After upgrading to 7.5 it takes 19 (!) seconds to open domain registration page

21 hours ago, imaticon said:

Add this to the configuration.php file and give it a try:

$disable_hook_loading = true;

No change, fresh v7.5 installation over the 7.4.2 database with added line per above, returns 19.7 seconds loading.

9 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @onliner,

This isn't something I can reproduce at our end. I'd suggest disabling after-market action hooks per imaticon's post.

If the issue persists, I'd be interested to see if there's something specific to your data causing this behaviour. In which case a copy of your tbldomainpricing and tblpricing tables would facilitate that.

I've sent you an PM with requested files.

7 hours ago, zetaone said:

We also observed this after the upgrade to v7.5.0 and even though we have relatively resolved it as to deal with the huge CPU spike when the domain registration page is visited, it is still not fast as it used to be.

There are a couple of things you could try server-side.

First, if you are using cPanel, first disable or remove or reinstall  mod_http2 and see if the issue persists.

Secondly, if you have the new mod-cpanel compiled, disable or remove it to see if that will stabilize the server.

Check your error_log(s) after each of these steps.

Thank you for this suggestion. No change after applied this suggestion. Still 19 seconds to load.

8 minutes ago, aknight said:

We are seeing the same thing, 19 second load time on the domain registration page after the upgrade to 7.5 and PHP 7.2.

I'm definitely not the only one with this issue. I remember a while ago, I had a similar issue with a module, then it was just a permission tweak to solve the problem. We are waiting on WHMCS to update us as they have joined this thread.

I just discovered the cause of may issue (which is probably different from yours): in browser console I find this error:

Uncaught ReferenceError: whmcsBaseUrl is not defined

... and found that WHMCS's staff yet analyzed and fixed it!!!!

http://help.whmcs.com/m/75601/l/869996-troubleshooting-domain-search-returning-no-results

It's "only" an issue with template not up-to-date... let's try now to update it in the less painful way... ;-)

Maybe even your issue is theme-related... any error message in browser console?

Edited by Remitur

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @onliner & @aknight,

Thanks for providing the database dump, I was able to reproduce the issue with your data.

This appears to be related to the large number of TLDs configured. As such I have opened case #CORE-12244 with our developers for further investigation.

Once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log, here:

https://changelog.whmcs.com/

I apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this.

9 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @onliner & @aknight,

Thanks for providing the database dump, I was able to reproduce the issue with your data.

This appears to be related to the large number of TLDs configured. As such I have opened case #CORE-12244 with our developers for further investigation.

Once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log, here:

https://changelog.whmcs.com/

I apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this.

Good news, thank you a lot! I've rolled back to 7.4.2 in the mean while. I guess it can take a day or two to get this resolved?