Marketplace translation

wp4all

19 minutes ago, Tengri said:

is not accepted by system. I think this is "/" problem. Because of this is not translated:

which page/template is this - or is it in one of the cart pages?

also, when you get the chance, can you PM me your Azerbaijani overrides file... even if its unfinished.

3 minutes ago, brian! said:

which page/template is this - or is it in one of the cart pages?

also, when you get the chance, can you PM me your Azerbaijani overrides file... even if its unfinished.

First screenshot from index page of SSL (Marketplace).

Second it this:

Yes, I send you override file.

Thank you.

image.png

5 hours ago, Tengri said:

Second it this:

I assume you're using similar code from the second page of this thread...

<li><i class="fa fa-check-circle-o"></i> {if $LANG.store.cart.promo.{$highlight|replace:' ':''|replace:',':''|replace:'.':''|strtolower}}{$LANG.store.cart.promo.{$highlight|replace:' ':''|replace:',':''|replace:'.':''|strtolower}}{else}$highlight{/if}</li>

change it to...

<li><i class="fa fa-check-circle-o"></i>{if $LANG.store.cart.promo.{$highlight|regex_replace:"/[\W_]+/":""|strtolower}}{$LANG.store.cart.promo.{$highlight|regex_replace:"/[\W_]+/":""|strtolower}}{else}$highlight{/if}</li>

and then change the override string to...

$_LANG['store']['cart']['promo']['125millionwarrantylosscoverage'] = "$1.25 milyon zəmanət";

CyAwZJ6.png

5 hours ago, Tengri said:

First screenshot from index page of SSL (MarketConnect.

so in store/ssl/index.tpl, change...

<div class="col-sm-3 col-sm-offset-1">
	<div class="padded-cell price">
		from<br>
		<strong>{$product->pricing()->best()->yearlyPrice()}</strong>
	</div>
</div>

to...

<div class="col-sm-3 col-sm-offset-1">
	<div class="padded-cell price">
		{if $LANG.store.from}{lang key="store.from"}{else}from{/if}<br>
		<strong>{$product->pricing()->best()->yearlyPrice()|replace:'/yr':{lang key="store.upsell.yearly"}}</strong>
	</div>
</div>

and you would replace "from" with an Azerbaijani language string - I couldn't see one in your overrides file, so you'll either have to add one (in this case, 'from' means a starting price), or just remove "from" from the template...

$_LANG['store']['from'] = "dan başlayaraq";

dCIGKCN.png

... and thanks for the override file! for me, the coding is easy... it's the translations that take me forever!

• 3 weeks later...

a quick update, now that the v7.6b1 has been released...

i'll start with the potential positive news and get to the usual negative stuff later...

MarketConnect UX Updates

MarketConnect has a number of new features in WHMCS 7.6:

• Optimised user experience with promotions and upsells
  • New and improved design and styling for client area and shopping cart promotions
  • New sidebar promotion options for all MarketConnect services
  • Native built-in translation support for translating and/or customising promotions and upsell messaging

that last one is intriguing, but looking at the unhelpful documentation, all it says is...

WHMCS 7.6 introduces native support for customising and translating the promotional content and messaging used in promotions and upsells displayed within the client area and shopping cart.  For more information and instructions on how to work with them, please click here (documentation coming soon).

there's nothing new that I can see with regards to the settings in b1, so these features might be being saved until the Release Candidate stage... I would imagine that "native support" means either the database or language strings... it's looking like language strings to me, but time will tell.

the translation hooks that I wrote for v7.5, still work with v7.6 - but a lot of the text used in the promos/upsells has been changed (plus it's now an animated slider)...

Wi2MWTS.png

as has the styling in the cart (viewcart stage)...

ZCxRm4q.png

again, I can see how these could be translated if necessary via a hook, but hopefully that won't be required - as the "native" method will hopefully be sufficient... but i'll keep the hooks in reserve in case they're needed.

with regards to product addons in the configureproduct cart stage, there has been a positive change - WHMCS are now using language strings in their generation of the titles/descriptions... shappy_dance_100-101.gif?w=150&h=123

but /mo and /yr still seem to be hardcoded in English... aaah.gif

it probably goes without saying that all of the store pages are still hardcoded in English too. waiting.gif

i'll take another look at this when v7.6 comes out of beta - no point releasing anything at this stage if there is going to be a native method for the upsells/promos, so I may concentrate my focus on the store pages... but let's see what WHMCS do first. :idea:

It is too early to update to this version. Beta same. But practice shows that WHMCS is always very slow to learn on their rake. At first, they are all hardcoded, after seeing that "no, people will complain", begin to fix. But they do it gradually. Something is done, something is not being worked up. And so from version to version.

