snake

has whmcsNow.com ceased trading

does anything know anything about whmcsnow.com, I am using their staffwiki plugin, but have not been able to get any response from  them for over 8 months now.

16 minutes ago, snake said:

does anything know anything about whmcsnow.com, I am using their staffwiki plugin, but have not been able to get any response from  them for over 8 months now.

seems he hasn't logged in here for nearly 3 years, none of his products have been updated in months... and his LinkedIn page says he now works for Amazon.... I wouldn't be too optimistic if I were you.

I hear from the client that they did not respond to the ticket

Any way to contact this guy? We have a bunch of stuff in the staff wiki that we can no longer access now that he's taken down his licensing system.

We only bought the module in October 2018 and he was answering sales tickets then.

I ended up having to send several tickets to the hosting company he is also associated with, which finally got a response. I think I found that info via his linkedin profile.

Ok thanks I've submitted a ticket. As far as I can tell, the staff wiki module is just a copy of the WHMCS KB but with only admin access. There is another module the same by "EasyWHMCS" but this doesn't support PHP 7.

Does anyone know an alternative?

I have not found any alternative. I will just start using an external solution if this is not resolved.

I would not recommend EasyWHMCS. I once paid that guy for some custom work, and got completely ripped off. He did not do the work and would not refund the money either. Tried to submit a claim against him and the address was fake also.

Since we're in the third party addons and rules allow it, I will do a bit of self promo.  Check out my staff knowledgebase module on the marketplace for a staff wiki / kb module.  Likely wont work with the whmcsnow staff wiki tables as was built to replace easywhmcs's staff kb module and use those tables.

is there any possibility of a migration script?

Have not used their module so could not say right off.  Would need at least the module's database tables structure and then figure out any sorta of relationship linking. 

I got a response. He said they have had a technical issue due to a failed upgrade so the license checking was down. He says he has fixed it but sadly his site is still down and the module just keeps asking for the license key.

Steven99, does your module require license checking? If so, does it allow the module to keep working if your license server is down?

Hope you don't mind me saying - it looks quite basic but has a pretty heavy price tag at 50 USD

On 5/13/2019 at 11:19 AM, Chris74 said:

Ok thanks I've submitted a ticket. As far as I can tell, the staff wiki module is just a copy of the WHMCS KB but with only admin access. There is another module the same by "EasyWHMCS" but this doesn't support PHP 7.

Does anyone know an alternative?

Maybe you like to wait couple day i developer a one that calls staff knowledgebase .

My module does do license checking and has a grace period of a couple days before it would start to give license validation errors.   Price is one time fee, gives a year of updates / support and after that point you don't need either it will still function.

I think we will just add a Staff category to the main KB and not publish the articles. This way we don't have to rely on third party developers.

One of the major problems with WHMCS is that they rely on external developers to provide modules for their system to put in place the functionality that is sadly missing from the main product. Sadly in most cases, these "developers" are amateurs who have learned a bit of PHP coding and want to make some money sitting at home. We have seen it so many times where the website goes offline, the owner can't be contacted - or the addon is no longer being maintained or updated. It's pretty much a waste of time to use any of these third party modules. It's also a security risk.

yes this has been a common problem, and unfortunately these bedroom developers pass themselves off as companies, so you do not realise it is just 1 person.

The issue with our website was to an upgrade and then our antivirus periodically removing one of WHMCS' core files.

With regards to the issue with the grace period, we have found and patched an issue with the WHMCS' Licensing Addon which renders no grace period if the license is expired and the license server is not responding correctly.

I have reported this issue to WHMCS and they have created a CaseID: ADDON-6030 to investigate this issue further.