.

The purpose of an "integration" is to provide a gateway from one to the other with minimal work necessary on both sides. Kayako have done this rather well. I'd say WHMCS has, but the major part of things was handled by kayako (not that Matt didn't help out I'm sure ;)).

So far, what I've seen, it looks good. FINALLY, hacks to get kayako working are no longer needed.

Is there anyone else having an issue with getting this setup? Its showing blank pages for me everywhere.

I've followed the following steps:

Path to SupportSuite is /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/subdomains/mysupport/httpdocs/ (which has been changed in the integrate.php file.

The modules directory contents from kayako integration has been moved to the modules directory in WHMCS.

The templates directory contents from kayko integration has been moved to the templates directory in WHMCS.

I enabled Kayako in General Configuration -> Support

In Kayako, set Dashboard -> Templates -> Manage Groups -> default -> Settings -> LoginShare to "WHMCS Integration".

Is there anything I'm missing?

Was anyone able to configure correctly the LoginShare?

So far, when I am logging as a customer and try to view the list of tickets, Kayako returns the following error message:

ERROR: You do not have enough permissions to access this page. Please log in by entering your Email Address and Password.

Any idea?

Just to inform people, I was told by Kayako that the latest CVS build that will be available tomorrow (the 13th) will contain a fix for people with domain mismatch errors.

Also, anyone else have their Loginshare looking blank when they go tot he page? Not like all while blank, but missing all the text fields it should have.

Jamie, thank you for pointing that out!

I've got to say that I managed to get this working for myself and another client this afternoon, and I'm impressed. This was MUCH more than I had expected, though I'd still rather that certain features be turned off or on (ie: downloads linked to whmcs). However, it looks good!

openbasedir is a problem and should be removed anyways. Not sure who was thinking what there.

Hi Everyone,

Just an update for those that are getting blank pages, this seems to be caused by open_basedir not deactivated for the domain.

Turn open_basedir off, and you will find everything spring to life :)

Cheers,

Adam

I have open_basedir turned off on the whole server and I still get a blank page...

I have open_basedir turned off on the whole server and I still get a blank page...

Double check httpd.conf, sometimes that crap sneaks up there

Also, make sure you update EVERYTHING, you can't just add the /integrate/ stuff, you have to completely add the entire CVS setup, due to how things were done.

I have performed the following steps with no success:

1. Download latest CVS build from the client area at kayako.com

2. Upgrade your kayako installation.

3. Read the Readme file on how to perform the integration, which involves editing one file and then uploading 2 folders to your whmcs installation.

4. Login to whmcs and go to general configuration > support and change the the support system from whmcs to kayako.

5. Login to kayako admin, go to settings > general and scroll down a bit, here you need to select 'default' as the WHMCS template group.

6. Go to Templates and click on 'Manage Templates' and you need to expand each template group. Any template group that displays a red circle, you need to revert it to the original version.

And open_basedir has been confirmed to be off.