Jump to content
WHMCS John

Troubleshooting a The file /path/to/whmcs/index.php is corrupted Error

Recommended Posts

Symptom 

After applying the 7.5 update, you may encounter the following error:

The file /path/to/whmcs/index.php is corrupted.

Where /path/to/whmcs/ is the location of your WHMCS installation.

 

Cause

This message occurs when the server environment does not have a sufficiently recent version of the Ioncube Loaders installed so as to meet the compatibility requirements.

This error will occur if you are running Ioncube Loaders version 10.0 or earlier. WHMCS 7.5 requires Ioncube Loaders 10.1.0 or above.

 

Solution

Update the IonCube Loaders installed on your server to version 10.1.0 or higher in PHP 5.6 or 7.0, then attempt the update process again.

Once the update to WHMCS version 7.5 has been completed, you may switch to a PHP 7.1 or 7.2 environment is desired.

It may be necessary to contact your server admin/hosting provider to make these configuration changes.

 

More information: http://help.whmcs.com/m/75601/l/851363-troubleshooting-a-the-file-path-to-whmcs-index-php-is-corrupted-error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also remember to update cron jobs. Our cron job was running with 'php -q', and the default php version is 5.6 which caused the "The file /path/to/whmcs/crons/cron.php is corrupted" error :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Similar Content

    • By startover909
      I'm currently in the process of setting up WHMCS (7.5.1) along with a main site on a pretty much empty dedicated server (decent E3 with SSD). The site does not run "slow" by any means. It loads in about 650ms to 800ms on Pingdom and GTMetrix tests. What I did find curious is that it is exactly and consistently around 200ms slower TTFB compared to the same sites on the same server, mostly running Wordpress. All running the same PHP and MySQL and over SSL (so all the overheads are accounted for). So while the other site would have a TTFB of say 250ms to a given test server (including SSL handshake), WHMCS would take about 450ms, pushing it just a bit over the most "ideal" ballpark. This can be also easily verified by using Chrome's developer tool - network tool.
      Is this 200ms due to the IonCube encoding, or is the speed of the application itself just what it is? Does this number seem right to you? If you have any other PHP/MySQL site especially Wordpress running along side WHMCS on the exact same server, and not utilizing CDN's such as cloudflare that can skew the results,  do you mind doing a test and see if your WHMCS is also consistently a bit slower TTFB (test during idle times)?
      Thanks.
    • By John Kennedy
      Getting error 500 when trying to access todo lists. Seems to be happening after the update to 7.5.1.
      ./admin/todolist.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6 and cannot run under PHP 7.1 or later." Host:
      CentOS6.9
      nginx + FPM
      php 7.1.16 + ionCube Loader 10.1.0

      The original installation 7.2.x was running on php5.6.35 + iCL6.0.7, and I think this is where the issue is coming from. Is it possible ./admin/todolist.php wasn't updated with 7.5.1?
    • By Scolpy
      Hey,
       
      Today ionCube released v4.5.0 which compatible with PHP 5.5.X.
      So I updated my PHP 5.4.x to 5.5.x and installed the new loaders but when I try to access to the Administrator panel I got this error:
       
      Please know that before you update to PHP 5.5.x because WHMCS team need to the update WHMCS files in order support the new ionCube loaders.
    • By exwizzard
      Hello everyone,
       
      I have just had a really frustrating experience with ioncube and I would like to share my information in case anyone else has the same problem, or happens to google this.
       
      The problem seems to be with the latest ioncube loaders, specifically the file "ioncube_loader_lin_5.4.so"
       
      The latest version of this file has the filesize of 1181432 bytes. After installing this file I immediately noticed that whmcs has problems with loading, it would load once in 20 times. The error message in apache log was this:
       
      exit signal Segmentation fault (11), possible coredump in /etc/apache2
       
      The solution for me was to rollback to an earlier version of the file, with the filesize of "1171544" bytes.
       
      I hope this information helps you.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines and understand your posts will initially be pre-moderated