4 hours ago, Tengri said:

It is too early to update to this version. Beta same.

I wasn't suggesting to upgrade now, certainly not to the beta... just a heads-up that there won't be a v7.5.2 and so they're going straight to v7.6... and that if you do upgrade WHMCS, then at the very least, the fontawesome icons will probably fail.

But practice shows that WHMCS is always very slow to learn on their rake.

WHMCS development is a supertanker - slow in a straight line, but ask them to deviate from their development path and it takes them a while to turn the ship around. :788_wheel_of_dharma:

At first, they are all hardcoded, after seeing that "no, people will complain", begin to fix. But they do it gradually. Something is done, something is not being worked up. And so from version to version.

i've always said WHMCS development is far too slow... new features are introduced years after they should have been, and are launched unfinished, but just about good enough to get by... MarketConnect was hardcoded at launch (actually selectively hardcoded because there are *some* translations in there!) 14 months ago... and only now are we slowly starting to get the promos/upsells translatable... but i've been told there are no known plans to translate the store info pages in v7.6... I don't know why not as it's not rocket-science to do it? it's slightly trickier doing it from the outside of the code, but they couldn't have used language strings for every hard-coded sentence in those info pages and the promo/upsells from the beginning ?

i've been playing with a new hook idea this morning, and i've seen enough to know that it's going to work throughout the store info pages - so i'm now able to translate those pages *without* editing the template files and can just use an action hook instead for everything... shappy_dance_100-101.gif?w=150&h=123

that's going to save a load of time as I now won't need to regularly edit the store templates and replace all the sentences/templates manually - the hook will do it... and after every WHMCS update, i'll just need to check if any sentences have been added/changed/removed and adjust the hook accordingly (which hopefully i'll be able to get from the changelog)... from an initial comparison, I don't think the text has changed significantly between v7.5.1 and v7.6, so the hook should work on both (it's not using anything new to v7.6).

i'll make a start on this at the weekend (after England probably get knocked out the World Cup :419_soccer: lol) - let's see if it takes me less than 14 months to do! :smile:

(after England probably get knocked out the World Cup :419_soccer: lol)

God save the Queen! :D

You're absolutely right of course.

By the way, do you happen to know how to remove tax for services (SSL) in MartketPlace? I take the check mark off the product details but it still appears.

9 minutes ago, Tengri said:

By the way, do you happen to know how to remove tax for services (SSL) in MartketPlace? I take the check mark off the product details but it still appears.

have you tried clearing your template and/or browser cache.... if you've unticked the tax apply box in the product/service settings, then it shouldn't be applying tax in the cart.

15 hours ago, brian! said:

have you tried clearing your template and/or browser cache.... if you've unticked the tax apply box in the product/service settings, then it shouldn't be applying tax in the cart.

Yeap. I fully cleare browser cache. But I see tax in cart.

a quick update, now that the v7.6RC has been released...

I can only see one relevant change in the changelog...

CORE-12523 - MarketConnect: Translations related to Weebly store pages

so after 14 months, they've managed to add (near) complete language strings to one (that's correct - not all, just one!) MarketConnect store info page.... I guess Rome wasn't built in a day! waiting.gif

they seem to have used a lot of my Smarty template ideas from this thread and it looks to be about 95% translated... all the language strings are in English, but they seem to be present in each of the language files.

the missing translations, underlined in red, relate to the "Ideal for" value which is being pulled from the $product array, and the /mo monthly abbreviation which looks to be being coded from the priceformatter function (to which we haven't even had v7.5 documentation added yet!)

91rthMT.png

it will be interesting to see if these get fixed in the final GA release, but they can both be fixed using the hook if necessary...

dCLg3eF.png

the product name can also be translated, but you can do that via the Product Setup (if Dynamic Field Translations are enabled in the setup -> localisation settings)... though you could do it in the hook if you wanted to.

