sol2010

Notify Clients of Network Maintenance

What is the best way to alert customers about upcoming network maintenance?

For example - when I open a new Support > Network Issues > Scheduled for e.g. server XYZ, I would like all clients on server XYZ to  either:

1) Get an email to alert them there is a new Network Maintenance issue posted for their service;  OR

2) Alternatively - see a notification on their dashboard that their server has maintenance scheduled.

I am surprised this doesn't already exist.  Or maybe it does, but mine is not working!

Edited by sol2010

1 hour ago, sol2010 said:

I am surprised this doesn't already exist.  Or maybe it does, but mine is not working!

i've posted how to do 2) previously...

1) there is a product in Marketplace (sorry!) that can do it - though it seemingly hasn't been updated in over a year, so I don't know if it's v7.4 compatible - there is a trial version available though.

https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/3078

Thank you again @brian!

[edit] Fantastic !  works great.

Would still be nice to be able to have that notification in the notifications button at the top, but this is great too!

Cheers

Edited by sol2010

12 hours ago, sol2010 said:

Would still be nice to be able to have that notification in the notifications button at the top, but this is great too!

notifications are an absolute pain to code - how many notification hooks have you ever seen posted in this place?

precisely. :idea:

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By wsa
      We just finished updating the Client Limitation to v3.0.0 to work on WHMCS v7.4 and PHP 7
      Find out more about Client Limitation from WHMCS
      Screenshot: Click Here
      Sale Price:
      Owned License: $20.99 USD Click Here
      Click Here To View All WHMCS Addons By WHMCSServices
      Do You Need Custom Development? Click Here
      Latest Release:
      Client Verification 3.0.3
      Close Account 3.3.0
      Cancellation 3.2
      Client Notifications 5.0.3
      Email Verification Extended 6.0.1
      Coming Soon:
      Stripe Bitcoin 1.0
      Ticket Number Restriction 2.0.0
      PayPal Extended 4.0.0
      Backup Module 1.0.0
      Our Social Media:
      WHMCSServices on Facebook
      WHMCSServices on Twitter
    • By HardSoftCode
      The top notification module will display a color bar on top any page you specified in the page URL or you can display the bar in all the pages. Some of the features we have added to the module that you can set a publish and expiry date you can use this feature to show a coupon code for your customer and if the expiry date comes the bar will stop displaying the coupon code. Also we have added the feature to pick a color for the notification bar with a cool color picker. A lot of customer asked for multi language we have added this in v2.0.0 now you can display the notification bar with any language you want. There is a lot of features in v2.0.0 you will discover by yourself

Features

Rewrite the code from scratch
      Display the notification for all pages
      Publish and expiry date
      Message alignment
      Date picker
      Close bar button
      Close bar button alignment
      Remember cancellation
      Remember cancellation days
      Animated color
      Color picker
      Multi language
      Fix bar to the top of the page
      Space for the fixed bar
      Disable or enable

You most understand that the free project v1.7 of this module is not the same as the paid module some of the feature is not included in module Also the style is different but the module is tested and working like the paid module.

To view the product page click here
    • By ichilver
      Hi

Is there a way in WHMCS to get a popup window to warn the logged in user that there session is about to timeout and log them out.

Similar to when you are logged into your bank and it warns you are about to be auto logged out.

Ian
    • By USA_Webmaster
      How do I reset, or clear domain renewal specific notification for customer?

This is what the popover user notification says:
      Notifications
      You have 1 domain(s) expiring within the next 7 days.

The thing is, when renew is clicked, "Days Until Expire" is 114 days.

• stock whmcs theme
      • div accountNotificationsContent
      • backend notification popover alert

TYVM for your wisdom,
    • By HardSoftCode
      Client activity notification module for WHMCS will power up your system with 8 new notification email templates to send admin and client any activity happens on the client area. So if the any client register on WHMCS an email will be sent to the authorized admin. As you know if any client changes his details a notification email will only be sent to admin but with the client activity notification module if the client change his details the admin and client will receive a notification email for change client details. From module settings you can authorized admin who will receive the activity notification emails and check/uncheck any notification email you and client want to receive the client also have the ability to check/uncheck his own notification emails from the client area and see all the activity log for his account.

Features

Administrator permission you can set who can receive notification emails
      Administrator can receive client register notification email
      Administrator can receive client change password notification email
      Administrator can receive client login notification email
      Administrator can receive client failed login notification email
      Administrator can check/uncheck any of the notification email to be send or not send to admins
      Administrator can prune activity notification logs from module settings
      Administrator can view a list of all the client activities
      Administrator can check/uncheck authorize any of the notification email for clients
      Client can receive client change details notification email
      Client can receive client change password notification email
      Client can receive client login notification email
      Client can receive client failed login notification email
      Client can check/uncheck any of the notification email to be sent to him
      Client can view a list of all his activities log

View the product PageView all our works and Products