John Kennedy

error 500 on todolist.php after update to 7.5.1

Getting error 500 when trying to access todo lists. Seems to be happening after the update to 7.5.1.

./admin/todolist.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6 and cannot run under PHP 7.1 or later."

Host:
CentOS6.9
nginx + FPM
php 7.1.16 + ionCube Loader 10.1.0

The original installation 7.2.x was running on php5.6.35 + iCL6.0.7, and I think this is where the issue is coming from. Is it possible ./admin/todolist.php wasn't updated with 7.5.1?

Yes, this was omitted from the upgrade. If you download the full package you can just upload that separately

Hi,

i get the same issue after i upload the file manually to fix it.

i want to ask,

because i use whmcs admin upgrade button to upgrade,

will it lose some files without update as todolist.php ?

should i download the full whmcs 7.5.1 and re-upload them to my server manually again ?

thanks

Edited by rugg

That file is not they what you can do is upload the one from 7.5 files it works :)

@rugg The file from 7.5 will work as indicated by WSA however you can also re-download WHMCS v7.5.1 from download.whmcs.com or use the file i've attached to this post

todolist.php

Hi,

no,my question is,

should i download the full whmcs 7.5.1 and re-upload all the files to my whmcs server manually again ?

thanks

1 minute ago, rugg said:

should i download the full whmcs 7.5.1 and re-upload all the files to my whmcs server manually again ?

no, just that one missing file - /admin/todolist.php - that was the only one missing from the original download/updater.

Just now, brian! said:

no, just that one missing file - /admin/todolist.php - that was the only one missing from the original download/updater.

Hi,

do you mean days ago,the 7.5.1 does not include the file /admin/todolist.php,

only losing the one file,

and it had be added into 7.5.1 well,correct  ?

thanks

4 minutes ago, rugg said:

do you mean days ago,the 7.5.1 does not include the file /admin/todolist.php,

only losing the one file,

and it had be added into 7.5.1 well,correct  ?

when v7.5.1 was released, todolist.php was missing - no changes were made to the file, so if you were upgrading from v7.5, you wouldn't have noticed - only if you were doing a clean install or upgrade from an earlier version might you have noticed it missing.

WHMCS added the missing file to the v7.5.1 full download a day or two later...

I would imagine running the automatic updater again would have no effect - because it will say you are using the current version... so manually uploading that one file would be the quickest solution. :idea:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By startover909
      I'm currently in the process of setting up WHMCS (7.5.1) along with a main site on a pretty much empty dedicated server (decent E3 with SSD). The site does not run "slow" by any means. It loads in about 650ms to 800ms on Pingdom and GTMetrix tests. What I did find curious is that it is exactly and consistently around 200ms slower TTFB compared to the same sites on the same server, mostly running Wordpress. All running the same PHP and MySQL and over SSL (so all the overheads are accounted for). So while the other site would have a TTFB of say 250ms to a given test server (including SSL handshake), WHMCS would take about 450ms, pushing it just a bit over the most "ideal" ballpark. This can be also easily verified by using Chrome's developer tool - network tool.
      Is this 200ms due to the IonCube encoding, or is the speed of the application itself just what it is? Does this number seem right to you? If you have any other PHP/MySQL site especially Wordpress running along side WHMCS on the exact same server, and not utilizing CDN's such as cloudflare that can skew the results,  do you mind doing a test and see if your WHMCS is also consistently a bit slower TTFB (test during idle times)?
      Thanks.
    • By WHMCS John
      Symptom 
      After applying the 7.5 update, you may encounter the following error:
      The file /path/to/whmcs/index.php is corrupted. Where /path/to/whmcs/ is the location of your WHMCS installation.

Cause
      This message occurs when the server environment does not have a sufficiently recent version of the Ioncube Loaders installed so as to meet the compatibility requirements.
      This error will occur if you are running Ioncube Loaders version 10.0 or earlier. WHMCS 7.5 requires Ioncube Loaders 10.1.0 or above.

Solution
      Update the IonCube Loaders installed on your server to version 10.1.0 or higher in PHP 5.6 or 7.0, then attempt the update process again.
      Once the update to WHMCS version 7.5 has been completed, you may switch to a PHP 7.1 or 7.2 environment is desired.
      It may be necessary to contact your server admin/hosting provider to make these configuration changes.

More information: http://help.whmcs.com/m/75601/l/851363-troubleshooting-a-the-file-path-to-whmcs-index-php-is-corrupted-error
    • By sonics
      Hello
      We are running shortly our WHMCS installation 7.2.3 with Nginx, php-fpm 7.0 and almost all is running well. but we had a problem with the knowledgebase which was not reachable anymore over https://whmcsurl/knowledgebase
      after installing some nginx rules like here posted we can again open the knowledgebase like https://whmcsurl/knowledgebase. but now the search is not working ( 404 not found). the question is now if someone has working nginx rules or can help with the problem?

# Announcements
      rewrite ^/announcements/([0-9]+)/[a-zA-Z0-9-]+.html$ /./announcements.php?id=$1 last;
      rewrite ^/announcements$ /./announcements.php last;
      # Downloads
      rewrite ^/downloads/([0-9]+)/([^/]*)$ /./downloads.php?action=displaycat&catid=$1 last;
      rewrite ^/downloads$ /./downloads.php last;
      # Knowledgebase
      rewrite ^/knowledgebase/([0-9]+)/[a-zA-Z0-9-]+.html$ /./knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=$1 last;
      rewrite ^/knowledgebase/([0-9]+)/([^/]*)$ /./knowledgebase.php?action=displaycat&catid=$1 last;
      rewrite ^/knowledgebase$ /./knowledgebase.php last;

best regards chris
    • By Scolpy
      Hey,

Today ionCube released v4.5.0 which compatible with PHP 5.5.X.
      So I updated my PHP 5.4.x to 5.5.x and installed the new loaders but when I try to access to the Administrator panel I got this error:

Please know that before you update to PHP 5.5.x because WHMCS team need to the update WHMCS files in order support the new ionCube loaders.
    • By exwizzard
      Hello everyone,

I have just had a really frustrating experience with ioncube and I would like to share my information in case anyone else has the same problem, or happens to google this.

The problem seems to be with the latest ioncube loaders, specifically the file "ioncube_loader_lin_5.4.so"

The latest version of this file has the filesize of 1181432 bytes. After installing this file I immediately noticed that whmcs has problems with loading, it would load once in 20 times. The error message in apache log was this:

exit signal Segmentation fault (11), possible coredump in /etc/apache2

The solution for me was to rollback to an earlier version of the file, with the filesize of "1171544" bytes.

I hope this information helps you.