I guess we will have to see whether they update any of the other pages for the GA release... if they do, then it will give the hook less to do; if they don't (and what a farce it would be if that happened!), then the hook will take care of *everything*. :!:

perhaps that's what's needed instead of the feature request system - if I just threaten to publish a hook to solve the problem (or actually post in threads how to solve it), then development wheels @ WHMCS Towers begin to turn! :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi all,

I thought it would be helpful to highlight the documentation which covers translation of MarketConnect upsells text in WHMCS v7.6:

https://marketplace.whmcs.com/help/connect/kb/overview/general/customisation_and_localisation_of_promotions

We hope this makes the process easier and helps increase conversions!

3 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

I thought it would be helpful to highlight the documentation which covers translation of MarketConnect upsells text in WHMCS v7.6

well that was worth waiting for.  fu-rolleyes.gif

3 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

it might have helped more if you developed a translation system that doesn't leave orphaned English phrases stuck in the middle of a translation, e.g "from just" and "/yr". aaah.gif

possibly /yr is down to the price formatter functionality - but not all countries use /mo and /yr, so this solution is English-centric at best.

i'm genuinely tempted to add a Keystone Cops animated gif to this post - this is just pathetic.... do it properly or don't do it at all... if you're on the ball, let's see if this gets fixed in v7.6.1

i'll find the time to work on the MarketConnect translation hook at the weekend - in fact, any of the previous hooks i've posted, in this thread and elsewhere, would be better than this.

11 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

nice try but just a try !

Brian! has already mentioned it above here shown in pictures

image.thumb.png.8bd8f6e4eeda46e78ff3926723f9b7fb.png

Call to action is just 50 % translatable , "Learn more" not translatable at all . Why is the currency duplicated?

It's like: " I own a bmw car car" at least in some countries there is no double naming for the currency.

Ok you have now presented us a solution for promo and upselling boxes translation what about the Sites ?

John! Brian's concerning about the month / year translation is just above your announcement.

image.thumb.png.edfaa4eeb131f5cdbd7164a72c15f80b.png

I know us German is gladly given arrogant perfection but WTF should I present my customer this kind of germanenglish ?

It's not that I'm ungrateful but what am I supposed to do with it? I mean we have 4 pages where only translation problems are discussed and you do not nearly make the effort to read through and understand what is required.

Greetings Christian

3 hours ago, wp4all said:

Call to action is just 50 % translatable , "Learn more" not translatable at all .

i'd forgotten about that one - i've translated it so many times with the hooks, i'd forgotten it was still hard coded.... to make it worse, there's already a "Learn more" language string that they could have used! 🙄

3 hours ago, wp4all said:

Why is the currency duplicated?

It's like: " I own a bmw car car" at least in some countries there is no double naming for the currency. 

i've got some sympathy here for WHMCS.... they're likely using the full string output for the price and that will include both suffix and prefix, e.g £1.23GBP... there's no simple automatic way to know whether to include prefix (symbol before the price), suffix (symbol after the price) or both... of course, the real problems are that the creation code is encoded/hidden and WHMCS are making the decision for you about including the full string pricing format.

if this code was generated by an accessible public hook then...

1. I could fix it in minutes (hours at worst) - rather that waiting months for WHMCS to work through various iterations until they get it right (or what they think is good enough to release).
  2. there would then be no need for a translation hook because the source hook would be correctly coded for language strings.
  3. you could devise rules on how to show specific currencies, e.g GBP could be £1.23; EUR might be €1.23 or 1.23€; USD might be $1.23USD - the choice would be down to us to decide... even from the outside, I can see how to do that... sadly, it probably never even crossed the minds of those within WHMCS.

i'll give you another issue... the SiteLock homepage panel is hard-code in English...

oV2FLAK.png

as you can see from the button, i've selected the German language... yet only the button is translated - not "Choose Domain:" or even the panel title itself "Manage Your Security".. yeah I could easily fix it with a panel and/or translation hook, but I dread to think if the other MarketConnect panels are similarly coded.

if I were a) a user of WHMCS based in a non-English speaking country; b) wanting to sell MarketConnect products and c) using WHMCS v7.6, then i'd be frustrated too... actually, i'd have probably moved on to another product by now... we all know what WHMCS need to do to get this right, but they simply aren't putting the effort in... it's not even difficult to do from their position, that's what makes it even more frustrating.

• 3 weeks later...