having just rechecked, contact.tpl doesn't use customfields - clientareacontact would, but they'd already be a customer by then, so not relevant to this. if you're not bothered about storing in the database.. then in contact.tpl, just add the following... <div class="form-group"> <label for="inputMessage" class="col-sm-3 control-label">GDPR Consent</label> <div class="col-sm-9"> <input type="checkbox" required name="gdprconsent"> I consent blah blah </div> </div> it's a required field, so they can't submit without ticking it... if they don't, they'll see an error message as above. if you need to customise the error message, perhaps using it in the client's language (or hardcoding to German)... <div class="form-group"> <label for="inputMessage" class="col-sm-3 control-label">GDPR Consent</label> <div class="col-sm-9"> <input type="checkbox" required name="gdprconsent" oninvalid="this.setCustomValidity('{$LANG.ordererrords}')" oninput="setCustomValidity('')"> I consent blah blah </div> </div> off the top of my head, I can see no reason why it wouldn't work in other templates e.g., register or checkout. I probably should have suggested this in the first place rather than worrying about storing consent.... though there's nothing to prove they have consented (because it won't be added to the email), but that's another matter.

Reputation Points